Brookdale Palmer Park

2850 N. Academy Blvd., Colorado Springs, CO, 80917

Reviews of Brookdale Palmer Park

March 28, 2015

By Rhonda19

Brookdale Palmer Park was very clinical looking and very institutional like. The people were professional. The activities were limited. They specialize in Alzheimer's, and it's locked down. I've known other families that were there. I can't say that I would recommend it unless the person was pretty far along with Alzheimer's.

Thank you for taking the time to visit and share your concerns. We are sorry the community did not fully meet your expectations. We are committed to continuous quality care and will share your feedback with our management team.

March 11, 2015

By Marta2

The new admissions director and the director were very nice, and we talked about my mother's needs. They gave us a tour, and we went outside. They showed us that it was fenced in and that people could go outside and be safe. It's very homey. On the downside -- which is not something that they had any control over -- there was a little group of three ladies walking a circle around the perimeter on the inside, and they said they were trying to get out of there.

August 31, 2014

By Patricia35

Emeritus at Colorado Springs was nice. The people who assisted me during my visit showed me around. I saw a lot of residents who were out walking. The place was clean, which I think is very important.

May 27, 2014

By mbilbre

If I could give a negative star I would! My father recently passed away and I fully blame this center for his health issues. The people at this center do not care for the patients, perfect example is that dad was taking his clothes off daily and he was in depends - they didn't tell us he had huge bed sores that had already developed MRSA which was the beginning of his end. There is no way they didn't see these sores as they were big and he was getting naked all the time - not to mention of the complaining of pain. It wasn't until we took him to the hospital and they found out what the problems were. If I was my mother I would have sued straight away but I'm still trying to convince her that it's an option. The nurses and doctors even said this was blatant malpractice. If you want your family member to LIVE and be CARED FOR DO NOT SEND THEM HERE! Another note... his clothes were always missing and/or being worn by other patients, his pictures didn't stay put and his floor was ALWAYS sticky even when we asked for them to clean it. STAY AWAY.

December 17, 2013

By Mike37

My mother-in-law is now in Emeritus at Colorado Springs. We chose this facility because they accept Medicaid. I like best their friendly people and how easy the process to get in there. Everything seems really good. It's a nice facility.

October 22, 2013

By Jayme22

My mother has been at Emeritus for over 2 years. Jennifer and her staff are very caring and professional. They truly understand what it is like to have a loved one with Alzheimers and have helped me to "Join the Journey". They treat each resident with compassion and respect. The many activities they provide helps one find that special way to connect with your loved one. In my mother's case, it is through music. It takes special people to provide loving care for those with Alzheimers. Jennifer and her staff are just those kind of folks.

November 02, 2011

By Doug1

We placed my wife Lois at The Court on October 31, 2011. She has dementia and requires level 2 care. Everyone, including Jennifer, Brandi, Heleen, Cindy, Alan and Wendy has been extremely helpful in making the transition. Special kudos to Shari for her professional, loving approach. She has expertly guided me through the decision-making and paper process. Lois is now in the adjustment phase. Time will tell whether it is a good fit, but I am very optimistic that The Court will provide Lois with the very best prospects for outstanding care.

Photos of Brookdale Palmer Park

Features of Brookdale Palmer Park

About Brookdale Palmer Park

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Map of Brookdale Palmer Park