Independence Village of White Lake | Independent Living

935 Union Lake Road, White Lake, MI, 48386

Reviews of Independence Village of White Lake | Independent Living

Lkt0291 September 26, 2012

This was a great facility, the staff was very nice and made my grandmother feel warm and welcomed. The people who lived at the facility seemed to enjoy their stay there too. When we looked at the rooms they seemed spaces and inviting. The nurses all seemed very knowledgable and they looked like they enjoyed their jobs. I didn't get a chance to speak to any of them, because they were busy. There also seemed to be many activities available to residents

JudySam August 09, 2012

When my mother developed Alzheimer's, I felt the need to find a place my parents could live for as long as possible and to make the move while Mom was still well enough to get acclimated and comfortable in her new surroundings. Both were already in their 80s and in poor physical health. I had several requirements and didn't know if I'd find something to meet them all. I did in Independence Village. My mother loved working in her flowers and had an award-winning garden. My parents were able to locate in a ground floor apartment where Mom was encouraged to plant her flower garden around their patio. For Dad, the food was the biggest obstacle. My father wasn't a complainer and would never consider asking for special favor, but after too many World War II military meals involving poultry that hadn't been plucked sufficiently, he didn't have much of a stomach for chicken or turkey. Every other place I toured had a set menu for dinner each night. Oh, sure, he could ask for something else, and they'd be happy to oblige. But I knew Daddy; he'd never dream of asking. At Independence Village, they have three choices of appetizer, main course, starch, vegetable and dessert for every dinner--7 days a week! Residents make their own menu choices for a week's worth of meals at a time. It was a perfect solution. The facility itself is beautiful, staff is great, and the neighbors were all good people. The food was great, too! Lastly, and most important, because they also offer assisted living care under the same roof, they offered any of those services to the residents in the independent living side for a fee. After my father passed away, and as Mom's symptoms caused more and more difficulties, she was able to remain in her apartment, where she was comfortable, while the staff provided additional services as needed. Mom was able to stay there until she became bedridden and required nursing care. Independence Village was a life-saver for me, and I never hesitate to recommend it to people!

kshamrock20 March 07, 2012

My Grandmother lived in this facility for two years. I also had a girlfriend who briefly had a relative living here a few years after my Grandmother stayed, so I am fimiliar with the establishment. Overall, my Grandmother's experience was positive. The grounds, apartments and social hangout areas were very clean and I never heard my family make any complaints. I visited multipe times, and it seemed like a very nice, expensive place to stay. My Grandma liked the social activities that the staff put on and she made a few friends there. They set up weekly activities that seemed to be the same every week. Old folks like getting into a routine, so Independence Village seemed very apt to make that happen for them. Residents seemed comfortable there, and I did not sense that there were many residents who despised living there.

Social Worker # 1 December 01, 2011

I think that independence Village of White Lake, Michigan is an excellent and a perfect Independent Living facility for someone who is looking for an Independent Living facility for a friend or for a loved one. It is beautiful and is also very homey looking not at all like a facility but more like a very beautiful, elegant and luxury white and brick tri-level houses for their residence to enjoy the fundamental pleasures of their lives.

The common areas of the facility offer their residents a serenity lifestyle living and homey acres and acres of land, greenery and flowers. The surrounding neighborhoods are miles away and are beautiful with acres of land and greenery it is strictly a much modernized Country setting with lots of privacy. The staff and management are very professional and team and task oriented in their jib duties and their performances. The residents live in apartment homes and they are very luxury and elegant.

The seniors there love their senior community that they socialize within there. It is like a dream vacation there at Independence Village of White Lake, MI. They provide their residents with on site transportation, housekeeping, and various other services, activities, social entertainment and recreations for their resident as well. Their residents dining area is very elegant and luxury for only the most Royal life style living. Any one any age would love to live here.

I would love to live there now if I could afford too. It is an elegant, luxury, and Retirement apartment living as well as a Condominium style living environment and atmosphere. I would recommend these independent living apartments to any and everyone that is looking for an elegant style country club living lifestyle setting and environment. The staff and management there are very classy and elegant but yet very professional and treat their senior community like family. In general, I would have to rank these Independent Living apartments on a five plus stars rating for it luxury, elegance, and expertise.

From Independence Village of White Lake

At Independence Village of White Lake, we’re more than a community of spacious, well-appointed apartment homes; we’re a family. Set amidst beautiful landscaping, we offer an endless array of services and amenities including delicious chef-prepared meals and daily activities and events.

Try your hand in a friendly game of bingo or pinochle or just relax in our Village Café. At Independence Village of White Lake, there’s never a shortage of activities to engage in. From our Veteran’s Wall of Honor to our famous annual Craft Show, we’re always finding ways to honor and delight our residents. After hour and weekend outings include Tigers games, Gem Theatre plays, Philharmonic concerts and trips to the DIA, trout fishing farm, Franklin Garden walk and Kensington Metro Park.

Our long term and caring staff is what sets us apart from the rest. We’re dedicated to making a difference not only in the lives of our residents and their families, but also each other. We partner with the Outreach Center to raise money for low-income families and sponsor several events at local churches and our senior center and library. Our own Knitting Club even makes blankets and donates them to local hospitals.

Features of Independence Village of White Lake