The Bonaventure

Overview of Ratings

4.4

November 05, 2015

By Elaine33

I went to visit The Bonaventure, and I saw that it was a lovely place. It was very clean, and the people were very nice as well. They do have different activities planned for the residents.

October 28, 2015

By Jackie45

We've got my mother at The Bonaventure as of August 11th. The facility had exactly what I needed. The location was good for us, and the staff is good. They have organized activities, games and exercise, three meals a day, church, a beauty parlor on the premises, and a workout room. She is in a one-bedroom, which is great. I've eaten one meal there when I toured the place, and I thought it was OK, but my mom is happy with it, and that's the important thing.

October 28, 2015

By Skippy1

The Bonaventure was nice but not as nice as any other retirement communities. It's a little dated and worn. The rooms were OK -- large but not too modern -- and could be improved. The staff was nice, so was the dining room. Overall, they should do more inside renovation of the rooms and the hallways.

Hi, I'm Katie, I work at Holiday Retirement's Home Office. Thank you for your sincere review - I appreciate you pointing out this specific area of opportunity. I've passed it on to our Resident Relations team for their review. Thanks again, Katie

August 27, 2015

If I were going to choose a place for my mother-in-law, it would be The Bonaventure. I really liked that place. The prices were very good. Everything seemed good. The cafeteria was very nice. They would leave you alone if you wanted to be left alone. If you needed assistance, they had some people on site that you could pay extra for, and they would come in and do what was needed. She was a diabetic, and at some point she could not handle her own shots, but they would do that for her. That was mostly what I liked about it.

August 22, 2015

By Deborah112106250

I visited them a couple of years ago. It was another situation where they have no outside space. I didn't like that and neither did my parents. The rooms were OK. They generally did not have an area for a kitchen, so you were really dependent on their dining room. Bonaventure was structured dining between this hour and this hour for the three meals, and there was very little capability unless you went up to the highest price. For the price that my parents could afford, they probably couldn't even have a hot plate. It would be very difficult with the way it was configured. You have to go to the very top price to be able to have any area to have a little refrigerator or anything. I don't remember if they had balconies, but they did not have like a garden or anywhere to sit outside. They had a lot of activities, and they had a couple of activity rooms, so I was happy with that part. They had a big library, which my parents liked because they were big readers. We tried the food, but this was so long ago, and I wrote a complaint about it. I don't know what the problem was, but they ran out of food, and we were served very last. When you are trying to woo someone, they should be first. My mom is a very high maintenance person, and she was freaking out because she needed to get home to feed her cat, so she was flipping out, and it was very tense. We sat there for about 45 minutes before we got I think it was like warmed up chicken finger sticks or something, and everyone else had roast chicken, so I can't really judge the food. I just know that they made a mistake if they wanted to woo prospective residents. The staff was very nice and very accommodating. They really sat for a long time trying to figure out how to work with my parents' budget. One thing that is nice about the Bonaventure, some of the rooms as I remember do have the ocean view, which a lot of people really like. You can actually see the ocean, and it was a pretty view. Both sides were a really pretty view because you either look at the mountainside or the ocean, so the atmosphere was very nice.

April 27, 2015

By David105273850

I really like Bonaventure, but I haven’t decided to move in there and get to that point. I just like the facility better; I like the quality appeals. I talked to quite a few of the tenants, and they were overwhelmed with it -- how nice it is, how clean it is, and how good the staff is. They have a full schedule of activities, and of all the ones that I looked at, I was very impressed with it; that’s why I have decided to have to go there. The dining area was beautiful, and the rooms were absolutely fine. I have a small dog, and downstairs they have patio access.

February 26, 2015

By Bobbi9

I love The Bonaventure in Ventura. It was a beautiful place to live. The air was clean, and there was lots of green grass. The place was very high class. The staff was very nice, and they have nice rooms. Everything was great, but I don't think I'm going there because of the price. They are very good though.

February 11, 2015

By Barbara93863850

The Bonaventure is where my mother ended up. I chose it because the price was right, and it was a clean and very nice facility. The staff is great. It is sort of luxurious, beautiful appointment, brand new facility -- just very nice. They have a number of available units that are available at all different costs. They are also geared for taking care of people and looking out for their needs. It is just a very caring facility, it's very beautifully groomed, and everything is very nice. The food is good.

November 01, 2014

By Betty101147950

My visit at Bonaventure was great. They have a gentleman's club, and they would go to Hooters once a week. Their rooms were really great. Their dining room was great. The staff was great too.

December 13, 2013

By Lori19

The facility was really nice and the staff was very friendly. They answered all of our questions and gave us a nice tour at The Bonaventure. The location is nice as well as the rooms and they were of adequate size. We went at lunch time and the food looked really good. It's near shopping and restaurants and they have their own transportation for doctor's appointment.

September 26, 2013

By Mark23

My brother is at Bonaventure. It's a modern facility. The staff seemed friendly and helpful. The rooms were comfortable and well maintained. I would definitely recommend this facility to others.

September 12, 2013

By Kathy47

The whole place looked light and inviting. They had balconies and patios, which were very nice. It appeared pleasant and it's a place I would probably go to, if I had to. However, they allowed smoking and I would be miserable if I got next door with somebody who smoked.

Photos of The Bonaventure

Features of The Bonaventure

• Dining Extra: Private Dining Room

• Hiking Trails

About The Bonaventure

The Bonaventure is located in Ventura, CA, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to The Bonaventure for a visit...and stay!

Map of The Bonaventure