The Arbors of Bedford

70 Hawthorne Drive, Bedford, NH, 03110

Top nearby Memory Care Facilities

Reviews of The Arbors of Bedford

sugar1161 November 20, 2011

My grandfather was a resident of The Arbors for a year and a half before recently passing away after a brief illness. If you are considering placing a family member in the care of The Arbors, I would encourage you to think long and hard about that decision. When my grandfather first moved into this facility, he thrived and the care he received was wonderful. About 6 months ago, the facility had some major turnovers with the staffing and the care went down hill. It was at this time that he started getting sick and had reoccurring problems with his health. Our family was not notified of his health issues and on more than one occasion, he had to be transported to the hospital due to infections and severe dehydration. We believe that he was allowed to deteriorate far to much before the decision was made to have him admitted to the hospital. Both times that he was admitted to the hospital he was in kidney failure due to the dehydration. The new Director of Nursing is rude and abrasive. She does not know how to work with dementia patients or their families. Once your family member passes, the tone changes dramatically from compassionate to cold. They want nothing more to fill the room with a new resident. It seems like money is the primary objective now.

We are very sorry that you had a less-than-satisfactory experience under the previous owners at The Arbors. As the new owners, LCB Senior Living is committed to making this the finest memory care community in the region.

MissingHer1 September 29, 2011

I had to bring my grandmother here due to her becoming very ill and extremely weak very quickly. I was unable to handle her needs at the time and searched for a place that would really take care of her. The home was clean and the staff seemed like they cared about their residents. The one thing that I really appreciated was how they made each residents room/home, as much like their real home as they could. They really tried to make my grandmother as comfortable as possible. They offered a decent amount of activities and helped my grandmother get on the internet as well. I think the pricing was fair considering I could not provide the help my grandmother needed. Food left something to be desired however. I really would recommend Arbors of Bedford for those looking for a place to bring their loved one in NH. They also really encourage visitors and family gathering at the facility. You never feel that far away!

Cherine81 August 05, 2011

I had an uncle who was in this facility about 3 years ago. I visited him several times and it seemed each time there was more of a problem than the last. One of my major concerns was the frequency with which the staff interacted with him. My uncle was partially immobile and he was always upset that he seemed to be "stuck" in his room. There was one occasion when I went to see him and he wasn't in his room. The staff did not know where he was. It took us almost 4 hours to locate him, even though he was just in the recreational hall. Another aspect of his care that bothered us was their inability to assist with filling out paperwork, such as social security & insurance documents. There was a nice social worker, but as is with most assisted living and nursing homes, there is just not enough time for one person to be able to give enough attention to their clients. My uncle's children do not live nearby, so it was left to the rest of the family to try to assist him and it was just a difficult place for us. While I admit there were many other places that were much worse, we would not put another family member here because of the difficulties we encountered. If you are forced to place a relative here, just make sure you are able to stay on top of the staff in regards to your individual needs.

From The Arbors of Bedford

The Arbors of Bedford is the area's premier residence for people at every stage of Alzheimer's disease and other memory impairments, serving New Hampshire and northern Massachusetts. We are nestled in the pines along the Merrimack River, in the heart of an American Bald Eagle sanctuary. This quiet, natural setting is a wonderful therapeutic benefit to our residents, creating a perfect backdrop for a healthy and happy lifestyle.

Features of The Arbors of Bedford