The Lodge At White Bear

3666 E County Line N, White Bear Lake, MN, 55110

Reviews of The Lodge At White Bear

Robert422078 January 10, 2017

I toured The Lodge At White Bear. It was very nice. I have one leg, so I'm not really able to get around, but I did sign something with them to tentatively take over, but my family decided that it was too far away. I told them that I was not going to come there, but since I signed something, they walked off with $4300 even though I had never spent one single day there. I don't really have much good to say about the place and how they behaved. The Lodge At White Bear looked like a nice place. I like everything about it. I would like to have been there, but it is really beyond my capabilities. The part that I looked at, I wouldn't be able to take care of myself well enough. I need something that has more care facilities, but they had good meals. They had many activities that they had scheduled, and it looked very good. I was very excited about being able to live there, but things didn't turn out right, and the little episode had so far cost me $4300.

Robert422078, thank you for taking the time to leave us this feedback. We appreciate very much your kind words around our scheduled list of activities, and your observations of our community being a nice place. We are very sorry to hear, however, you were never able to actually stay with us, and would encourage you to speak with us more so we can learn more about this. Please. reach out anytime to us at Resident Relations. We hope to hear from you soon!

Michael885561 November 29, 2016

The Lodge at White Bear is just great and has things to do. The food is fantastic. They have movie nights on Saturday nights and bingo on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. There is always something there for the people to do if they participate. My room is a studio. It has room for one bed, bathroom, and shower, and a microwave or sink and cupboard space. The price of the studio is kind of high.

Renee838443 November 14, 2016

We did not care for The Lodge at White Bear. The difference between this place and the other ones I visited was they didn't seem to know their residents. It didn't feel like home, and the hallways smelled of smoke because they allow residents to smoke in their apartments if they are so inclined. It seemed ludicrous for a senior living. The grounds were OK, and they say they were going through some remodeling at that time. There were several community rooms that were unusable because of the remodeling. This place felt more like a nursing home.

Hi Renee838443., we'd like to thank you for taking the time to share this with us! The staff at The Lodge at White Bear takes our reviews very seriously, and we appreciate very much your reaching out to share these thoughts with us around your tour. We also appreciate you taking the time to visit, and wish you a very positive experience in your search - and the best of luck, too!

Jean422587 November 07, 2016

The Lodge at White Bear was nice, but wasn’t really what we wanted. The other people that we met were basically friendly, and it was a lovely community, but it just doesn’t feel good.

Joe652373 September 30, 2016

The apartments at The Lodge At White Bear didn't have kitchens because they wanted the residents to have their meals in the dining room. We saw one apartment that was very nice with a very nice view, but there were smaller ones too.

Sharon121769750 March 28, 2016

The Lodge at White Bear was a very nice, larger community that had such a variety of people and activities. I was very impressed with them. It was our first choice for our mom, but our brother wanted her to stay in the town that he was living in. The dining room was very nice. We were there when the Super Bowl was going on, and they had a party. They also had cooking classes and take the residents to the local casino once a month or out in the neighborhood. A group of them would go to a local grade school and volunteer to work with students once a week.

Mary121935450 March 19, 2016

I visited and liked The Lodge at White Bear. The staff member who took me around was very friendly and very cooperative. She even called me and followed up on a few things. They had a beautiful spot behind the facility with walking trails, a nice pond, and a good view. They also had an exercise room and a beauty shop, and a nice dining room. However, their rooms were not the nicest I've seen.

caring visitor40 March 05, 2016

The Lodge was very nice. The staff was very good. We had lunch there, and the food was okay. They served three meals a day, but I guess it’s kind of institutional. The rooms, and apartments are very nice. One was an efficiency apartment which was too small for me. However, the one-bedroom was lovely. It was very nice, and large. They have lots of activities, they have Bridge, cards on certain days, they have an exercise room, and a library.

A Fellow Reviewer22 December 22, 2015

We picked The Lodge At White Bear for my parents. When we first went there, the staff and dining facility were very nice. It was a very nice facility but out of our price range at that time. They waived their community fee, waived the second person’s fee for the life of the lease, and took $600 off the rent each month for the life of the lease, so we moved my parents in there at the beginning of December. They like it there a lot. The food is awesome. They have a barbershop where my dad got his hair cut the other day and liked it. They have a little fitness room, too. So far, my parents really enjoy this community. It has been good for both of them.

Shannon10 September 30, 2015

I had a very positive experience at The Lodge at White Bear. The staff was extremely helpful. The rooms and apartments were very clean. They had a variety of different sizes. The dining area looked very spacious and very welcoming. They would take people out to a restaurant once a week. They had a community room, an exercise room, a library, and a walking path. I was very impressed.

Jan110734450 September 16, 2015

It's very clean, and they're very caring. We are very happy with The Lodge at White Bear. I have eaten there several times, and their food is awesome. They have a variety everyday. The grounds are beautiful with a lot of flowers, and there's a lake overviewing the apartments that they're in. It's very pretty. My mother just went on a pontoon ride out on a lake. They have casino nights, bingo nights, music, and all kinds of entertainment that they have for the people that live there, and there are a lot of outings. The staff is very friendly too.

Kim112092850 August 31, 2015

We visited The Lodge At White Bear. They were very friendly. I like the way the building was set up. I like that they have hairstyling and a nurse onsite everyday. The only thing is that they don't have memory care. Nevertheless, they do go on day trips. They also have puzzles, crafts, and sewing, which I thought my mom might get into. The staff was extremely friendly, and they answered every question I had. I even called back there and talked to them again, so yeah, I really like the people that showed me around and everything.

Kim110398150 July 29, 2015

Mom is in The Lodge at White Bear Lake. The room that she has is an efficiency apartment. It is perfect for her. She has a little patio, a little refrigerator, and a lot of closet space, and it is very nice. The staff is very awesome and very helpful. They have programs that go on everyday for the residents that they can sign in. They have three meals a day that they provide down in a beautiful dining room for them. They have breakfast, lunch, and dinner. They have snacks and free laundry. They have a beauty shop on site and a chapel, and we really like it. As far as I can tell, the maintenance and up keeping of the place is very good.

Robert94923150 September 30, 2014

I was able to visit The Lodge at White Bear, and it was awesome. Everything looked really nice, and it would have been a great facility. I would choose it if I needed a place. They have nice rooms as well as a nice dining room. They have extra common spaces. The community space was really nice, and the staff was really pleasant. It looked like they serve really nice food. They have typical library room, they play cards, and they go out to places.

Eileen13 June 17, 2014

Although I wasn't there for too long, I enjoyed my visit at The Lodge at White Bear. The staff were pretty accommodating and friendly, and they were really nice. We had chicken, broccoli and rice, and dessert for lunch, and the food was good. They made sure you had what you wanted to eat and drink. The chairs in the dining area were comfortable enough. They showed me a studio apartment, and it looked pretty good. The only thing I noticed was that they did not have an oven, although I didn't know if that was needed since you ate downstairs all the time. However, they did have a microwave in the apartment. They had an open room, which was airy, and the apartments were light-colored. When we went there, they had gambling. There was a gambling table, and people played card games, and it was interesting. Overall, I liked the atmosphere, and I loved it there.

Denise20 May 29, 2014

The Lodge does not have a full kitchen, just a microwave or something like that, but they give you 3 meals a day. The staff was real nice, friendly, and informative. It was clean and nicely decorated. They had a lot of recreation and a lot of events. They call me when they have stuff and ask if I want to come.

Mr. D. April 25, 2014

The Lodge at White Bear is a nice place. The people and everybody are nice, but it wasn’t my cup of tea. The dining room was nice, but I didn’t eat there. They do have activities and musicians coming in. Most of the residents looked happy; it would be a nice place to live.

Caring72791450 February 02, 2014

The Lodge is a little bit too much. They offer meals but I don't care to have that, I like to do my own cooking. The food looked very good though. I thought it was a wonderful place but it wasn't the one I was looking for, I'm a little bit more independent. For what I could afford, it was out of my budget. They showed me the activity book that they have. They have cards, clubs and they have everything else going there, too. The staff seemed excellent, very accommodating. It's very clean and upkept very well. I was very impressed with it.

Logroller23 October 30, 2013

I was a resident of this facility for a little over one year. It has a great atmosphere, good food, great activities for individuals to participate in. They plan lunch outings and casino visits. The employees are friendly and excellent at their jobs. My room got cleaned every week which included vacuuming, changing the sheets, bathroom cleaning, etc. the grounds are beautiful with walking paths and you can even walk to the local restaurant, drug store, and even a Dairy Queen if you choose not to drive.

Megan7 September 20, 2013

The Lodge at White Bear is really for people who want all their meals taken care of for them. It is not really appropriate if you are a little more independent than that. They have no kitchens in their apartments, so you're not allowed to fix your own meals. With regards to staffing, I didn't have much interaction with them but they seemed generally pleasant. It is a good facility but I think they could do better if they have more than one elevator in the building.

CaringSU July 30, 2013

We chose The Lodge at White Bear because it was the first one we looked at and we liked it. It is also close to us. It is really a nice-looking facility. They offer three meals a day with light housekeeping and they also have transportation for their residents. We looked at one-bedroom and two-bedroom and we kind of took the middle of the road and my dad was very happy with it. He seems to be very happy and comfortable there. Their staff is very friendly. We run into the lady that led us on the tour a couple of times and she still seems to remember who we are and the same with the managers that are onsite, so it is good that they remember and I don't feel like I'm just somebody that they forget the minute they got my money. I have also eaten there a couple of times and the food is fine. My dad likes it very well. I would very much recommend this facility to others, in fact, a friend of my dad's might end up moving there.

From The Lodge At White Bear

The Lodge At White Bear is located in White Bear Lake, MN, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to The Lodge At White Bear for a visit...and stay!

Features of The Lodge At White Bear