Villagio at Capriana

454 S. La Floresta Dr., Brea, CA, 92823

Reviews of Villagio at Capriana

April 27, 2015

By JerseyJeanie

My mother lived here for about 6 months. We visited several memory care facilities and many were good, but when we met Mr. Rodriguez, Marketing Director, and received a tour, we knew we had found the perfect home for mom. I am fortunate to live close to Villagio and I could visit my mother at the start of her day and at dinner. I would also visit at random times just to love her up. I saw my mom and the other residents at all times of the day. The staff are amazingly wonderful. Every resident is treated as if the staff are caring for their own loved one. They know how to make the resident's happy and always have a kind word to bring a smile to their faces. Isn't this what we want for our moms and dads? Villagio is clean, the food is good, and the activities are planned for engagement. Very sadly, my mother passed this week. Villagio staff have reached out to offer sincere condolences. I feel like they have been my extended family. The staff work hard and what's great is that they get along well and support one another. This positive work spirit comes from the quality staff they hire, but is also nurtured by the exemplary management. I feel eternally grateful that my mom was so well cared for. Thank you, Villagio

March 27, 2015

By DanLyons

I moved my wife into Villagio last week. She is adjusting well and went on the bus yesterday to the Bowers Museum. The staff is pleasant and I'm happy with my choice after looking at a few places.

March 27, 2015

By Amy40

He is at Villagio at Capriana. My dad is still very physically able, and many of the facilities have very limited space and limited physical activities for memory care, which was my biggest concern for him. This particular one is close in proximity to me and is halfway between me and my brother's home, and it also offers a lot more in terms of space and care. He goes on a walk, typically, twice a day, he is out in the gardening area and a bunch of clubs and different things, and the level of care is based on their memory needs. So he has outings twice a week on the minimum. He still loves to garden, and they go out once a week to do that. I think it is a good place because his physical needs are such that he needs more; he needs to be able to do that. They also have access to the Capriana and to what the Capriana has to offer, so there are things like the swimming pool so he can go over there with assistance, of course, because it is a locked down facility and everything else, but he could be able to use it or have them take him there and things like that, so it is a very nice blend. It is a newer unit, and that was a concern I had because they've only been open for a little over a year, but they have really good specialists that are coming in and doing workshops on memory care for family members. I have been very pleased with it, and it took me a long time to find a very good place. He has been very pleased, and they do a lot of activities to continue to stimulate the cognitive functioning. The things that I didn't even think that he would enjoy, he loves. We had him do a trial there first; he went over for a week, and he wanted to stay. He was happy. I think the activities and socialization are good.

March 25, 2015

By hawaiian punch

Other

Great community with friendly caring staff. The food is good and there are plenty of activities for the residents.

February 27, 2015

By bluebill

Beautiful community and good care!!!! Building seems well built and staff is extremely friendly!!! As with any new community, there has been some growing pains, but we are all very happy with the community.

January 26, 2015

By Sera

Well, hum, we have had our loved one in Villagio for several months now. The things we were told are a tad different from what we experiencing. We have had to stay on top of a few things. The ratio has changed, or never really was what we were told. Although our loved one does like the food and eats real good. The grounds are nice and clean and we are able to visit our loved one whenever we want. They will give you a nice tour.

April 30, 2014

By Eldestdaughter

We chose this 'new home for Dad' after looking at almost 25 others in the Riverside and Orange County areas. It's very expensive compared to other facilities! but hopefully wonderful! My father moves in this weekend so I don't have first hand knowledge as of yet, but everyone seems very nice and caring. They have told us the ratio is 1 caretaker to 3 residents...better than most if the ratio is true. The facility is clean (however, it's brand new as well....so it should be clean!). The activity/dining room as very large and open to the outside secure garden area...a nice touch. The building next door is Capriana (also expensive compared to other facilities) for assisted and independent living....a five star hotel if ever there was one! The grounds are lovely, the rooms are nice, the food is good.

Photos of Villagio at Capriana

• Low Fat
  • Low Salt

• Staff Patient Ratio: 6:1

About Villagio at Capriana

Conveniently located on Capriana’s lovely campus just a few steps away from the main building, is Villagio, which offers a continuum of services from Assisted Living through Memory Care. Providing the same fine service and surroundings that our main building offers, but in a more intimate setting, residents receive the individualized and comprehensive support that promotes continuing independence. Oakmont Senior Living, the developer and builder of the entire Capriana campus and a recognized leader in the retirement industry, has planned and built more than 30 similar retirement communities in the Western United States. Our company is dedicated to hearing, understanding, and responding to the needs of aging seniors. We are so pleased to serve the North Orange County community.

We are part of a brand new CCRC w/ a month to month stand alone memory care called Villagio at Capriana. We have 2 floors/programs. "Connections" (1st floor) for people with MCI/early onset Alzheimer's & Dementia & "Traditions" (2nd floor) for people w/ moderate to later stage Dementia & Alzheimer's. We have many young, high functioning residents & can do both companion or private apartments.

Map of Villagio at Capriana