Reviews of Barrington of West Chester | Independent Living
DM232778 June 10, 2016
I visited this facility
I toured Barrington of West Chester. It was good. I only dealt with one person, and she was nice. The dining area was nice. They did not have a variety of different types of dining. Other than that, everything was fine. They had activities like arts and crafts and games, plus a theater, a library, and a salon.
Mom's Oldest March 18, 2016
I visited this facility
Visited the facility as an independent living choice for my mother. We were there on a Sunday. It was an impromptu visit. Staff was kind and toured us. The facility is beautiful and roomy. Very large so the resident needs to be able to walk long distances. The floor plans of the apartments were well thought out. Seems to have plenty of activities. It is located pretty far out for residents that still drive themselves to appointments. We loved it but it was out of our price range times two for independent living.
siouxbee May 24, 2012
I am a friend or relative of a resident
My mother moved into the independent living portion of Barrington two years ago. The facility is beautifully maintained and the staff are caring. This past February we had to step up her care to Assisted Living. At the onstart of this service there were several bumps (meds not given at the proper time, etc).
Over the past 4 months, the Assisted Living help has improved; however, sometimes it feels as if there is no defiined administration of the staff or the methods to administer help.
We have had one issue of an overpayment of rent and it was somewhat difficult to find out where the erroneously issued check had gone. But in the end it was all taken care of.....just took 6 phone calls.
The chef at this facility is great; food very tasty and nutritious. Lots of activities for the residents. Overall a very nice facility.
From Barrington of West Chester
Barrington of West Chester offers independent living in West Chester for seniors who are able and inclined to live independently, but crave the comfort, security and social opportunity a retirement community offers.
On-call assistance and maintenance-free living means you never need worry about anything but living life to the fullest! Just steps from your front door, you'll find easy access to a fitness center, media room and a wide assortment of activities, as well as special events and regularly scheduled outings into the community.
If you are looking for a vibrant, active place to call home during your retirement years, Barrington of West Chester will fulfill your desires. Come visit us and see how great senior independent living can be.
Independent Living Amenities
- All utilities included except telephone and cable
- Housekeeping and maintenance service
- Guest Suites
- Individually controlled heat and central air
- Scheduled transportation to local shopping and medical appointments
- Safety features including smoke detectors and sprinklers
- Award winning Wellness Everyday™ programs, provided 7 days a week
- Beauty and Barber Shop
- Fresh, seasonal cuisine prepared by the dining service team
- Dining for Wellness™ - educational and wellness program
- Brain Health University™
What Makes Us Special
The Barrington is a beautiful community with a thriving, robust energy that is very contagious for those living here and those who come to tour for a possible place to live.
Features of Barrington of West Chester
Technology and entertainment
- Cable TV in resident's rooms
- Internet in residents' rooms
- Medication Management
- Physical therapy
Room and housing options
- 1-bedroom apartments
- 2-bedroom apartments
- Companion suites: We do not offer companion suites
- Beauty/Barber shop
- Computer room
- TV room
- Gardens/outside patio
- Parking for residents
- Transportation for residents (shuttle bus or similar)
- Coffee shop
- Arts, woodworking, craft
- Organized offsite activities (outings, etc)
- Religious services
- Lectures and discussions
- Book clubs
- Wii sports competition
- Guests can attend meals
- Ample parking for guests
- Meals delivered to residents' rooms
- Meals in a shared dining room
- Dining extra: ALL apartments have full kitchens
- We charge monthly rent plus additional fees for specific care needs, as needed
- Minimum rate: $3,100/month
- Pets: Small pets allowed
- Licenses: 2495R
- Nurses extra: We have 24 hour nurses.
- We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
- We help families understand VA benefits
- We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living
Location of Barrington of West Chester
Get Cost Information
Get full access to reviews, cost information, and amenities