Lockwood of Waterford | Independent Living

1407 Skipper Drive, Waterford, MI, 48327

Reviews of Lockwood of Waterford | Independent Living

Hazel4 December 09, 2014

I visited Lockwood of Waterford, and I really like it. I really wanted to be in this facility, but I can't afford it. They took me to the rooms, and they are beautiful and spacious. It has lot of convenience to it. The lady who hosted the tour gave us lunch, and the food was very good. They have a lot of activities going on like crafts, movies, and bingo. The staff was very nice and helpful.

Patty20 November 22, 2013

Lockwood of Waterford is clean and everything. It is a really nice place, but for my mother's needs, the other facility works better. Also when I went there on Saturday, there were very few residents that were out of their rooms. In comparison, there were a lot more going at the other facility than this one. Lockwood was also $100 more expensive. I'm really glad I didn't choose this place because of the location of the bathrooms in their apartments. We want the bathroom to be accessible, but with this one, you have to go around the corner and almost into the kitchen to go to the bathroom. To me, that's not acceptable. I also don't want to walk into an apartment and find the bathroom the first thing I see. And that's the way it is there.

caring06231 June 27, 2013

Lockwood has senior apartments and you can choose from one, two or three bedrooms. Mom and dad have a beautiful two-bedroom apartment, they get one meal a day and they have their own kitchenette so they can cook in. Lockwood also offers the Med Team that takes care of their medical needs, bathing, housekeeping and laundry so they can be together.

From Lockwood of Waterford

Lockwood of Waterford is a full-service independent living community where residents are encouraged to enjoy an active, independent retirement without the cares and worries that home-ownership brings. From spacious apartments and life-enhancing services, to convenient amenities found throughout the community, Lockwood of Waterford is independent living at its best.

At Lockwood of Waterford, you design your own day. Enjoy the afternoon playing cards or relax with a book in our lending library. Our scheduled van transportation makes it easy to go shopping or take advantage of the many cultural and social attractions nearby.

Features of Lockwood of Waterford

• Internet in residents' rooms
  • Technology extra: Emergency call system

• Skilled nursing
  • Physical therapy

• Companion suites: We do not offer companion suites

• Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library, Fitness room/Gym

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition
  • Activities extra: Computer class

• Private services

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Some residents have in-room full kitchens (including oven, etc.)

• Fee structure extra: We offer a month-to-month rental

• Minimum age: 55

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of Lockwood of Waterford