Silverado Berkeley

2235 Sacramento Street, Berkeley, CA, 94702

Top Nearby Memory Care Facilities

Reviews of Silverado Berkeley

March 31, 2014

We chose Berkshire because of the location; it's very near me. I like that they seem to really be on top of helping people with the transition. They have a director in charge of all the activities. The staff is very knowledgeable, very understanding, warm, and supportive. They know each person who's there, and I feel like my mom is in a safe place, which is important to me. I would say the food portions are good. I think, healthy on a scale of 1 to 5, it might be a 3. I think the staff could be paid more. It's very difficult work.

March 31, 2014

By Marsha15

I moved Mom into Berkeley Assisted Living. It's clean and pleasant and very airy. The room is very nice. The staff are very caring and friendly. Their food is tasty, and they offer different choices.

March 28, 2014

Vintage Senior Living was nice, and it was in my neighborhood, so I like that. The guy in charge at the time happened to mention that there were no walkers allowed in the dining room. And I thought that was downright illegal. I was pretty pissed off.

January 09, 2014

By Katjia

We visited this community recently for lunch with a friend who currently lives at The Berkshire. We felt we were at a carmel bed and breakfast, residents could eat inside or outside on their patios. We were so impressed we put our Mother on their waiting list!

December 27, 2013

The Berkshire was a very nice place, very clean, quiet and very pleasant. The rooms were nice. They do have an activity program. It was a very pleasant experience which was surprising. The surroundings seemed nice, the people seemed comfortable there. That was the impression I got.

November 22, 2013

By Liz18

The apartments at Vintage at Berkshire were too small and too claustrophobic but the place is friendly and well kept. The staff seemed nice and it feels more like a Holiday Inn or something.

October 17, 2013

By June9

My friend is staying at The Berkshire and they have very good food. It seems very nice there. They have very nice staff. They go out of their way to accommodate my friend who is very particular on things. They have a lot of educational lecturing for the residents. However, the rooms are small.

June 13, 2013

By Alexis1

My Uncle was a resident at The Berkshire - The Vintage Senior Living, his room was very clean and very nice and the staff were really accommodating.

September 27, 2012

By esmith1301

Ok facility. Like a lower end Hilton type property. There isn't much for the seniors within walking distance. Food service is about what I have seen at other facilities of this type average at best. Some units have patios which is a nice feature for gardening etc. I noticed a Van that was used to transport residents to shopping etc.

July 18, 2011

By P3rtJuz

This is an above average assisted living facility that gets 4 stars due to its prime location and infrastructure. While I was impressed with the facilities like shuttle bus, landscaping, rooms, prompt service, I was also a little sad to see the declining levels of cleanliness and hygiene. Although I can understand that maintaining hygiene to the expectations of everyone can be a little challenging, I think they can do better. The rooms are well spaced, many have balconies or small patios. Some rooms also have air conditioners. I liked their catering service and heard from a few inmates that the quality of food served was really good. I did not get an opportunity to taste anything here but the kitchen looked great. There were about 10% rooms vacant but most were filled with people living happily. Overall the Berkshire makes a pleasant assisted living for the elderly and those who need their own space yet some warmth.

May 19, 2011

By gfx1

Visited this facility

This is an amazing assisted living facility. The location is perfect on Sacramento street, near the downtown but away from the noise and clutter. Many good shops, restaurants and even the North Berkeley BART are close-by. The facility itself has spacious floor plans, excellent landscaping and all the facilities commonly found in luxurious assisted living service. The facility also has its own chefs and kitchen that provides great meals, 3 times a day. The people living here seemed happy with the management and in general with the facility. There is also a shuttle that helps in getting around. In general, this is a very good senior assisted living facility with reasonable rent.

Photos of Silverado Berkeley

Features of Silverado Berkeley

About Silverado Berkeley

Silverado Berkeley is a dementia and memory care facility in Berkeley, CA that specializes in the housing and care of patients with Alzheimer's disease and other forms of dementia. Contact Silverado Berkeley for more details on memory care services and rates.

Map of Silverado Berkeley