Silverado Belmont Hills

1301 Ralston Ave, Belmont, CA, 94002

Reviews of Silverado Belmont Hills

Caring109528050 July 29, 2015

The grounds were absolutely beautiful in Silverado Belmont Hills, but my mother needed more of a homey atmosphere. I don't have anything bad to say about the facility -- it just wasn't the right fit for her. It's in the country, and there were flowers and trees everywhere. The staff gave me a good tour about a half an hour and showed me the whole facility, the dining rooms, the activities going on, the bedrooms -- the whole thing. They were very welcoming, answered all my questions, and explained everything that I needed to know. The rooms needed to be updated though. They were not as nice. They were more institutionalized type, but everybody that was there was receiving really great care. They were in groups participating in things and walking around the facility. There were a couple of different dining rooms. The thing I liked about that facility is that they will put you in the Alzheimer's care at the level you belong. There were three different levels there. Everybody can mingle together, but the sections are divided up, which is really good for the residents.

We are glad to hear that you had an opportunity to visit our Belmont Hills community and experience the Silverado difference. We appreciate your feedback! As always our associates are fully committed to providing the best care and service to not only our residents but to their family members as well! Thanks again for your review.

caring020410 April 29, 2014

Silverado seemed to be the one that had the most offers for what my husband needed. They have whatever care necessary. They have as little or as much as needed. You can visit anytime from 9am – 9pm, no need to make appointments and no regulations. They have a fixed rate for the month, but then if any unusual things happen, like he needs one-to-one attendance, he needs any particular medication or so forth, that would be an extra addition. It takes about 20 minutes to get there if there's heavy traffic. It looks like a resort hotel from the outside and is located in a wooded area. All the rooms have windows that look out to it. The food is very good. If you happen to be there during meal time, they serve it to you too without extra charge. They have activities and programs every day, anything from aerobic exercises, listening to music, watching movies, dances, arts and crafts, and discussion groups. There's always something to do, but you don't have to do it if you don't feel like doing it.

Caring75605250 April 12, 2014

Silverado seemed the best facility that I could find for my husband. So far, he is receiving excellent care. It has a beautiful location in a park-like setting. All the windows are looking outside, where you see green. It's a very pleasant environment. The rooms are nice and airy. There is a lot of interaction between the staff and patients. The residents are being kept active to the best of their ability. They go for walks and they are free to roam the grounds. They have lots of activities that they can participate in. In general, it's close to a home away from home.

Caring70687750 October 25, 2013

My husband is in Silverado Senior Living. This is our choice because it was the largest facility I could find for him. My husband has dementia and he is a walker. He never stops walking and he walks from 8 in the morning until 9 at night. He actually walks at every inch of that facility daily. He is able to walk indoor or outdoor. In this facility, there is a diversity there that he could stay there until he goes through hospice at the end, so he doesn't have to get out of this facility at any point in time. This is an absolutely beautiful place. They are located on something like 18 acres of land. The outside grounds have redwood trees. They have seating areas and picnic tables. They have gardens. They are all within the complex inside the gate. It is also a totally closed facility. My husband can walk through the whole building, which is a big L-shaped almost a block long. Then on the outside, it is even 10 times larger. It is a total dementia facility. It is expensive. They have as much rooms as 100 beds. They have four buildings that are all connected in-to-in with a dining room in each of the four buildings. A person can choose whatever dining room he/she wants to eat in. With regards to activities, residents can do whatever they want. They can participate in any of them. Their staff has been so very nice. Anytime I'm there and I see something that needs repair; I just tell them, and they would come and fix it immediately. They're excellent. I will recommend this place.

We are happy to hear that you had a positive experience! As you noted, our Belmont Hills community has impressive grounds with over 17 acres and a secure 6.5 acre perimeter and extensive walking paths. We are glad that your husband is utilizing the grounds and walking paths!

Granddaughter1 January 07, 2012

The facility is specifically for people living with memory impairment issues and we had my grandfather there for about 4 months after his late stage Alzheimer's disease became to advanced for us to care for him at home.Silverado was a wonderful facility that had indoor and outdoor environments for it's residents and allowed visitors to come and visit their family members whenever they wanted. Additionally family members could come stay for dinner with my grandfather, were allowed to go on Silverado sponsored outings with my grandfather, and were even able to arrange private dinners at the facility.My only complaint about this facility is that the indoor areas frequently smelled like urine, though they quickly cleaned up after residents when there were accidents there was no way to really remove the smell from the interior buildings.

anonymousinSF June 22, 2011

Other

I have a ton of respect and appreciation for this whole company, which puts a lot of skilled people on its team in dealing with people who have dementia. They make it a top priority for residents to keep living and being part of life"”and there are true teeth to their approach. Loren Shook, Silverado's president and CEO and Steve Winner, its senior vice president, have written a great book titled The Silverado Story: A Memory-Care Culture Where Love Is Greater Than Fear, that explains the philosophy put into practice in the facility. It's all driven by making life good for people with dementia"”in understanding how to navigate and work with them so that the first line of action is not always pharmacology. In this rather novel approach, they look first at a resident's interests. Before placing one particular resident, for example, there were several hours of conversation about what she could do to feel useful and needed. Management came up with the idea of putting this potential resident in charge of the facility's consignment shop"”a "˜enterprise' that would be invented just for her. The staff and administration have been given creative license by their leadership to be creative in providing a safe and engaging place to live. The décor is not remarkable, for example, but when they took over the property, which features a lot of outdoor space, they put a tasteful barrier fence along the perimeter for safety. There's a pergola and lovely garden and grounds that give residents there the license to walk outside safely and have a sense of the campus beyond their own four walls. Management in assisted living facilities can change quickly and frequently. It's always a good idea to check in with the Executive Director, key managers and other care providers to establish a rapport and a comfortable working relationship if you plan to have a loved one living there. Silverado Senior Living is more expensive than many assisted living places, but the philosophy of care there helps create peace of mind that they can effectively work with residents with mild to severe memory impairment.

From Silverado Belmont Hills

The skilled, compassionate memory care professionals at Silverado are dedicated to providing residents with the dignity and care they deserve while they enjoy the community's warm atmosphere. Comfortable surroundings and engagement activities designed with the needs of memory-impaired individuals in mind help ensure the goal of enriching the lives of both residents and their families.

Features of Silverado Belmont Hills