Reviews of Canterbury on the Lake | INDEPENDENT LIVING
Julie460627 October 27, 2016
I visited this facility
I did not like Canterbury on the Lake. It’s too formal for my parents. It’s not very relaxed looking, and they were the most expensive of all of them. There was a salon. They have a little café and a gift shop. I think they had a gym, too.
Erin715762 September 13, 2016
I am a friend or relative of a resident
Canterbury on the Lake is wonderful. I have told my husband that I also want to be there when we need to go into one. The staff is really great and extraordinarily helpful. If you ever need any help, they are there within a minute. Mom's apartment is about 800 square feet, and somebody comes in every other week to clean. The trash disposal is right there. They have buses to take the residents to places, and they have a ton of activities. They have 2 different dining areas, a rehab area, and a doctor on-call. The service goes all the way from independent living to hospice. It's just a really great community. The food is really good, and they have monthly meetings to get the residents' inputs. They serve a balanced diet; low sodium is also available. There are 3 floors for independent area, 3 floors for rehab, and 3 floors for assisted living. They don't have a memory care area; it would be great if they could add that.
KathyJPWNY May 11, 2016
I visited this facility
Canterbury on the Lake was clean, fresh, uplifting, and felt like a beautiful hotel. The staff was helpful, and there were activities. I saw the library, which had nice chairs and interesting pictures on the walls.
From Canterbury on the Lake
Canterbury is a retirement community unlike any other, offering three different levels of care under one roof: Independent Senior Living Apartments, Assisted Living Apartments and our Health Center, which offers short-term rehabilitation and long-term care nursing. All three levels of care have access to the Medicare certified skilled care rehab center.
The Leas is designed to ensure the highest level of independence for each resident's functioning level. The Leas also offers gathering places and lounges, a restaurant-style dining room, worship opportunities in St. Luke's Chapel, outings, and a full activities schedule, including music therapy, crafts, and gardening.
With 24-hour staffing, medication reminders and assistance with daily living activities, residents and their families are assured of safety, comfort, and dignity.
It is truly the staff--so warm and caring--that distinguishes Canterbury from other communities.
Residents at the Leas Assisted Living enjoy:
- Weekly housekeeping
- Weekly laundry and linen change
- Personal care team 24 hours a day
- 24-hour wireless emergency alert system
- Onsite clinic with a nurse to coordinate care
- Scheduled transportation
- Enriching recreational, spiritual and activity programs
Transportation is provided for residents to go to the bank, grocery stores, retail stores and even special trips to places of interest, such as Tiger games, casinos and museums. Personal trips can be scheduled including doctors' visits, family get-togethers or even service to the airport.
With the amount of activities, residents at Canterbury are never bored. Many who reside here find hobbies that they never knew they had. Some notable activities include crafts, swimming, computers, Wii sports, bingo and many more.
Independent residents enjoy:
- Studio, one-bedroom, one-bedroom with den, and two-bedroom apartments
- Full kitchens
- Washer and dryer in every apartment
- Flexible dining options
- All utilities (except phone)
- Direct TV
- Wireless internet available
- 24-hour emergency alert systems
- Housekeeping every other week
- Scheduled transportation
- Apartment and grounds maintenance
We have exercise classes every day for various fitness levels -- something for everyone! Strength and Balance, Low-Impact Aerobics, Walking Clubs and Yoga.
What Makes Us Special
Canterbury prides itself on having a true home-like environment, where friends and neighbors gather. The spirit and atmosphere truly have earned Canterbury the reputation as a warm and comfortable place to live.
Features of Canterbury on the Lake
Technology and entertainment
- Cable TV in resident's rooms
- Internet in residents' rooms
- Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas
- Medication Management
- Psychiatric care
- Skilled nursing
- Physical therapy
- Hospice care
Room and housing options
- 1-bedroom apartments
- 2-bedroom apartments
- Studio apartments
- Beauty/Barber shop
- Computer room
- Hiking trails
- TV room
- Gardens/outside patio
- Parking for residents
- Transportation for residents (shuttle bus or similar)
- Coffee shop
- Shared space where residents can host parties
- Some residents have in-room kitchenettes
- Meals delivered to residents' rooms
- Meals in a shared dining room
- Some residents have in-room full kitchens (including oven, etc.)
- Arts, woodworking, craft
- Organized offsite activities (outings, etc)
- Religious services
- Lectures and discussions
- Book clubs
- Wii sports competition
- Tai chi
- Guests can attend meals
- Guests can stay overnight
- Ample parking for guests
- Laundry service for clothes
- Laundry service for linens
- Private services
- We charge monthly rent plus additional fees for specific care needs, as needed
- Fee structure extra: Care Plans -Level 1 -$350 Level 2 - $500 Level 3 - $850
- Minimum rate: $2,042/month
- Pets: Small pets allowed
- Minimum age: 62
- We help families understand VA benefits
Location of Canterbury on the Lake
Get Cost Information
Get full access to reviews, cost information, and amenities