Arcadia Place

1080 Arcadia Ave, Vista, CA, 92084

Reviews of Arcadia Place

Tony30 February 16, 2016

Arcadia Place is a dog friendly place. My mom has a dog, and they had a ground floor room available. Price was definitely a consideration. She only moved because the place she was in decided to jack up the price of the place $1,000 a month. She doesn’t want to leave but she doesn't have a choice. My mom likes the food.

Joan118498650 January 13, 2016

The people are very nice at Arcadia Place. It is very nice, but it needs a little fixing up with a little bit of paint and stuff like that. We had a nice lunch there.

Florence17 December 31, 2015

I am very pleased with Arcadia Place. The meals are very good and the people are friendly. Everything is well-managed. The staff are accommodating. I have a one bedroom apartment with a little kitchen, a living room, and a bathroom. They have all kinds of games, movies, and a lot of other different things. I would certainly recommend this facility.

Marie K. December 20, 2015

My parents were the ones that picked Arcadia Place. My dad passed away immediately, but my mother really likes it because it's an independent living facility rather than skilled nursing. They all seem very friendly and nice. The food seems fine; it's not great, but it's not bad either. My mom's happy, and she moved there five days before my dad died, so for me, it's a good experience. I like most of the staff; they're available when needed.

Bonnie117044850 November 30, 2015

The rooms at Arcadia Place were not as nice as at the other places. At the dining room, everybody was seated, then they come out and serve you; they don't serve you as you come, so we expected probably a good 30 minutes or more before food came to our table, and it depends on where you sit in the dining room. They start at one side and then goes to the other side. Everybody was very friendly there. The staff was very nice.

Caring112351450 August 22, 2015

Arcadia seemed fine, and their pricing was good, but for various reasons, I did not think this was a match for my mother-in-law. The apartments all had balconies or patios, and that seemed nice. The person I interacted with was very nice, helpful, and informative. I don't recall their activities now since it has been several months, but compared to the other places, there weren't as many. They didn't do as many things as other places did. I think it has it benefits for some people, and a lot of it would be on pricing because it is less expensive than other places.

Anne111116550 August 21, 2015

We visited Arcadia Place. I thought this place was great. It was bright and airy. The grounds were clean. The units were very beautiful. Unfortunately, for my mother, once she was there, she decided that she didn’t want to live in a community like that for the elderly. But personally, for myself, I thought it was a beautiful place. The services were great. The gentleman who provided us with the tour was very helpful, very informative, and provided us all the information we needed. We saw a one-bedroom, and it looked compact, but it was definitely spacious enough for somebody living on their own. We visited the dining area, and it was very spacious and airy. We saw the menu, and it looked like they had a good variety. They have a whole calendar of activities. They have yoga and movie nights. They have a computer room for the residents, and they also have a library. I would definitely recommend this community to others.

Ralph15 August 12, 2015

I had lunch with the woman that does the sales, and it was very good. I like the way it was laid out. The dining area was upstairs. They had a nice little recreation room, a library, different settings where you could sit for gatherings and talk with people, a nice little community room, and a nice gazebo in the middle of the complex where you could walk out to if you chose to. Parking seemed to be OK. My only complaint was that there's just not enough room when you're downsizing from a house. I am very impressed that I thought Arcadia was fairly reasonable. It was very nicely done, and there were very nice people there. I have no complaints with the managers that I spoke to. It was a little more relaxed atmosphere.

Anonymous110131650 July 06, 2015

My mom has been doing great at Arcadia Place. They go way beyond to make sure the residents are happy. I like the staff. It is very well laid out.

carolyn5012 April 27, 2015

Arcadia Place was a little more out in the country than many of the other places were, so it seemed a little more peaceful. The other thing is they allow animals, and that is important to us. It is independent, but they also have assisted living. They've got plenty of activities to choose from as many other places do, and many of them looked like they would be appealing to us. Another important aspect was their cost, which was lower than some of the other places.

Angela16 April 17, 2015

My mother chose Arcadia Place. The staff working there was very nice and very helpful. The rooms are nice, clean, and well taken care of. They have Bingo, exercises, trips, and places for them to walk around. They have good food, they have a chef, but my mother’s only complaint is she sometimes want a hamburger or pizza instead of a meal.

Caring101778050 January 18, 2015

Arcadia Place is newer. I thought it was nice. It had a couple of apartments that I liked. They have a fit center with bikes and things. I liked their activity room. The activity room is open and big, and a lot of people could get in there. It has a nice yard that you could go out and sit in. It has good parking as well. None of the rooms are large enough anywhere, but there is one there that is a little larger than usual. They had it decorated, and they had furniture in it. It was nice. They were painting parts of the place, and it looked like it kept up nicely. It also looks like it was clean as much as I can tell.

Jo Ann3 June 28, 2014

Arcadia Place was a good visit. I did not eat there, but they had a nice dining room. I wasn't all that impressed with their grounds. I mean, it was OK, but it was not anything spectacular. The only problem I had there was the fact that it was on two busy streets that come together, and I don't like that.

Caring86980150 June 18, 2014

My mom is very happy at Arcadia Place. We chose this place because I like the room, and I also like where it is located. It is convenient for us. It seems like the people there are very nice, and some of the people who live there are very happy. While we were there, food was fine. My mother, who loves to eat, says the food is OK. The dining area is very nice.

Cinda1 January 31, 2014

I found Arcadia Place online. We like it. It's a nice place. It just cost more than my parents could afford. The staff was very friendly and very helpful. They're very nice. They even have a doctor coming in. They have all kind of activities. They have movies, games, bingo night, yoga, and exercise classes. There's always something going on. We saw one studio apartment. I think it was average sized for a small studio but it was nice. The dining room was of good size. It looked very friendly. They all have tables for everybody. Everything was just clean and nice.

maria92592 October 24, 2012

We looked at several facilities. This one we visited by far was the best! From the very moment we entered we were met with smiles and they made my father feel welcomed. They were very family oriented and made it a point to introduce us to both residents and staffers alike from the kitchen to the mgmt. My father forgot to bring his walker and they were very curteous and provided a wheelchair for the tour. The had so ammenitites and services that it really made the whole experience more like a resort then a facility. We were very skeptical but very pleasantly surprised. We have since chosen then facility and my father not only has made many new friends and his health seems to improve being around such a caring facility. Arcadia Place has really made this change in my fathers life an easy one.

Jenna1 May 03, 2012

My Grandmother was unable to walk and required good care management (she was on a complex medication plan) so it was decided that she should be moved to an assisted living facility. She spent the last 2 years of her life at Arcadia Place. It was the first facility my aunt found and it ended up being perfect for my Grandmother.When I first visited her there, I expected a "depressed" environment. I was pretty surprised when I walked in to find a very different experience. The grounds were very lovely and inviting. The property was well taken care of (very clean and the landscaping was kept up). The lay out of the facility is really open and bright with a wide open space and big windows in the reception area. The staff at the front desk greeted us immediately and directed us to her room (even escorting us, which was really helpful considering it is a big facility). Her room was a studio, kind of small. But my Grandmother really didn't mind and it seemed to suit her just fine. We ended up spending the entire day there! The whole family joked that we didn't want to leave! It was so comfortable there and pleasurable. It was a beautiful sunny day out so we took her out to the picnic area and enjoyed a lively conversation. After that, we took her back inside for dinner (which we were invited by the staff to join). It was great. The food was really good (turkey dinner with all the trimmings). We took a walk through the facility to see a little more and loved that they had a piano in the recreation area. They also hosted live entertainment on the weekends for all of their residents. We noticed they aslo had a gift shop and beauty parlor in the building (which was such a neat feature). There were plenty of cozy rooms for families of residents to gather (main living area, game room, etc.). We were pretty happy to find a pool table as well. The furnishings are not brand bew, but still old fashioned in a very quaint way. What I really loved about Arcadia Place was that the facility truly exudes a tremendous amount of "life" (which you don't always expect to see at a senior home), making it a great place to retire and also for families to WANT to come visit. Nothing but good memories here.

sandy campbell August 27, 2009

I have never seen one of the living spaces but have been told by others that lived there that it was just wonderful. I have been there several times with my mother to go to a alzheimers caregiver group. The place is gorgeous and the staff are as friendly as can be. I really want to check out the living arrangements as soon as I get back to Vista.

From Arcadia Place

Arcadia Place is located in Vista, CA, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to Arcadia Place for a visit...and stay!

Features of Arcadia Place

• Hiking trails

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Dining extra: Private dining room