Silverado Newport Mesa

350 W. Bay Street, Costa Mesa, CA, 92627

Reviews of Silverado Newport Mesa

August 09, 2012

By Laura from Huntington Beach, CA

The care and attention my husband is receiving is wonderful. They are so helpful, courteous to me. I usually visit during a meal, and it is provided to me for no additional cost. It is my home away from home.

July 31, 2012

By stAve

Upon my walking in I realized that assisted living was much smaller than I had thought. I guess my movie versions of these places took over and I thought they were something they were not. Either way, we checked in with a receptionist (possibly a nurse at the facility) who contacted Michael's uncle. His uncle was in good enough shape to come to us with a different care-taker. We visited him for a small amount of time and then off to his room we went so he could show off a couple of letters that were sent to him by his grandchildren. While Michael visited with his uncle I was observing the areas. The staff seemed mostly female and very patient. Although the place appeared "stuffy", the residents were a lively group of elder people. There were a couple of residents that appeared mentally disturbed or otherwise uncooperative with staff, but they were no real threat. My overall experience was pretty pleasant though we did not spend much time there.

June 14, 2012

By commercesd

Since we were in the area, we decided to stop in and visit the Silverado Senior Living - Newport Mesa facility as a possible place for our aunt to live. The outer grounds looked very well maintained and felt peaceful. The staff were very friendly and accommodating, despite the fact that we did not have an appointment. The decor was fresh and bright and the design easy to access. All of the rooms had lovely and comfortable furnishings with lots of light, fresh air and nice views. The private living spaces were nicely personalized with a home-style and comfortable decor. The bathrooms had safety rails and seats. Each space had good fresh air and natural light. The fitness room had well maintained equipment and they also offered daily yoga and aerobics classes. Seniors could also use the garden courtyards and pathways for exercise on a near year round basis, given the climate of the region. Their calendar of activities included an interesting array of items such as local events which featured many of the stimulating ways to spend time at art exhibits, having discussions, exercising with nature walks and may other opportunities. The menus included many interesting dishes. The dining areas were comfortable, spacious and easy access, for people of various levels of mobility. The residents were offered healthy, home-style cooked meals. The meal we saw looked and smelled very appetizing. Snacks were offered continually, as is water, whenever requested. There was a nice back area with many places to enjoy the trees and nicely manicured lawns. We could see that the residents there were content and well cared for caring and efficient staff kind and we could see that all of the residents were enjoying themselves here.

September 22, 2011

This facility specializes in Alzheimer's Dementia Care. Located in a beautiful, safe residential area near the coast. I was impressed with the special behavioral training - expertise of the professional staff. This is a step above other assited living facilities that I have been too. The approach to care that they are able to offer is more clinical. I like the fact that they have family support groups and educational forums. They focus alot on the family as well. Beautiful grounds with gazebos and gardens. The presentation of the inereior is quite elegant and upscale. They have animals. Resident showcases help them find their rooms and they can talk about their lives. This is a very professionally run facility and I would consider this for placement.

Photos of Silverado Newport Mesa

Features of Silverado Newport Mesa

About Silverado Newport Mesa

The skilled, compassionate memory care professionals at Silverado are dedicated to providing residents with the dignity and care they deserve while they enjoy the community's warm atmosphere. Comfortable surroundings and engagement activities designed with the needs of memory-impaired individuals in mind help ensure the goal of enriching the lives of both residents and their families.

Map of Silverado Newport Mesa