Brookdale Oak Hollow

Overview of Ratings

4.4

November 15, 2012

By Gary Moncrief

When I had to move my folks to Oak Hollow, I felt very fortunate they had an opening for both of them to move right in. They were very helpful in the transition from another Emeritus property to this beautiful and well-maintained facility. This year the folks passed away just seven months apart, I find that besides missing them I also miss seeing the friendly, knowledgeable, and caring staff at Oak Hollow. It has really been like a large and happy family, staff and residents and their talented beautician!The Executive Director, Byron, and every employee always made us feel welcome and cared about. Their answers and recommendations to my questions proved to be good for the folks. I sincerely recommend this facility for any loved one that requires memory care. Gary Moncrief, Hurst TX

August 30, 2012

By spongebobandpatrick

Overall, I really like this facility. I am pleased to say that my grandmother stayed here for a while. All of the staff was extremely caring and nice towards the elderly couples staying here. Although, I did have one slight complaint. One of the workers (I do not remember her name or what she looked like) sometimes did not seem as friendly as the others. She seemed a little short with my grandmother, and was not smiling or acting like she was happy to be there. This was the only incident that had happened she was probably just having a bad day! My grandmother has had nothing but positive comments about this assisted living home. I will most definitely recommend it to anyone who would need to move in to an assisted living facility! I loved the atmosphere here as well. Always very friendly and homey.

February 02, 2012

By Dan Birgelaitis

I speak on behalf of my family when I say that we were most impressed with the care and services provided by the Oak Hollow Team. The Executive Director has both the credentials and experience required to coordinate the activities and functions of the caregivers in a way that creates a "family environment" under circumstances that can be very challenging. More importantly, the level of dedication and the true "calling" that virtually all members of their Team exhibit is a real comfort to anyone anxious about placing a loved one into assisted-living. Family involvement is encouraged and feedback is sought to continually improve the level of service and care. I OFFER MY HIGHEST PRAISE AND RECOMMENDATION. Dan Birgelaitis Colleyville, TX

By pma3009

Oak Hollow is an incredible place for a loved one to call home. The staff at Oak Hollow are extremely caring with the residents. Our Mother lived at Oak Hollow only for 6 months but she was extremely happy there and always called it home. We grew to love everyone there and it truly is a family. From the Executive Director and including every single person that is employed there, there is not one person that was not truly very passionate about their work. We thank Oak Hollow very everything and I don't even know how to put into words how much we have and always will appreciate everything.

By Thin Girl

This facility is what it claims to be. The employees really care about the residents. They treat them with dignity and respect, regardless of their inabilities as they increase in their dementia. The current executive director is genuine and is excellent in his work. He really gets to know each resident and insists that his staff know them and treat them as they would one day want to be treated. The heads of each area are well hired and seem to be excellent with their work as well. Treating each one who is caring for your loved one with dignity and respect as well is always helpful to your resident as well as an encouragement to the employees. The experience your resident will have can be influenced by your attitude toward your resident as well as toward the caregiver employees. Be flexible and polite and caring to them. Even though they are being paid to care for the residents, they should be highly valued by you. If you have a loved one there, more than likely it is because you are unable to care for them yourself. The one who is there in your stead should be shown appreciation and esteem. Get to know their names, interests, etc. Learn to ask polite and respectful questions, not giving commands and demands. Find out how you can help them help your loved one.

By Linda Kauitzsch

My mother-in-law has been in Oak Hollow for 5 months. We have been pleased with the surroundings, food and care she receives. Oak Hollow are working through some administrative changes and improvements, but the Director has stayed in contact us well, especially as my mother-in-law was adjusting to some new medication. It is extremely helpful to have access to both a family doctor and psychiatrist who makes house calls to Oak Hollow. All of the staff are friendly, very helpful and again, take great care of my mother-in-law. We are happy she is at Oak Hollow.

Photos of Brookdale Oak Hollow

Features of Brookdale Oak Hollow

About Brookdale Oak Hollow

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Map of Brookdale Oak Hollow