North Ridge Alzheimer's Special Care Center

8101 Palomas Avenue NE, Albuquerque, NM, 87109

Reviews of North Ridge Alzheimer's Special Care Center

December 17, 2015

By Marjorie20

I thought North Ridge was fine but too institutional. The rooms and the apartments were fine. Some of the residents looked bored, but others were having activities and doing things.

August 04, 2015

By moore52

My dad passed away in June after being in North Ridge almost two years. He was treated with respect and dignity, which I saw every time I was there. He was always clean, his room clean and the cafeteria staff would cater to him. I can't begin to tell you how much it meant to my family to have a line of workers outside his room when he passed just wanting to tell him goodbye and how many of them cried with us. Thank you North Ridge for the care you gave my dad!

June 01, 2015

I visited North Ridge Alzheimer's Special Care Center, and it is a beautiful facility, but I found that it is expensive. It's a lovely facility, and the staff was just marvelous. They offered me very helpful information about the Alzheimer's association here in Albuquerque. It’s a wonderful place if you can afford it. I saw the residents watching TV, and I also saw them gathered in groups. I have no complaints about anything in that place.

February 26, 2015

We have my mother in North Ridge Alzheimer’s facility, and we are very impressed with it. The people are very caring and friendly, and it did not remind me of a nursing home. The staff is very professional, kind, and caring.

February 21, 2015

By Patterson044

It's all about the people and the people at Northridge make it a special place. The community Administrator is an expert in the knowledge of Alzheimer's Disease and has assembled a team of caring professionals. As a family, we could not be more pleased with Northridge.

Thank you so much for your kind words! We are honored to care for your loved one.

February 20, 2015

By concerned for you

MY friend is a resident at North ridge.They are very understaffed and have a very high turn over of caretakers. The new administrator is very condesending and is as fake as they come when you address issues and concernens. Many other resident families have expressed the same concerns. Be very aware that there are many issues and even has a state umbudsman has been assigneded to unannounced visits.

September 30, 2014

Northridge was pretty, done well, and decorated well. It used to be a good facility, but they changed management and went downhill. They didnt have enough staff to take care of the residents. They’re pretty good in sanitation. The rooms are pretty good, but sometimes it just smells.

Photos of North Ridge Alzheimer's Special Care Center

• Staff Patient Ratio: 1 To 7
  • Pets: No Pets Allowed

• Licenses: Administrator's Licence

About North Ridge Alzheimer's Special Care Center

Often the mental demands of those struggling with Alzheimer's disease can take over the emotional needs. But at JEA Senior Living, we keep the emotional needs and feelings of your loved one at the very center of what we do.

Our exclusive Meaningful Moments® program is specifically designed to help meet the needs of those Residents with memory loss. We begin by discovering the life story of each individual's likes, dislikes and cherished memories. By adding details and preferences from each Resident's life story into their day, we can build comfort and a sense of meaning for each individual Resident. The result is a familiar atmosphere for your loved one.

Our Residents have access to a whole host of amenities and programming options to help keep them active and engaged in daily life.

There are excursions to restaurants and shopping, arts and crafts classes, movie nights and many chances for family and holiday celebrations. Our Meaningful Moments® program, paired with our active and engaged staff members at JEA Senior Living, brings together the very best Alzheimer's care.

Beautifully appointed community located in northeast heights with compassionate staff specially trained to support dementia residents. Have beautiful sunny outdoor areas with views of blue desert skies. Offers both semi-private and private fully furnished apartments.

Map of North Ridge Alzheimer's Special Care Center