Brookdale Santa Barbara

911 Santa Barbara Boulevard, Cape Coral, FL, 33991

Reviews of Brookdale Santa Barbara

Pat110 August 10, 2013

I went on a tour at Clare Bridge and the facility looks nice. The rooms were of average size and they are clean. The staff are very nice. They had a nice area outside where the residents can hang out under the trees and they also had a popcorn machine located outside.

Arnoldsdaughter December 08, 2011

I very much liked the layout and decoration of this facility. It was arranged in a circle which was good for my father who wandered the halls alot: he could walk continuously without hitting a dead end. Some of the rooms were very homey such as the room with the pool table for the guys, the tv lounge and the kitchen where they would have afternoon baking sessions. The staff were very friendly to the patients and to the guests and many of them were there for several years - consistency is good. They also had a very active hobby room, some birds. The location is convenient for visiting and near to doctors for appointments. My father's room was a nice size and his personal things were respected. The communication with myself and other family was very good. I liked the way they separated patients at meals who needed more assistance from those who were more independent. My father was disturbed at times by being around those who were less functional so this was a good way to shield him from this and give him more of a feeling of being in his own home and not a hospital. Over the years of his decline he was in many facilities and this was the one I felt was the best experience for all of us.

From Brookdale Santa Barbara

At Brookdale Santa Barbara we know that memory losses due to Alzheimer's disease and other forms of dementia are progressive and residents' needs are continually changing. That's why we provide balance in our residents' capabilities, personalities, and preferences to create daily routines that enhance their spirits and increase their sense of purpose. We believe the amount of satisfaction our Alzheimer's and dementia care residents receive from the tasks that fill their days goes a long way to maintaining their sense of purpose and overall satisfaction with life. An integral part of this is our promise to encourage each resident to find Daily Moments of Success. To help our residents achieve these moments, our associates receive the tools and training needed in such key areas as specialized dining and the ongoing monitoring of healthcare and behavioral needs, to name a few.

We provide Alzheimer's and dementia care residents with the lifestyle, housing, and services they need in comfortable surroundings combined with the amenities, programs, and care to help stimulate recognition, recall, and wellness in a safe environment. Through years of caring for individuals with dementia, our professional care staff has learned to create optimal surroundings and approaches to care. Familiar environments that our residents have enjoyed throughout their lives are recreated to help them feel reassured and comfortable. The Alzheimer's and dementia care programs at Brookdale Santa Barbara are built to embrace, not restrict our residents' desire to wander and to provide a sense of belonging.

Features of Brookdale Santa Barbara