The Woods at Holly Tree

4610 Holly Tree Rd, Wilmington, NC, 28409

Reviews of The Woods at Holly Tree

Janet115756950 November 29, 2015

The Woods at Holly Tree was very nice; it just wasn’t what we were looking for because it was just a little too limited. The two-bedroom apartments were very small and did not have full kitchens, only a sink and a little refrigerator. It just wasn’t what my parents were looking for at the time. I understand there’s probably a lot of people that stay there don’t need anything more than that, but you have to furnish your own microwave if you stay there. The people were wonderful, very accommodating, very nice, very helpful, and tried very hard to answer our questions.

wagons2 July 14, 2015

Mom has a one bedroom apartment which is a bedroom, living area and kitchenette, approximately 450 sq ft. In this area such an apartment with utilities could be rented for about $650-750 mo. In 3 yrs the rates have increased from 3200 up to 3700/mo. The food is good but not great, and activities are limited to some game nights, wii bowling, or an occasional guest entertainment such as volunteer singing groups, and I don't feel like the cost is justified. I am also very concerned that a large portion of the residents are mobility impaired, using walkers and canes, and there is only one elevator serving over a hundred apartments, raising serious safety concerns if an evacuation is necessary. On the plus side, the managers are helpful and caring, and the facility is well kept. We are looking for another facility in the area, but the fees are suspiciously similar, and there doesn't seem to be much competition. I would like for her to live with me, but she doesn't want to leave her friends. So in spite of the fact that she has spent over $100,000 plus phone/internet fees in the 3 years she has been there, I guess we're stuck.

Hi, I'm Katie, I work at Holiday Retirement's Home Office. I'm sorry to hear that you don't feel as if your mom is receiving a valuable senior living experience at The Woods at Hollytree. We understand that the face of senior living is changing and we need to adapt to those changes, so I sent your feedback on to our Resident Relations department for their review. I also sent your review to our safety director here at Home Office. We take safety very seriously here at Holiday and don't ever want you to have to worry about your mom's safety being compromised. If you have any specific suggestions on how we can offer better services to your mom (i.e. activities you'd like to see her involved in) you can call them as well at 1-800-370-8331. Thanks for your honest feedback and we hope to hear from you soon, Katie

Randi1 April 30, 2014

The Woods was cheery, very clean, with a lot of activities going on. It was a larger facility, and it was nice. Not only their administration people, but their nursing people and physical therapy people were wonderful and willing to work with my mom's needs and help her. I had lunch there, and they were wonderful.

John74155750 November 26, 2013

The Woods at Holly Tree was nice. They showed us two apartments. The one looked okay and the other one my wife didn't like at all because there was no stove in there. The food was okay. It was kind of homey. The people were friendly and the staff was nice.

Jo Ann1 October 09, 2013

The Woods had apartments with kitchenette, a living room, a bedroom and bathroom. The staff was accommodating. They had lots of activities available for their residents.

Caring3870 September 11, 2013

The Woods at Holly Tree was a very nice place. It was clean and had a lot of activities for the residents.

Garrie May 16, 2013

The Woods of Holly Tree was absolutely beautiful. Everything was just perfect. The people were very welcoming, we liked the services that they're going to provide. The residents themselves always had a smile on their faces. The rooms were clean and spacious. It meets mom's needs at the time. Mom actually signed the contract, but then changed her mind and decided to stay home.

rcr July 26, 2011

Nice facility, poor management. Housekeepers are expected to clean the rooms and serve all the meals (the room cleanliness suffers). Food is good and the common areas are dated but somewhat maintained. Would not have been my first choice but it was located near me.

From The Woods at Holly Tree

The Woods at Holly Tree is located in Wilmington, NC, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to The Woods at Holly Tree for a visit...and stay!

Features of The Woods at Holly Tree

• Hiking trails

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Dining extra: Private dining room