Grasslands Estates

10665 W 13th St N, Wichita, KS, 67212

Reviews of Grasslands Estates

Jean705335 September 30, 2016

I really liked Grasslands Estates, but I thought the cheaper rooms were a little small. It's a really nice facility, and the people seemed really nice. The staff are very nice people, and they were great and gave me a tour. The dining room was beautiful. They had a few activities going on while I was there. It's very nice and well-priced.

Roger457753 August 12, 2016

The studio apartment at Grasslands Estates was too small for us. They were playing bingo when we were there. The food and dessert were good. The staff was very nice and knowledgeable. She showed us the amenities, laundry room, library, pool tables, and everything like that.

Connie39 July 21, 2016

We really liked Grasslands Estates. It was really nice and really friendly. For one person, the apartments are fine, but for two people, they're a little small. They accept pets, and their food was great. The director who showed us around was really friendly, and a lot of the residents were friendly. The place is super clean. They have a library, a room where you can knit and do puzzles, a place where you can watch movies, a chapel, an exercise room, and a beauty salon.

Anonymous050767 July 01, 2016

I looked at Grasslands Estates. It was very nice, but I have absolutely no interest because the kitchen didn't have a stove and they didn't have options if I need more care. I'd have to pay for home health to come in which is horribly expensive. The activities were not great, but they were adequate. The activities were average but not enough for me to do. The residents I spoke with were very friendly, and the food was OK.

Hello, and thank you for sharing this feedback! We are so happy to hear you found the community to be very nice and with friendly residents. Though we do regret to hear the level of care you may need falls beyond the reach of what independent living can offer, we do want to thank you for considering us, and for taking the time to share your feedback!

David061161 June 10, 2016

The tour we had at Grasslands Estates was really good. The rooms were very good. Dad is in another facility in Oklahoma owned by the same group, but we will be moving him here in Kansas, so he will be staying in this community. Dad can actually transfer to any of their communities anywhere in the country for free.

Deb345053 May 27, 2016

I moved my parents into Grasslands. The size of the apartment and the food are very good. The dining room is very nice. Everyone is very pleasant.

Anita39 May 11, 2016

We toured Grasslands Estates. It was a very positive experience. The staff was very helpful, nice, and willing to talk and had suggestions for things that might work. The grounds and facility were set up great. I was impressed that the residents had a balcony-style area. It was pretty good in the way it was laid out. I thought it seemed like the kitchen and dining area was a little far away, but everything else was fine. I think the main thing for improvement was the distance between the living quarters down to the main gathering area.

Sue116385350 November 30, 2015

I found Grasslands Estates very nice, well-organized, and clean. The staff was very helpful there as well. The dining room looked very nice.

Anonymous118489450 October 23, 2015

I’ve been in Grasslands Estates for about two and a half months now. The staff is good. I’m in a one-bedroom apartment that's a good size, and they clean it once a week. They cafeteria serves good food.

Anonymous111184250 July 21, 2015

Grasslands Estates had a lot of activities, and they had a very nice cafeteria. I thought the rooms were a little small, but they were very nice. One thing I did not like about it was the rooms did not have a stove.

Caring422 July 15, 2015

I visited Grasslands Estates. I did not think they had a two-bedroom and two-bathroom facility. They take residents shopping and to doctor’s appointments. It was a very nice facility. It was brand new, and it was very clean. It seemed secure.

Caring96768150 July 31, 2014

Grasslands looked adequate but it has been a little while, things were showing their wear and tear and that looked depressing. The lady that showed me around was very helpful and kind. The people there were friendly. It looked like they had some nice programs to keep people interested. You got your total package of meals and they take care of your repairs. They’ve got recreation rooms, a place for movies and Sunday services. They’ve got people who were close to my age and the residents seemed to be enjoying their stay.

Jeff C June 30, 2014

My parents moved in at Grasslands Estates. It’s in a nice area. Their room is about 1100 square feet. They enjoy dancing and visiting with other people. The food is good.

Duke49 September 03, 2013

This facility mis represents many things. Many quality items have decressed the last 3 years. Rent is automatically requested to increase about 6% per year. The Cheif prepared meals is possibly a Baker. The many free quality activities are mostly resident accomplished and bingo is provided 2 times a week at a charge. There is wee bowling which is 3 or 4 people and no staff, exercises that a lot of the time is led by a resident, card and board games which consist of guess just getting to gether them selves to play and occasional a performer will come in for an hour. The fine meals are questionable with usually the larger at lunch and sandwiches or such for dinner. Rent is charged at ful price each month but if for some reason, yours or the facilities you are off property for extended time or deprived of services as advertised there is no reinversement. Think twice about this facility and do not expect to see the nice lady or Gent that shows you the facility at open house. She dissapears after signing the contract.

drgonzo March 23, 2012

My mother lived at Grasslands for six years after moving from her own house. Mom truly felt at home at Grasslands. It was nearly new when she moved in ten years ago, and the property was always maintained well. The spacious dining hall serves three meals daily, with attention to nutrition and flavor. The residents make a social occasion of every meal. There is a variety of apartments sizes, from studios to two-bedroom units, all with kitchettes. Grasslands has live-in managers who mix with the residents routinely, even serving the buffet breakfast on Sunday. Managers tend to rotate to other facilities in the Holday group on approximately a yearly basis, but we found almost all of them to be genuinely cheerful and helpful. Mom had a number of friends at Grasslands, with card games a favorite. The facility had a bus and provided transportation for shopping, doctor's appointments, and frequent fun outings. My mother only left Grasslands because her health failed.

wachinout4u January 17, 2012

Other

Upscale independent living community on the west side of town. Lovely and safe area near shopping, restaurants, medical and transportation. Many ammenities on site and available as needed. Monthly rent includes three chef-prepared meals per day. Grounds are well kept and great for walking and socializing. Good calendar of activities and features of interest like blood pressure check clinics. Free laundry facilities on every level. This is a good choice!

From Grasslands Estates

Grasslands Estates is located in Wichita, KS, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to Grasslands Estates for a visit...and stay!

Features of Grasslands Estates