Commonwealth Senior Living at Williamsburg

Top Nearby Independent Living Communities

Reviews of Commonwealth Senior Living at Williamsburg

October 07, 2014

By Grayson W.

I moved to Heritage Commons in early April 2014. I love the facilities here, especially the people! I’m starting a program with Ann and Jody of the Heritage Commons staff to help members of the community share their memories. Our generation has gone from horses to rockets to men on the moon. We’ve seen so much and should share our personal histories. This program has been supported by the staff and led by residents. It has helped to build comradery and allowed us to learn about each other’s interesting stories. We meet once a month and are working to compile a book with our memories. These types of programs help make Heritage Commons special.

September 09, 2014

By Doris Watson

I like my apartment a lot, especially my kitchen. I’m happy that I have the option to prepare food in my apartment because I enjoy cooking in my apartment. I also appreciate the scheduled bus service, which takes me shopping. Heritage Commons is close to my son and his family, which is very nice.

August 27, 2014

By Miss B.

I moved to Heritage Commons a year ago. I took a tour on a Sunday and left a deposit that day because I loved the apartment and the community, especially the Fitness Center. I’ve really loved my time at Heritage Commons. I have a car, but sometimes take the bus that is provided, which helps me get around. I like all of the activities and there are so many of them! The food is fabulous and there are tons of options. You certainly don’t want for food at Heritage Commons. A nice perk is that room service is available if you want your meal brought to your room. The staff is excellent and will help in any way they can. Everyone laughs and talks with each other, including staff and residents, which is so nice. The staff makes everything so convenient. For example, they take folks to their doctors; appointments on Tuesdays and Thursdays; all you have to do is sign up. Heritage Commons is a very nice and pleasant community!

May 27, 2014

By Geri E.

I’ve been here at Heritage Commons since the beginning of this year and I couldn’t be more pleased! The staff, at every level, is gracious and helpful. The residents are friendly and welcoming from the very beginning. It is way beyond my expectations! Many activities, including bus trips to shopping and medical visits. BTW: Meals are great, as well!

March 14, 2014

By Gail O.

We all know that growing old is not the beautiful sunset of life that we wish it to be. I, personally, knew that I needed to move my mom closer to me than the 300 miles that separated us during her later years. I was becoming exasperated in my search for the perfect living conditions for Mom as she didn’t really have full assisted-living needs at this time. At long last, I was thrilled when I initially found Heritage Commons and their warm helpful personnel to aid us in our change. Mom moved in with ease and, within no time, was meeting new people. She had been in a much larger retirement complex which didn’t really enable close personal relations. The size of Heritage Commons is perfect and has that warm encircling feeling that a lot of aging men and women find difficult to find. This feeling also encourages them to take advantage of the many activities and excursions that Heritage offers. And as Mom is finding new friends at Heritage, she has also found a new younger friend in her own daughter!

February 18, 2014

By Merritt C.

Last year it became evident that both of my parents (now in their early 90’s) were not able to continue doing many of the chores and other activities they were accustomed to over the past 25 years of my father’s retirement. Yet they still desired a level of independent living, but with some of the activities planned for them and some of their daily chores managed by someone else. After visiting all of the adult independent living facilities in our area we chose Heritage Commons. Besides offering meals, housekeeping services, in-house activities, as well as transportation services for medical, shopping, banks, etc., they also had three other important qualities we were seeking: central location, everything under one roof, and at a price that was both reasonable and did not include any buy-in fees or long-term leases. Both of my parents are very happy in their new living arrangements and enjoy their regular walks in the well-lighted and pleasant hallways, particularly on cold or rainy days, when going outside is not an option. We’ve found the staff to be attentive, friendly, and also very accommodating.

Photos of Commonwealth Senior Living at Williamsburg

Features of Commonwealth Senior Living at Williamsburg

About Commonwealth Senior Living at Williamsburg

Commonwealth Senior Living at Williamsburg is an independent living community in Williamsburg, VA designed for seniors, normally 55+, who are able to care for themselves and wish to live independently. Contact Commonwealth Senior Living at Williamsburg for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Map of Commonwealth Senior Living at Williamsburg