Wellington At Hershey's Mill

1361 Boot Road, West Chester, PA, 19380

Top nearby Independent Living Communities

Reviews of Wellington At Hershey's Mill

SH59 November 30, 2015

The thing that was appealing to me about Wellington was that there was not a big upfront fee; you pay by the month. The apartment I was able to look at was very nice. The inside areas were nice. They had a small area where you could get sandwiches in addition to a formal dining room. The greeters and the people at the door were very helpful. The people that live there appeared to be happy. I would give them a rating of five stars for the appearance of the place.

Anonymous104954050 May 24, 2015

We have looked at Wellington. We were very pleased with it. It was a beautiful place. We liked what we saw. They have very nice living quarters. The staff was very friendly and very helpful.

Caring104290750 January 12, 2015

Hershey's Mill is a condominium; it is not assisted living. It is like independent living. My mom lived there for like 7 or 8 years. It is nice. The cleanliness and maintenance of the place is very nice. They had a lot of activities. They had a lot of groups like the computer club and the antique club. This facility is very nice. My mother enjoyed her stay here at Hershey's Mill

Caring86007550 June 17, 2014

Wellington At Hershey's Mill was very nice, and I loved it. I liked that you could have dogs and you had your own private entrance. Everybody I knew who lived there liked it. They had one-bedroom apartments. It had a kitchen, dining room, a bedroom, a bathroom, and a little deck. The sanitation was very good, and they had tons of activities. They had swimming, and they were playing some sort of card game.

Caring061002 June 19, 2013

With Wellington Retirement Living, I liked the fact that they don't have an upfront fee and that's a plus for me. It was closer to my son's house, so I thought that might be the best place for me. The facility looked very nice from the outside, but I was very disappointed at the interior. It looked very, very dark. There was nothing light or airy about it. Also, it did not smell good. The apartment that I was shown was very ill kept. It was not furnished and it was too small. The whole thing just looked neglected to me. I had built homes. I have been my own contractor many times, and I perhaps looked at things a little differently, but it simply was very unpleasant. We weren't even invited to see their dining room and the staff were not very helpful. I didn't feel the person who showed us around liked her job very much.

Carleeb July 08, 2012

After several years of searching for my next home, I chose Wellington Hall for a myriad of reasons. One, I didn't have to sell my house to afford Wellington since the accommodations are provided on a monthly basis. My independent living apartment (1238 sq ft) consists of two huge bedrooms (one to use as an office), two full bathrooms, washer/dryer, complete kitchen with microwave, full size 'fridge' and stove, dishwasher, and garbage disposal. Monthly fee includes all taxes and utilities (my own hot water heater, HV/AC, basic cable, electricity) and a full underground garage for all residents. Also included are 20 meals a month (optional). Each apartment has its own patio or balcony (72 sq ft), housekeeping twice a month, plumbing and structural maintenance on demand for no fee. Full telephone and internet access for minimal fee. Second, the migration between independent living to assisted living or nursing care and back again after illness or hospitalization and rehabilitation is facilitated by the caring and energetic staff. Entertainment onsite and offsite via our own bus is a real boon for those no longer able to drive. Third, residents no longer have to pay property taxes, but are eligible for rent rebates from Pennsylvania and are also eligible to deduct a percentage of medical expenses from their individual tax returns! In sum, as a CCRC, Wellington Hall is in full compliance with state CCRC certification.

About Wellington At Hershey's Mill

Wellington At Hershey's Mill is an independent living community in West Chester, PA designed for seniors, normally 55+, who are able to care for themselves and wish to live independently. Contact Wellington At Hershey's Mill for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Location of Wellington At Hershey's Mill