Brookdale Oak Hollow

2016 L Don Dodson Parkway, Bedford, TX, 76021

Reviews of Brookdale Oak Hollow

Caring85493350 November 12, 2014

Brookdale Oak Hollow was awesome and great. We had experiences with Brookdale in the past, and they were OK, but they are adapting Emeritus standards for memory care and their staffing is extraordinary. I had no idea where they found them but I had experience with six facilities in my last seven years, and Emeritus is absolutely the organization in the particular memory care has the best staff and really high caliber people. The sanitation and the appearance were perfect. You are going to get 5 stars all the way around, if you ask me. The activities that they have is they take them on an outing once a week, constantly playing games, word games, card games, or bingo, they do play movies in the afternoon because most people sleep in the afternoon so they do have movies on, the rest of the time it's very hands-on. They have eight to six activities directors.

laurie55 December 12, 2012

My mother in law had to be placed in an Alzheimer's care facility after two falls resulting in a back injury and surgery for broken hip and worsening Alzheimer's made it impossbile for her to remain in her home. She has been in Oak Hollow for several months and we have been very pleased with her care. The facility is very clean and well kept up and the people that work there are really good with her and she likes all her caretakers. They have a doctor that comes to the facility and we are using that doctor since that means the doctor will see her regularly and can change her medications as needed. They have a nice dining room and the meals are usually pretty good. My mother in law likes milk and I have noticed that they always bring her milk instead of ice tea or what ever other beverage is being served with the meal and we appreciate thier noticing her preference for milk and making sure she gets it. They also have a small salon room and one or two days a week they have a hairdresser that comes in to do hair cuts and styles.. that may not seem like a big deal, but for an Alzheimer's patient, it is a small luxury that she truly enjoys and being able to have it done there at the facility is very nice. All in all they have taken very good care of her and we are able to visit her every day for at least a few minutes and bring her to our house on weekends, so we have been very pleased with the facility.

lovingdaughterinlaw1 November 27, 2012

I toured this facility and was pretty impressed. This was the third place I toured and it impressed me the most. The staff was very friendly and I felt they were really concerned about not only my mother in law, but the stress of taking care of her has put on me and the rest of the family. Not only did they question her needs, they questioned her life. What she likes to do, hobbies, careers. If there are any dietary needs, treats she likes special. The staff was very knowledgable about all my questions. They made me feel like I was doing the right thing instead of that I was just trying to dump my mother in law off. At the end of the tour, my mother in law was even more agreeable to moving into such a facility. The courtyard was beautifully kept. The variety of activities they have are amazing. My mother in law has memory issues and with that, the therapy they had was more in line how I want this lady treated. Our tour guide was gracious and very in tune to the emotions we were going through just to make the tour, let alone making this hard and difficult decision.

Gary Moncrief November 15, 2012

When I had to move my folks to Oak Hollow, I felt very fortunate they had an opening for both of them to move right in. They were very helpful in the transition from another Emeritus property to this beautiful and well-maintained facility. This year the folks passed away just seven months apart, I find that besides missing them I also miss seeing the friendly, knowledgeable, and caring staff at Oak Hollow. It has really been like a large and happy family, staff and residents and their talented beautician!The Executive Director, Byron, and every employee always made us feel welcome and cared about. Their answers and recommendations to my questions proved to be good for the folks. I sincerely recommend this facility for any loved one that requires memory care. Gary Moncrief, Hurst TX

spongebobandpatrick August 30, 2012

Overall, I really like this facility. I am pleased to say that my grandmother stayed here for a while. All of the staff was extremely caring and nice towards the elderly couples staying here. Although, I did have one slight complaint. One of the workers (I do not remember her name or what she looked like) sometimes did not seem as friendly as the others. She seemed a little short with my grandmother, and was not smiling or acting like she was happy to be there. This was the only incident that had happened she was probably just having a bad day! My grandmother has had nothing but positive comments about this assisted living home. I will most definitely recommend it to anyone who would need to move in to an assisted living facility! I loved the atmosphere here as well. Always very friendly and homey.

Dan Birgelaitis February 02, 2012

I speak on behalf of my family when I say that we were most impressed with the care and services provided by the Oak Hollow Team. The Executive Director has both the credentials and experience required to coordinate the activities and functions of the caregivers in a way that creates a "family environment" under circumstances that can be very challenging. More importantly, the level of dedication and the true "calling" that virtually all members of their Team exhibit is a real comfort to anyone anxious about placing a loved one into assisted-living. Family involvement is encouraged and feedback is sought to continually improve the level of service and care. I OFFER MY HIGHEST PRAISE AND RECOMMENDATION. Dan Birgelaitis Colleyville, TX

pma3009 January 30, 2012

Oak Hollow is an incredible place for a loved one to call home. The staff at Oak Hollow are extremely caring with the residents. Our Mother lived at Oak Hollow only for 6 months but she was extremely happy there and always called it home. We grew to love everyone there and it truly is a family. From the Executive Director and including every single person that is employed there, there is not one person that was not truly very passionate about their work. We thank Oak Hollow very everything and I don't even know how to put into words how much we have and always will appreciate everything.

Thin Girl January 30, 2012

This facility is what it claims to be. The employees really care about the residents. They treat them with dignity and respect, regardless of their inabilities as they increase in their dementia. The current executive director is genuine and is excellent in his work. He really gets to know each resident and insists that his staff know them and treat them as they would one day want to be treated. The heads of each area are well hired and seem to be excellent with their work as well. Treating each one who is caring for your loved one with dignity and respect as well is always helpful to your resident as well as an encouragement to the employees. The experience your resident will have can be influenced by your attitude toward your resident as well as toward the caregiver employees. Be flexible and polite and caring to them. Even though they are being paid to care for the residents, they should be highly valued by you. If you have a loved one there, more than likely it is because you are unable to care for them yourself. The one who is there in your stead should be shown appreciation and esteem. Get to know their names, interests, etc. Learn to ask polite and respectful questions, not giving commands and demands. Find out how you can help them help your loved one.

Linda Kauitzsch January 30, 2012

My mother-in-law has been in Oak Hollow for 5 months. We have been pleased with the surroundings, food and care she receives. Oak Hollow are working through some administrative changes and improvements, but the Director has stayed in contact us well, especially as my mother-in-law was adjusting to some new medication. It is extremely helpful to have access to both a family doctor and psychiatrist who makes house calls to Oak Hollow. All of the staff are friendly, very helpful and again, take great care of my mother-in-law. We are happy she is at Oak Hollow.

From Brookdale Oak Hollow

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Features of Brookdale Oak Hollow