Brookdale Clear Lake

780 W. Bay Area Blvd., Webster, TX, 77598

Reviews of Brookdale Clear Lake

Caring112068950 August 15, 2015

We've already got my parents in Brookdale Clear Lake. We liked the staff and the location. They are very friendly, and it is good food. They have the same thing every Monday and the same thing every Tuesday. The room is nice and laid out well, but it is pretty small. They have larger ones, but those are more expensive, so they had to get what they can afford.

Blanca2 August 11, 2015

My father is in Brookdale Clear Lake (Formerly The Terrace at Clear Lake), and he has been doing pretty well. He is enjoying it, and he likes it a lot. The meals are wonderful, very balanced, and delicious. They have many amenities like going out for shopping, church, bingo, dominos, movies, parties, lots of handcraft lessons, and yoga, and they have two dining rooms. The personnel was very nice and was very helpful every moment we asked for help.

Wilma9 August 09, 2015

It had the most beautiful pool. It also had big bushes of flowers and flowering trees on the property. Their food was very good. Brookdale Clear Lake (Formerly The Terrace at Clear Lake) would've been my second choice. They had everything that I like. The room opened outdoors, and I like that the best. I like the indoor halls, the director, and the food there. It was a quality place.

Barbara105083550 April 17, 2015

Brookdale Clear Lake had the setup that was right for mom. Mom really needed an area where food was available for breakfast, lunch, and dinner because she is not cooking very much on her own. And she didn't really like the assisted living feel. In fact, she feels like she is the youngest one there; she just doesn't see herself as an old person. The staff is very positive. In fact, their positive nature helps mom stay positive as well. It is just generally a very positive community. Their rooms and apartment are great and very clean. Mom's been fussing over the weather stripping on the bottom of her front door, and they've come out, budged at it four times until they found the molding that was right for the door, and that it wasn't too tight or too loose to open and shut the door. So their attention to what she needs is important. It is not only securing the door but that she can open and shut it under her own power, and I think that it is very considerate of them. And my mom has a dog, and her favorite thing is to go out to the little dog park in the back and hang out with the other dog owners.

Caring104754250 April 07, 2015

I visited Brookdale Clear Lake very briefly so I don't know enough about the staff. I felt the rooms were very nice. I prefer a place that has a living area and a bedroom. As far as I can tell the staff was helpful, but I didn't interact with them very much. I can't say much about the food, but they did offer what looks like to be a nice menu. They took people out to shop, and they had a little putting green for the golfers. I don't know for sure, but I believe they have various other kinds of musical activities and shows. I like the general setup of the housing which is several stories in one building.

Caring85457950 June 30, 2014

The staff at The Terrace was very helpful. Out of all that I saw, they were the best, and I visited 3 different places. They had 2 dining rooms: one that was a la carte and one that was like a snack bar. Both of them looked very satisfactory. The Terrace is almost luxury.

Caring79637350 February 26, 2014

The people at The terrace seemed friendly. I liked the landscaping and the waterfall. I didn’t like the apartments though, they seemed a little dated but other than that the facility was fine. I loved the dining room. It looked like a nice place for my parents to live. They had bowling, Bingo and a hair salon.

Caring72542450 October 31, 2013

I had visited The Terrace. They serve two meals a day but they do not have food on the weekends, which they could have for people who do not cook. But the rooms had a microwave and refrigerator. They were not large, but comfortable. The rooms on the lower floor had outdoor access and they were allowed to have pet. I love it that they allowed pets because they were important to people who were older. They had a lot of activities like group games, music and movies. They had transportation, which I called the limousine that would take them to doctor's appointments, shopping malls and groceries. They had beauty salon on board, but if they wanted it outside, they could.

Carol70114650 September 19, 2013

We toured The Terrace and we liked it. The staff was very efficient and pleasant. We liked the apartments, they were very nice and they were remodeling. There were lots of grounds and we liked the fact that there was a library, a movie theater and of course a game room. There were several rooms to entertain if you have family or friends over. The food that we had was good and very tasty. A lot of the residents were friendly. I wasn't very fond of the fact that there were no washer and dryer in your room; you have to use the public unit.

Marjorie5 August 15, 2013

It was built like a hotel. The room we saw was small and had one closet. When you walked into the hallways, it smelled like cigarettes and it was bad. I didn't like it at all. The staff I talked to had an attitude.

Sue25 July 25, 2013

The Terrace - Clear Lake is a very beautiful facility. The staff were being friendly and very helpful. I just like everything about it. The rooms are very, very nice. I did not eat anything, but I knew that they were having breakfast and lunch and I liked that. I really can't remember the activities, but I know they go on some trips and they will take the residents shopping or to the grocery store. They have a doctor on-call. They also have a church.

amorphousdiety October 30, 2012

Beautiful facility with plenty of activities. Lack of food choices. The staff is dedicated and caring. Not enough elevators in case of an emergency. Lack of diversity. The light to get into and out of the facility is very short and dangerous.

vasquez1200 September 27, 2012

The Terrace at Clear Lake is in an excellent location very near the freeway but hidden off the main road in a extremely safe location near to every amenity you could ask for. It has a very nice pool (only drawback is that it is not handicapped enabled). The staff is one hundred percent willing to do what it takes to make sure clients are well cared for at any time day or night. They have a wheel chair accessible van that makes regular trips as well as special event trips. One drawback is that rent increases on a regular basis.The building is kept in great condition and the grounds are very pretty. The residents as a whole are happy with the Terrace.There is a nice selection of apartments that posses showers that are truly nice wheelchair enabled showers, very large and spacious. Full sized fridge and stove with oven as well as a handicapped enabled laundry room. Multiple located emergency buttons make it extra safe for your loved one as well as gated entrances and exits. Meals are provided with an optional buy in plan in a beautiful eating hall. Bonus is that the location is within a couple of miles of one of the best hospitals in the Houston area.

bxvasque September 27, 2012

I have visited this facility a few times. This is the place that was best suited for my father in law. It has all the amenities of a home. He is well looked after. He is provided with great food and great entertainment. The living arrangements afforded to him are of a high quality. It is a great environment for people who need a little assistance to get along in life. The staff is very helpful. We know that he is safe and well taken care of. He has become more social because of the activities available to him. And because of the great location he is close to one of the very best care facilities available in the country. I hope that this is something that will be available to me when I am in need of additional assistance.

dtliccketto February 20, 2012

I thoroughly enjoyed the tour and was impressed with the facility. My current situation with an oversized dog prevents me move at this time. But, I am definitely sold on the idea of The Terrace being my new home in the future when other arrangements have been made for my support animal.

E G Bishop August 02, 2011

The Terrace at Clear Lake is somewhat unique in that is allows seniors to live independently, but with assistance. What I notice about The Terrace is how clean and well maintained everything is. From the time you drive in th main entrance until the time you leave, you will see staff everywhere taking care of things. The parking lot and grounds are taken care of and offer the residents nice areas to enjoy the outdoors. Once inside, staff are unobtrusively cleaning, taking care of plants, etc. The other thing I really like about The Terrace is its location. Within a mile or two there are over twenty restuarants, a community park, many shops and even Baybrook Mall. so if you want to go and pick up your loved one and take them shopping or out for a meal, everything you want is available with a very short drive.

From Brookdale Clear Lake

Brookdale Clear Lake provides a full range of choices for today's seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Our Brookdale community delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional services, amenities and opportunities we offer.

Our Optimum Life® and Celebrations programs provide an all-encompassing way of life that touches our residents, their families and associates alike. Optimum Life® is a journey of self-discovery including services, features and benefits that allow each resident to pursue their peak level of health, wholeness and fulfillment while balancing six key dimensions of personal wellness: emotional, intellectual, physical, social, spiritual and purposeful. As part of Optimum Life® we encourage our residents to celebrate life each day. Inspired dining, with fresh meals prepared by chefs trained in our own Culinary Arts Institute, and vibrant lifestyle activities come together in our Celebrations program. These activities fill the monthly calendar with themed experiences, special events and group activities highlighting different cultures and cuisines in a common venue of camaraderie.

Mediterrean style complex with open air tropical courtyards and open air hallways. Ten different choices of apartment style homes. This community has a long tenure of staff and a solid reputation of being Clear Lake's premier retirement community.

Features of Brookdale Clear Lake

• Internet in residents' rooms
  • Technology extra: Emergency Call System
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Physical therapy

• Companion suites: We do not offer companion suites

• 24-hour security gate
  • Pool
  • Coffee shop
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library, Fitness room/Gym, Putting green, 24 hr. Concierge on site

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Wii sports competition
  • Tai chi

• Private services

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Some residents have in-room full kitchens (including oven, etc.)
  • Dining extra: All apartments have full kitchens.

• We offer respite care (short term stays)
  • Minimum age: 55

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of Brookdale Clear Lake