Brookdale Citrus Heights

7375 Stock Ranch Road, Citrus Heights, CA, 95621

Reviews of Brookdale Citrus Heights

March 31, 2015

We have installed my wife in a community in Sacramento. It used to be called Emeritus Citrus Heights, but now it is called Brookdale. A lot of things were considered, but basically the proximity to one of our daughters and her siblings, the neighborhood in which it was located, the quality of the facility itself, and their promotional declaration about how caring and dedicated is their service. They have no pool or exercise room because it is a memory care facility. Most of the activities are related to cognitive ability. She has not been there very long, and we are still having adjustments. As for the care, it seems to be about where I anticipated it. There are two things that can always be improved. One is the ratio between caregivers and residents can be much lower; in other words, more caregivers to serve the existing residents. It is simply not possible for two people to watch twenty people at a level which may or may not be necessary. The more that they are observed and engaged, the better it is. Of course the other thing is the cost can be substantially less. I recognize it is a business, so it is what it is. She has only been there for a month and a half so no real opinions have been formed yet.

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. By giving us your feedback, you are helping us to understand what we do well and what we need to focus on improving. We would welcome an opportunity to personally discuss your concerns with you and hope you will call us at 877-400-5296.

June 27, 2014

I got to visit Emeritus at Citrus Heights, and people there seemed happy enough. I just looked at their facilities and the different sized apartments. The concierge services were superb. They try to include family into the special rooms if you want to have family dinners or something like that. I thought that was quite good, so I thought their accommodations in trying to get the family to mix in with the resident's life was good. Their library was very nice. They had art activities and trips. What impressed me the most was the concierge services, which I thought were amazing.

October 28, 2013

By Amanda6

The staff here is very caring and loving, they make the place livable. I had my mom here for only 2 months when I made the decision to move her. It was just a little too chaotic. While visiting my mom one day a woman across the hall fell and came crawling out into the hall, I pressed the emergency button but nothing happened! I ran around the facility to find someone and finally found them outside with other residents. They told me they disconnected the emergency buttons because the residents kept pushing them. With 75 people living there the staff is pretty busy. I would help with serving dinner and the food looked awful!! I complained several times but nothing got better. One day another resident came into my mom's room and went through her closet! I understand they all have memory issues but that was it for me, I started looking for another place. There is just too much going on for the staff to handle.

June 10, 2011

By ThinBasi

Other

I used to be an independent Avon representative and would visit this facility twice a month to sell to the occupants. During my visits I set up in several different areas and found the place to be very clean. Floors were always fresh and clean. From what I could see the temperatures were kept comfortable for all. The heat was on when it was cold. There were many areas for the people to communicate together. Activities were also set up for everyone. There were meals supplied to everyone at specific times of the day. This was nice because they were not expected to prepare their own meals. Over all I would say this is a nice facility however the people working there could have a slightly better attitude because they made me feel unwanted a couple times.

Photos of Brookdale Citrus Heights

Features of Brookdale Citrus Heights

• Licenses: RCFE

About Brookdale Citrus Heights

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Extra Large backyard with ample walking paths - Four living houses with dining and living rooms (all connected to center building) - Unique Approach to Alzheimer’s and Memory Care called Join Their Journey - On-site Beauty Shop - State-of- the-art Computerized Resident Evaluation tool called WeCare

Map of Brookdale Citrus Heights