Yardley Commons

209 Laurel Rd, Voorhees, NJ, 08043

Reviews of Yardley Commons

Bill A. January 20, 2016

Yardley Commons was a very nice, very clean, and well-organized facility. It’s a fairly new building, and they showed me all of the facilities they have, including a beauty shop, a little store, entertainment and dining areas, and various rooms. I really enjoyed it. They have all kinds of activities and things that they do during the day in the building, bus trips to the local grocery store, card games, arts and crafts, and a big lounge where people can come out and watch movies or just regular TV.

Anonymous114255750 October 28, 2015

The employees were excellent -- well-groomed, outspoken, and comforting. The rooms at Yardley Commons were small and that turned me off a little bit because we have large furniture, and I don't feel like getting rid of it. The rooms were small, well-kept with good rugs, and the bathrooms were well-suited for older people; there were holding bars were in place, so you feel safe.

Lynn47 April 30, 2015

Yardley Commons is very good. We had lunch there, and the food was good. The members were kind of nice. The one person that was leading us around wasn't that great. We went on a Sunday, so there wasn't much activity, and some people may have gone to church. I did notice that the general room when you walk in smelled like smoke. The lady said to me when I commented on it that it is independent living. I guess they are allowed to smoke, and when they open and close the automatic doors, the smoke gets in. I didn't care for that.

Agnes6 January 03, 2015

I visited Yardley Commons within the last year. Everything is perfect. The rooms are very big. I've tried their food several times, and it was very good. The dining area is very nice and pleasant. As for activities, they have a gym, physical therapy, a library, a computer room, and a shuttle bus to take you places you would like to go. I like the restaurant food probably the best from Yardley Commons

Glenn13 December 22, 2014

My sister has been in Yardley Commons for the last two months. I really like it. The people are nice. My sister is only 69, so most of the places wants you to be somewhat older, but she is able to get in. The staff is very nice and very helpful. The room is adequate. They placed new carpets and new cabinets, and it looks really nice.

The ground is clean, and it is in a nice neighborhood. They have activities like backgammon, computer classes, trips to Atlantic City, trips to the mall, and there is something happening every day. They have one nurse on call, but most of the people are ambulatory.

Glenn12 December 09, 2014

Yardley Commons was excellent. I had to say they have a nice facility there. Prices are very reasonable for what he gets, and if any place that’s the one place I would recommend for my friend to go to.

The only problem with the facility is that it is a little bit away from his place. He doesn’t quite want to move that far away, but if that was near where we live that would be the best fit. It’s wonderful, and they have a person that is a greeter there. She is a resident, but she serves as a host, and she did a wonderful job. The food was the best.

Cheryl35 June 30, 2014

Yardley Commons was wonderful. The staff was very accommodating. The showed us the kitchen, the apartments, and the grounds. Everything was 5-star. Of all the places that I saw, Yardley Commons had the best chef and the best food, and I would like to have lunch and dinner there every day because I wouldn't want to cook my food anymore. I would like a chef do that for me. However, my mother is not ready to move into a 350 square foot apartment or able to go down to dinner and socialize with people she doesn't know, because she's not social. If I could go there, I would. I would freaking sign up!

Mary83602850 June 27, 2014

My dad is at Yardley Commons. They have their own little apartments. My dad has what they would call a studio, so you go in and there's a storage closet, a little kitchenette, a refrigerator, a sink, and some cabinets. There is no microwave or stove in the room. Then it has a big open room that we have his living room furniture set up in and a single bed. He has his own private bathroom. They do all the meals: breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and there are snacks 24/7 set up in the dining room.

They have activities. Sunday and Wednesday is movie night. They go up to the television room and they watch movies together. They have an activities room where they have Wii. They play bingo. We're very satisfied with it right now. The staff has been very, very helpful. They've been very helpful to get my dad settled in.

Colleen13 May 20, 2014

I visited Yardley Commons after being referred there by a friend who has a relative living there. I was looking to relocate my 89 y.o. Mom to NJ. It was very nice & seemed to have many opportunities for involvement in activities. People seemed very friendly. The rooms were nice. I did not choose it for my Mom simply because I feel more comfortable having her in a facility that has assisted living capacity.

Caring75703150 January 31, 2014

Yardley Commons was one of the ones that were recommended to us. It was a very nice facility. It would certainly be one that I would consider. The only problem with it is that it's kind of far from where I live. That's one of the drawbacks. My sister and I got there at lunch time. At that time, we met some of their residents. Everyone was very friendly. It was very nice. We had lunch there and the food was very good that day. The staff was very friendly and very willing and enthusiast about helping us. I looked at their apartments. The living area and bedroom seemed perfectly adequate. Regarding activities, that day they had some poetry reading going on after lunch and that was very nice.

Valarie1 August 27, 2013

The reason why I considered Yardley Commons is because: the staff and the people who live there are friendly as well as the fact that the price is under $3,000. All of her meals are provided for and they had so many activities going on. My mom had a smaller unit, but it is nice and roomy, in fact she was able to: set up a queen size bed, two night tables, a couch, a dresser, a buffet, a TV and a small kitchen table inside.

Bird of Paradise September 30, 2012

After much comparison searching, I decided on Yardley Commons since it seemed to best suit my needs. Now, it's been a few years, and I, like many others her, am very displeased.

It's not only one problem, but the major one seems to be that they are beyond their capacity for efficiency. They often run out of food at meals. The public rooms are too small for the activities scheduled so many people have to miss events.

More recently, there has been an influx of new residents who are just not suited to community living. They are quite rude, I.e. crashing their power chairs into others "just to see if I could make you move," or completely without explanation ,and never apologizing for damage done to others.

The mangers are usually pleasant and "yes" you whenever you ask for something, but it never actually happens. They have been told numerous times about the shortage of food, but don"˜t seem to order more. Then, they start to argue with residents saying, "How often does it happen? Once a month?" It's actually several times per week, but do they think monthly is acceptable?

They treat everyone very well on the sales tours, but ask a resident FIRST!

From Yardley Commons

Yardley Commons is located in Voorhees, NJ, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to Yardley Commons for a visit...and stay!

Features of Yardley Commons

• Hiking trails

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Dining extra: Private dining room