Brookdale Carmel

301 Executive Drive, Carmel, IN, 46032

Reviews of Brookdale Carmel

November 22, 2013

By Kim40

Clare Bridge of Carmel dealt with Alzheimer's and dementia patients and that was what I looked for. I liked the care from the caregivers who worked there, I thought that they were excellent. They had nice sizes for the rooms and everybody had a private room. You could bring your own furnitue or they provided for you. I would suggest they serve better food.

June 19, 2013

By Lynn14

I had heard good things about Clare Bridge and it's very close to my house so I visited it. It has a very homelike and happy atmosphere. The facility itself was very nice and the rooms were nice. The patients were all happy, like they were well taken care of. The employees were very gracious and accommodating. I thought it was a wonderful place.

August 13, 2012

By George & Mary Ann's daughter

My mother resided at Clare Bridge from October 2010 - April 2012. There is virtually no staff turnover, and all the staff we interacted with were very caring and showed unbelievable patience with the residents. The facility has endless activities geared to the physical & cognitive abilities of the residents, and staff works very hard to get residents out of their rooms and interacting with the other residents & staff. Even the office staff is great with the residents; my mother loved to "help" in the office. The facility has a couple of cats, a dog, fish, and birds. It looks like a big Victorian house, and the resident rooms are arranged in neighborhoods of 8 rooms, each with its own living area & dining room. The neighborhoods are arranged in a circle around an outdoor garden with windows looking onto the garden to let in lots of natural light. This is great for those residents who like to walk; they can walk the circle for as long as they like. Their are various activity stations around the circle where they can stop to fiddle with objects that replicate a life activity they might recall (nursery, office, dressing table, etc). For anyone with nightmare pictures of what a nursing home looks like, this is NOT it; it's more like 3 or 4 star resort. But I have to come back to the staff, because they are fantastic. They are so patient and gentle, and very clearly love working with the residents to make their remaining days as pleasant as possible. When it became clear that my mother was in her last days, the support for the family was equally good. We were encouraged to stay in my mother's room if we wanted, and they were very respectful of both her comfort and our privacy. If you have a parent or spouse with Alzheimer's, I cannot recommend Clare Bridge of Carmel highly enough. My family has not regretted placing my mother there for a moment, and I would not hesitate to place anyone I care for (including myself) in Clare Bridge should the necessity arise.

Photos of Brookdale Carmel

Features of Brookdale Carmel

• Tai Chi

• Staff Patient Ratio: 7 To 1
  • Minimum Age: None

• Licenses: Licensed Residental Assisted Living

About Brookdale Carmel

At Brookdale Carmel we know that memory losses due to Alzheimer's disease and other forms of dementia are progressive and residents' needs are continually changing. That's why we provide balance in our residents' capabilities, personalities, and preferences to create daily routines that enhance their spirits and increase their sense of purpose. We believe the amount of satisfaction our Alzheimer's and dementia care residents receive from the tasks that fill their days goes a long way to maintaining their sense of purpose and overall satisfaction with life. An integral part of this is our promise to encourage each resident to find Daily Moments of Success. To help our residents achieve these moments, our associates receive the tools and training needed in such key areas as specialized dining and the ongoing monitoring of healthcare and behavioral needs, to name a few.

We provide Alzheimer's and dementia care residents with the lifestyle, housing, and services they need in comfortable surroundings combined with the amenities, programs, and care to help stimulate recognition, recall, and wellness in a safe environment. Through years of caring for individuals with dementia, our professional care staff has learned to create optimal surroundings and approaches to care. Familiar environments that our residents have enjoyed throughout their lives are recreated to help them feel reassured and comfortable. The Alzheimer's and dementia care programs at Brookdale Carmel are built to embrace, not restrict our residents' desire to wander and to provide a sense of belonging.

Map of Brookdale Carmel