Walnut Park

4119 W Walnut Ave, Visalia, CA, 93277

Reviews of Walnut Park

Sydney5 March 09, 2016

I loved and was happy with Walnut Park, where my mom-in-law planned to live in June. The apartments were very nice, very clean, and very welcoming. We visited during Christmas season, so it was well decorated and homey. The staff really enjoyed their jobs. The residents were very happy doing different activities including exercise classes, watching TV, puzzles, and board games. The people seemed very friendly. They had a large room where you can entertain your family, or in the dining room, there was also a big table for your family to eat with you. The menu had a lot of choices. The lady who assisted me, Penny, was wonderful and very knowledeable. She showed me two different rooms and told me what each room has, including one room with different lighting where my mom-in-law can sew. She was not rushing me at all and took me everywhere to show me a lot of things. I felt really good about the experience. They had a big room with a very big TV where they can watch the Super Bowl and shows like that.

cherylsiegel January 14, 2016

Penny C. is very knowledgeable and congenial. We are in the process of making a decision for my mother once she has recovered from her upcoming surgery.

Hi Cheryl! I'm Katie, I work at Holiday Retirement Home Office. Thank you so much for your kind words. We know that choosing a senior living community can be a stressful time for seniors and their families, so we love hearing stories about Holiday associates who help make that transition a smoother one. Thank you again for taking the time to review Walnut Park and best of luck to your mom on her surgery and recovery. - Katie

Lynne26 October 29, 2015

It was a lovely environment. The staff was friendly and helpful. The dining facility was wonderful, and the rooms seemed ample. It looked a bit older with folks older than me. I’m still kind of young at 70, but if I didn’t have any problems with my memory, it seemed like a very nice place for me to be. A couple of other places did have variable dining hours; at Walnut, you have a particular time that you go, and then they don’t serve anything else until the next meal.

Anonymous113042650 September 30, 2015

The people and the staff were extremely friendly. They had their dinner at noon, and it was excellent. Walnut Park was beautiful, and the rooms were nice. They didn't have a stove that you could cook on really, but at least it looked better than the other place. It was very nice, well done up, and beautiful inside. As far as the grounds, there was no place to go out and sit. It was pretty, but there was no room outside to do anything. They have lots of activities. They have a little bit of cooking, a little bit of crafts, and programs. Except for the grounds, it was excellent.

Robbie3 August 09, 2015

Walnut Park was absolutely wonderful, but my sister is not yet sure if she is going to stay in California. The staff was marvelous. We then attended a function there with music and ordered foods and drinks, and it was really very nice. Everything we had there that day was delicious. It was clean, and the décor was quite nice as well as the rooms. I wish that she would stay there as it’s a wonderful facility.

April8 July 31, 2015

Walnut Park is a three-storey facility, and my mother is on the second floor. The third floor is where they have their dining room. A lot of other facilities when you walk in, their dining room is on the first floor, and it's not as private as this one. The staff is very friendly and very outgoing, and also the residents seem very happy there. They're respected and treated nicely. My mother has only been there going on a month now, and so far, she likes it. She hasn't had any issues whatsoever. Her room is clean, and they even replaced the carpet because there was a stain that didn't come out. They also come in and clean once a week and even change out her bed and wash her sheets if she wants that done. It's a very nice retirement community, so I would recommend it to anybody looking for that type of a community. There's a separate company that is there on-site that if you need additional services such as other care; they will provide that at an additional cost. As they get older, and their health deteriorates and they need more help, that company is there for them to purchase that care.

Dave37 July 21, 2015

Top of the list would be the management of Walnut Park and the food that is served, which seems both very important to my mom. We had lunch there, and it was very good. It was almost restaurant like. What we went ahead and got was the one-bedroom that was the model and, at that time, it was becoming available. It is a pretty good size and very well-laid out. I like how they had it laid-out. They have a number things and a calendar of events of what is happening during the week along with choices of meals and stuff they would hand out.

Rosemary18 May 17, 2015

We like Walnut Park. The rooms and apartments are very nice. They also have very nice people and very good food. It is exactly what my mother-in-law needs. The dining room is like a restaurant. They have gym classes, and they take the residents to other places. They also have a bus service three days a week to go wherever they want to go. They have a library. They have a lot of entertainment, and they play bingo.

Caring98089050 May 13, 2015

I had lunch and looked at the apartments at Walnut Park. It was the best, and it had wonderful activities. They did have some exercise equipment. It is independent living, but you can have people come in and help you as much as needed. That's a good option, and you pay extra for that. They had a beautiful lunch room. Everybody was friendly, and the people that lived there looked happy. The staff were very friendly. The servers of dinner and lunch were very outgoing, attentive, and personable. It was a beautiful facility. Only one drawback was they didn't have a lot of outdoor area to walk around. They had balconies, and the kitchen area looked nice. The room -- although it was small -- had a walk-in shower that didn't have anything you could trip on and wasvery safe. I would recommend that everyone go and see it.

AmiR4663 December 13, 2011

This is an independent retirement community with 3 stories. The grounds are always maintained with lots of greenery and colorful flowers. There are ample walking areas around the facility and patients are able to walk to nearby for shopping, although they do offer scheduled group outings. The activity calendar has lots of activities. The apartments are very nice with small balconies. The second story houses the dining room with luxurious dining chairs. They have one of the best communal gathering areas. The library had ample books and magazines. The activity area had lots of tables and comfy furniture for watching movies. I was especially impressed with the enthusiasm of my tour guide. She was transparent enough to let me know that they had implemented a lock-down because four of the residents had become ill. In order to contain the illness, meals were being served in patient rooms. Things were a little hectic, but my guide took time to give me a tour and to stress that I bring in my loved one for a complimentary meal and tour. This is owned by a large national corporation and a resident is able to stay at other facilities as a guest for a small fee when they travel; great benefit.

From Walnut Park

Walnut Park is located in Visalia, CA, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to Walnut Park for a visit...and stay!

Features of Walnut Park