Silverado Encinitas

335 Saxony Rd, Encinitas, CA, 92024

Reviews of Silverado Encinitas

January 27, 2015

By mph92101

My wife's mother really needed to move into care last year. We spent time looking at many places and chose Silverado, because the quality of facility and services appeared first class. We were nervous about how she would accept the move, but the staff were so kind and welcoming that my mother-in-law took to it straight away. There are lots of activities, as well as many animals around the place, including ponies that roam the garden. The staff really seem to care about their residents. Family is encouraged to stop by anytime and join in at meals or activities. Rooms are light and airy with individual "memory cabinets" outside, telling you something of the resident's life. My mother-in-law really enjoyed her time there. She improved mentally due to the social interaction and said, "Everyone is so kind to me here."

Mph92101, thank you for sharing your comments. We are glad that you had a positive experience and enjoy our family-like environment. As you noticed, Silverado Encinitas is a warm, lively place where hobbies and interaction flourish and engagement is constant. Thanks again for your comments and we look forward to continue to be a trusted resource for you and your mother-in-law.

June 17, 2014

My husband has been at Silverado Encinitas for 11 days. The reason I chose this one is because I live close to this facility and I can go every day. This place seemed really good to me, and yet it turned out, it's disappointing because they don't do what they say they're going to do. I am a little disappointed in them. My husband can't communicate because he has the type of dementia that has impacted his speaking ability, and because he can't talk, he wouldn't be able to participate in their activities. However, when they say they do activities, what they're saying is he is not in his room all the time. So he is not in his room all the time, but he is sitting in a chair, a wheelchair, or a walker, and to me, that's not activity. Just because you're not in bed doesn't mean you're doing activities. Their activity level for him is just unacceptable to me. They don't have any activities for my husband.

Thank you for your comments. We take all feedback very seriously and are always available to discuss concerns. Through dementia specific engagements, we are able to provide a lively environment where residents can thrive. We customize each engagement plan to each resident’s personal preferences and needs, which can be an ongoing process. For our residents who are further progressed, we offer many sensory activities that involve the five senses and tactile stimulations, such as music circles, pet therapy, hand massages and many others. We are sorry that you had a negative experience and hope to have the opportunity to resolve any issues or misunderstandings directly.

January 31, 2014

My wife is in Silverado and it is a fairly large and a very good facility two floors and are somewhat separate by the degree of Alzheimer's. It is excellent and I can't see any place as good as them. They take really good care of the assisted living patients. One thing that I really like is that when somebody is taking care of one patient and they see somebody that's having trouble, they will stop and help that person. They are just really good. The food is a pretty balance diet, very good and satisfactory. They have a number of activities like newspaper reading, yoga and exercises. They have very good routine there. They allow pets to run free. They have a fenced area outside so people can go out to the yard without being endangered and yet they feel free.

We are happy to hear that you had a positive experience. Silverado is a socially vibrant community filled with visitors and pets, and often times children as well. As you noted, our vibrant environment makes Silverado feel like a home. Thanks for your feedback!

January 31, 2014

By Caring74911950

The only place I know that could actually handle highly disruptive and agitated behaviors that won't ship you out the door is Silverado Senior Living. My husband went there. I had enough experience about it to know that even if I had to drive 65 miles one way a day or stay down there, it was worth it for my peace of mind. My husband was there for about 20 days. It's the most expensive facility that I know of. At first I was questioning if the extra money would equate into that high of a quality of service, but now having been there, I can say that it was worth every penny. The facility was excellent. The care was fantastic and very attentive. Everything they promised they do, they did. The staff was highly friendly, cooperative, caring and compassionate. I would also say that I suspect that all of their facilities are of equal excellence. They had a philosophy by their founders that love is greater than fear and they treat each patient with compassion, care and kindness that is unsurpassed from what I could see.

Thank you sharing your Silverado story! We are very happy to hear that you had a positive experience. As you noted, our associates are committed to providing attentive, compassionate care and excellent service to not only our residents but to their family members as well. Thank you again for sharing your comments.

October 30, 2013

By Marcelle1

The girl that I talked at Silverado was very professional and very knowledgeable. Everybody that we talked to were all very helpful. They were also able to keep in touch with me.

Marcelle, thank you for taking the time to review our Encintas community. We are happy to hear that you had a positive experience. We hope to continue to be a trusted resource to you and your family!

November 18, 2011

By tcu

Wonderful, attentive staff; full schedule of activities to keep residents mentally challenge and stimulated. Well-maintaind facility.

We are glad you had a chance to experience the Silverado difference at our Encinitas community. We hope to continue to be an educational resource for you in the future!

August 02, 2011

By my poor mom

My mother was at Silverado, we moved her. My sister felt is was not clean.....A serious virus went around,ppl became seriously ill and worse. Her belongings dissappeared, it was all the good stuff that dissappeared,,,,,,so we questioned who took what???

Photos of Silverado Encinitas

Features of Silverado Encinitas

About Silverado Encinitas

The skilled, compassionate memory care professionals at Silverado are dedicated to providing residents with the dignity and care they deserve while they enjoy the community's warm atmosphere. Comfortable surroundings and engagement activities designed with the needs of memory-impaired individuals in mind help ensure the goal of enriching the lives of both residents and their families.

Map of Silverado Encinitas