Lake Shore Commons

1402 Hospital Plaza Dr, Wilmington, NC, 28401

Reviews of Lake Shore Commons

May 11, 2016

By Alex B.XXWVI

Our visit at Lake Shore Commons was excellent. The facility was very nice. We liked that they offered different types of rooms and seemed very willing to accomodate adding services as needed as the residents aged. They had places to do jigsaw puzzles and some exercise equipment in an actual exercise room. The staff was very helpful and seemed very knowledgeable. What stood out was the fact that it was near a lake that had a walking trail around the lake. I thought my father-in-law would really like that and the idea that you could age-in-place.

September 07, 2015

By Gayle18

I visited Lakeshore Commons. The people were wonderful. Every person I met there was wonderful. They were trying to work with me very hard to get me in to one of their studio apartments. The rooms were nice. The studio was what I saw, and it was spacious enough to have a living room with a pull out bed. It had a little kitchenette with everything you needed. There was a laundry facility. There was a fine dining, and it was just awesome. There was a grand piano in the dining room. I played the piano, so that really intrigues me. I loved it. I would recommend it to somebody who had the money.

June 16, 2015

My cousin is in Lake Shore Commons. The staff is very helpful in the transition. When my cousin arrived there and his furniture was not there yet, they put him in the guest room, which is a very nice, beautiful place. They have a basket in there for him with different things, and I think that is nice. When he moved to his original room, they also had another kind of basket there with some goodies in it, which I think it is nice, and the people there seems nice. They can give pills, showers, and all of that. I think that they are very helpful, it is a very pretty place, and they seem to have a lot of activities not that my cousin partakes in a lot of them. I am pleased, and he seems happy there.

January 23, 2015

By Helen101455550

I went to Lake Shore Commons in Wilmington. I looked online, and then I set up a tour. I went down there and looked, and I liked it. As for the rooms, you get a choice of all different sizes and all different places. The staff was absolutely wonderful. I was able to try the food, and it was good. The whole month of January was slamming with something to do. They have a chapel and exercise room. They have bingo and a pool table. They even have planned activities for going out to different places in the area. I really liked how peaceful it felt.

April 30, 2014

By Randi1

The second place that I really liked for my mom is Lake Shore Commons. It was a beautiful community and very clean. It was pleasant-looking, pleasant-smelling. The staff seemed very helpful and informative. The apartments were beautiful, and it was right down the block from a hospital, which was very good. It was a very nice facility as well, and they had physical therapy there that you were able to do. It is a place that I would have been very happy with if my mother decided to move there.

March 27, 2014

I went to Lake Shore Commons for a visit, and it was a nice facility. They have good options for the residents. I just like the place because it's very clean.

November 27, 2013

By Becky14

We liked Lake Shore Commons and in fact we are going back again to see the facility. The environment is cheerful and uplifting. This place is very friendly. When you move in, they select a buddy to hang around with you until you meet more people and so we thought this facility would be good for her. Their rooms were of nice size for what they offer. They have a lot of things going on there. They have a lot music programs. They have a piano in the dining area. They also take the residents out to shopping, but I just think they are too expensive.

October 09, 2013

By Jo Ann1

I was impressed with Lake Shore Commons because their set up suited the individual needs of the residents. They had a cottage, which was like and apartment and I thought that was nice. They also had individual rooms. The units had their own refrigerator. They lots of activities for the residents.

July 27, 2011

By coolphyl

THIS FACILITY IS UPSCALE IN CLEANLINESS, CARE & KITCHEN HELP. I VISITED THIS FACILITY AS I HAVE AN ACQUAINTANCE MANY TIMES AS I AM A VOLUNTEER WITH THE SENIOR CENTER & RECEIVE MANY ANNOUNCEMENTS FOR THEIR WONDERFUL ENTERTAINMENT FOR THEIR RESIDENTS, AS IS THEIR FOOD PREPARATION BY THEIR MARVELOUS KITCHEN HELP. HOORAY FOR LAKE SHORE COMMONS! PHYLLIS BUCHMAN

Photos of Lake Shore Commons

Features of Lake Shore Commons

• Housing Extra: Cottages

• Dining Extra: Private Dining Room

• Hiking Trails

About Lake Shore Commons

Lake Shore Commons is located in Wilmington, NC, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to Lake Shore Commons for a visit...and stay!

Map of Lake Shore Commons