The Homestead at Hickory View Retirement Community

1481 Marbach Drive, Washington, MO, 63090

Reviews of The Homestead at Hickory View Retirement Community

January 09, 2015

By Visiting daughter

My sister and I very much appreciated the professionalism of Barb when we visited The Homestead in December to consider as a potential new home for our Mother. She anticipated so many questions without our even asking, and answered every question we had. Her willingness to show us rooms at random (and the residents' kindness in letting us see them) was very helpful. She projected a caring, professional and polished image of The Homestead.

November 08, 2014

By Phyllis F.

I have been a visitor occasionally to the Homestead. I have always found the staff to be friendly and helpful and the residents to be satisfied and congenial. The facilities are always clean and inviting and there are many activities in which the residents can participate. Have had a few meals there and they were very delicious. It seems like a very nice place to reside when home is no longer an option.

November 06, 2014

By Washington niece

I loved having my Uncle at the Homestead. They took such great care of him and provided for his every need. As he and, there were services available to keep him as independent as possible. The staff is excellent, especially the dietary team. The food is very good and he loved coming down to the dining room to enjoy great food and his friends. Thank you for all you do,for Seniors.

April 14, 2014

By kzelle

Homestead at Hickory View will truly be your home. The surroundings are beautiful and comfortable, with quiet places for introspection and gathering places for fun and friendship. The staff is beyond compare. They are warm and compassionate, providing care and genuine companionship to each one of their residents. They are dedicated members of a skilled team who receive ongoing training to support their competency. Homestead offers a wide variety of social activities, fostering important friendships.

January 14, 2014

By Grateful boomer

The Homestead has been a Gift to us and a Blessing to our Mother! We are “Sandwich Generation” siblings from out of state and had growing concerns about Mom’s safety living alone in her home. Always independent, Mom made it clear that she wanted to remain in Washington, not relocate near one of us. The Homestead was always # 1 on Mom’s agenda, having had friends in residence, but she was reticent to take that big step. A couple of events brought Mom to an abrupt decision to move to The Homestead. The facility is beautifully designed and appointed and it’s setting park-like in charming Washington. The services are first rate including personal menu selections for all meals. Activities abound, including regular exercise sessions, though no participation is required. Staff members at all levels are caring, kind, friendly and joyous. Safety is paramount! Subtle “rules”, such as giving notice of plans to skip meals, (ostensibly so kitchen staff has a heads-up numbers count), is primarily a status/safety check with the unobtrusive goal of “eyes on” each resident 3X/day. Way better than our frequent phone calls that Mom found annoying. Mom has settled in very well. Does she sometimes wish for her house? Sure. But now, with a lovely apartment and welcoming common space; friendly fellow residents and staff to break the ice; 3 “squares” a day; cleaning/laundry, shuttle and visiting library services; on-site private care providers, as needed; and an on-site salon for hair care, mani & pedicures…What’s Not To Love!

January 09, 2014

By mike and carol

I cannot heap enough praise on to this facility and staff. Five stars is not enough. I moved my uncle here from another facility . The difference was night and day. It made a huge positive difference for him. The entire family was so relieved to have him at such a great place.

By Friend of Homestead

I love visiting Homestead at Hickory View. It is one of the most friendliest retirement homes I have ever visited. The staff is very helpful and courteous. You always feel welcome. I am in awe of all the activities that are offered to residents. Homestead staff and residents are involved in many community activities. They all give of themselves to make the community a better place. I give them 5 stars....

By caffeine free

I am thrilled that my mother is among loving and caring individuals and not just sitting alone in her house. It was quite a move for my mom, but she is involved in life again and is socialized which she really needed. I love the Homestead..the accommodations are nice, my mom has meals provided for her and activities to attend, if she so chooses.

By Relieved relative

About a year ago, my father moved into Homestead at Hickory View. For the previous 6 months he had been fighting severe depression at his home in the country. He didn't want to go with friends or attend family gatherings because he was depressed, which was quite a change from the man he had been. My brother and I visited some other senior housing locations in town but decided on Homestead. We were welcomed immediately and they are always asking my father to participate in activities. He has a usual group of men that he visits with at meals and is doing better with his depression. Even now we would still choose to have my father move in to Homestead at Hickory View. It is the greatest!

January 06, 2014

By Shannon1234

Awesome place, so friendly, every person I know that lives there , absolutely loves it. Great retirement ... See More

December 17, 2013

By Captain Matt

When it became obvious that Mom (85 years young) was unable to live alone anymore, I began my search for a new home for her by looking at Assisted Living facilities. I toured several properties in the Washington, MO area, and while nice, they just didn’t have the right feel to them. A friend suggested I check out The Homestead at Hickory View. From the very first phone call through the tour and subsequent discussions with key staff, I was completely impressed with this facility. After explaining my Mom’s situation (including some depression, inability to cook for herself, forgetfulness and being physically out of shape to name a few), they helped me realize that she was not yet a candidate for Assisted Living; rather, an independent living situation could suit her needs. About 2 months ago, I made the decision to move her into The Homestead and have been absolutely thrilled from day one. More importantly, Mom is so much happier as well. The staff at The Homestead is continuously vigilant in making sure that she feels welcome and included in all of the activities. Rather than sitting around all day doing mindless activities like watching TV and snacking, Mom is really enjoying life at The Homestead. There are always things for her to do and with having so many people there that are in similar situations (widowed, etc.), she has realized that she is not the only one in the world who has lost their spouse and happiness is still attainable. Her doctor is thrilled too – she has lost 15 pounds and has gained the strength and stamina to resume normal walking and activities. Now, I can comfortably resume my regular activities knowing that Mom is very well taken care of, comfortable and safe. If you are reading this and in the process of making a decision regarding The Homestead at Hickory View, I can easily advise that this is a no brainer for you. You and your loved one(s) will be completely satisfied!

Photos of The Homestead at Hickory View Retirement Community

• Activities Extra: Computer Class

• Home Sale Assistance
  • Financial Guidance Extra: Medicaid Not Accepted

About The Homestead at Hickory View Retirement Community

Homestead at Hickory View is designed exclusively for seniors with studio, one and two-bedroom senior living apartment homes and one and two bedroom cottages. Our retirement community has a full-time activities program director and is staffed 24 hours. SpectraConnect℠ provides a list of in-home health care providers which can be directly engaged by our residents for personal assistance with reminders, errands, meals, and household chores as an example. Restaurant style dining is provided and a private dining room is available for special occasions. Homestead at Hickory View also offers the innovative At Your Service℠ hospitality, one-of-a-kind living amenities and innovative activity programs. For the garden enthusiasts, outdoor gardening areas with raised beds are available. Card rooms, reading lounges and a library are available. A full service beauty salon with barber services is on site to enhance your independent living lifestyle. All mailboxes are inside, individual and private. Just like home, there are no restrictions on hours or number of guests. Scheduled transportation is provided for medical, shopping and church or for community sponsored trips, activities and events.

Map of The Homestead at Hickory View Retirement Community