Colonial Harbor

2405 Fort Eustis Blvd, Yorktown, VA, 23692

Reviews of Colonial Harbor

Linda104821050 April 27, 2015

We chose Colonial Harbor for my friend because the rooms were a lot bigger. They were a lot friendlier, and the food was excellent.

Patricia96182350 December 30, 2014

I'm living at Colonial Harbor. The atmosphere is very pleasant. They give us three meals a day and snack. We have lots of planned activities and usually at least two outings a month. We have lots and lots of activities here. We have a bus that is really old and it doesn't have a lift for wheelchairs or for people who can't climb. They need a new one. It is a nice pleasant atmosphere. Most people are really sweet. However, they need to improve on communication. We have activities scheduled up for the month, but a lot of times these activities change and if you're not at lunch at the particular day they announce the change, there is no way for you to know about it.

Nelson5 October 03, 2014

My aunt’s been in Colonial Harbor since July 2014. The staff is pleasant and as nice as possible. I know that they bring in musical artists from outside. They have bingo activities and games. They have non-denominational -- maybe even denominational -- religious services that they do there for those who want to participate. They have a shuttle system that will take the seniors out if they have medical things to do or go shopping. So there are things to do out there for sure. The area is good. It’s a beautiful place. One of the good things about Colonial Harbor is that it’s very well lit so the atmosphere was very inviting. If you have seen their website, I think it’s pretty accurate in terms of the pictures that you see. I think the housekeeping and all that comes along with the apartment that she chose; also she has an independent company that do a good job in keeping her place nice and neat. I enjoy every time I’ve been over there to visit. We have nothing but good things to say about the place. We've visited a number of places, but this turned out to be the right one.

rickymartin September 10, 2014

This place is awesome. 3 meals a day and good food too. My Mom lives here (Mrs. Martin) and she is treated with respect and kindness. The interior design is a happy color and makes the people happy to be in the area. My Mom loves it here and says this is here home. If I were to live in a senior place, this would be it. Thanks to God management still cares about older people and loves the tenants here. God blessings are here too.

Monique4 August 29, 2014

At Colonial Harbor, they don’t have a kitchen so all your meals have to be taken downstairs in their dining room. All you have in your room is a tiny little sink and a tiny fridge, and that turned me off completely. They don’t have many amenities; there is no swimming pool, but I am sure they've got certain activities. As soon as we saw the apartment, we got a bad feeling because when we walked over there, they had booked us for the night and the apartment that we were supposed to have was not available, so they put us in an efficiency with a fold-out bed. That was the most uncomfortable thing that I've slept in, in my whole life. The staff that accommodated us was OK, but nothing exciting. There were some questions that she didn’t know the answers to, although she hadn’t been there very long.

Caring71905350 October 17, 2013

Colonial Harbor was wide. They had staff available 24/7 so if any of the cords were pulled, they could help somebody. Even though they were not trained medically, they would stay with the person until the medical service came. They served meals. They had activities. They also brought their residents to grocery stores. The also had elevators, so people with walkers and wheelers could go around the facility even though they couldn't move that much. They were also allowed to bring their own nurses, if needed.

Kim25 July 29, 2013

When my mom started out with Colonial Harbor, they told her that she will go to a nursing home, but she improved so much so they said she could go to independent living and that's why she chose it and she is quite happy and comfortable with them. She ended up saving hundreds of dollars amount over an assisted care and she can save that money so that when she needs help she can pay for them. Her room is nice, it looks out in the woods. It's in a convenient location. They have live-in staff that if someone didn't show up for the meal, they will come looking for them. They have the ability to bring in outside care. They also have somebody to clean for them and they got three meals a day. They have a full schedule of activities. They have exercise classes, they have a small gym, the have field trips and they have a bus who takes them to their appointment and shopping. It is a perfect place for her and I know she's being watched. I definitely recommend this community to others.

yorkie1 October 30, 2012

I visited the facility in Yorktown, Virginia to visit a relative. It was a new, clean complex located right in the heart of everything. There is shopping, restaurants, and many cultural attractions located nearby. The staff seemed very friendly and accommodating to the residents. I was treated very professionally as a visitor to the facility. After hearing horror stories about other such facilities I was apprehensive about visiting but my fears were soon allayed and I would strongly recommend this facility to others who are looking for a assisted living facility for themselves or their relative. A major feature I liked was the garden courtyard area which was well maintained and landscaped. It was a peaceful place, perfect for enjoying a nice day with a book. The library and billiards room were also pleasant surprises in how nice they were. I feel like my family made the right choice in choosing this facility for our relative.

From Colonial Harbor

Colonial Harbor is located in Yorktown, VA, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to Colonial Harbor for a visit...and stay!

Features of Colonial Harbor

• Hiking trails

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Dining extra: Private dining room