Reviews of Senior Commons at Powder Mill | Independent Living
Overview of Ratings
No Reviews Yet!
"When I found Caring.com and talked with an advisor, my stress just melted. I knew they would find a home for Mom."
- Robin Fritz
Trusted by Families
Founded in 2007, we’ve helped over 500,000 families find the perfect home for their loved one.
We partner with local care providers to keep our service completely free for you.
Our Family Advisors have the latest pricing details for thousands of communities nationwide.
We are here for you – whether you're just starting your search or need to find care fast.
Our knowledgeable Family Advisors will work within your budget and help you find financial assistance.
We’ll help you find providers who can provide the level of care that your loved one needs.
About Senior Commons at Powder Mill
Carefree. Secure. Luxurious. Welcome to Independent Living at Senior Commons at Powder Mill. Here, you'll discover everything you desire for a comfortable, enjoyable retirement.
Choose from our one and two-bedroom apartments that feature spacious floor plans, easily accommodating your furnishings. Each apartment has its own washer and dryer and generous closet and storage space. The monthly rent includes an impressive package of services including two meals per day, weekly housekeeping, events and activities, transportation to doctors' appointments and group outings and more!
All one and two bedroom apartments come with the following amenities:
- Daily continental, self-serve breakfast
- One meal served daily in dining room
- Weekly housekeeping services
- Regularly scheduled activities, outings and programs
- Courtesy transportation to doctors' appointments, grocery and shopping
- All utilities (except phone)
- Cable TV (except premium channels)
- Washer and dryer inside apartment
- Generous closets and storage space
- Beauty salon and barbershop
- Library and game room
- Senior Commons at Powder Mill Wellness Center"”by appointment
- Call system for assistance and security
What Makes Us Special
Senior Commons at Powder Mill has a warm feeling of "home" when you enter the community. We serve a hot breakfast in your room daily and have smaller, more intimate size neighborhood dining rooms for socializing during your lunch and dinner meals. Residents have the opportunity to age in place as we provide independent living, personal care services as well as two levels of memory care services.
Photos of Senior Commons at Powder Mill
Features of Senior Commons at Powder Mill
- Minimum Rate: $3380/month
- Rent Plus Care Fees
- Entry Fee
- Fee Structure Extra: We Offer A Month To Month Rental
Room and housing options
- 1-bedroom apartments
- 2-bedroom apartments
- Companion Suites: We Offer Companion Suites
- Housing Extra: Standard Private Rooms, Large Private Rooms, Standard Suites, Large Suites
- In Room Kitchenette
- In Room Kitchens
- Dining Room Shared Meals
- Room Service For Meals
- Beauty Barber Shop
- Computer Room
- Resident Transportation
- Party Space
- Tv Room
- Garden And Patio
- Resident Parking
- Features Extra: Library, Fitness Room/Gym, W/D In Apt.
- Laundry For Linens
- Private Cleaning Services
- Laundry For Clothing
Technology and entertainment
- Cable In Rooms
- Technology Extra: Emergency Call System
- Hospice Care
- Medication Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nurse On Staff: Yes
- Offsite Activities
- Religious Services
- Lectures Discussions
- Book Clubs
- Wii Sports
- Fitness Room
- Arts And Crafts
- Activities Extra: Computer Class
- Va Benefits Consultation
- Financing Advice
- Guest Parking
- Staff Patient Ratio: 25 To 1 Personal Care; 5 To 1 Memory Care
- Respite Care
- Minimum Age: 55
- Pets: No Pets Allowed
Range of services
- Physical Therapy
- Licenses: Dept. of Public Welfare Personal Care License