The Venetian Gardens

1450 Venice East Blvd, Venice, FL, 34292

Reviews of The Venetian Gardens

John116025050 November 30, 2015

The Venetian Gardens was much too large and not intimate enough. However, the atmosphere was very nice, very friendly, and warm. The staff seemed very caring. They would take me to appointments for dentists and doctors or shopping. The rooms that I saw were very nice. I think all had private baths, which impressed me.

rocky100 November 13, 2015

We had a confirmed appointment for lunch and a tour. No one was there to greet us. A dining room server found us a seat at a table. Later the admissions director joined us. We were shown the various apartments but not any of the activity areas, the office, health room or pool. She did not have a calendar of activities or a print out of the floor plans. Our visit was disappointing. THE 4 STARS IS BECAUSE IT IS A BEAUTIFUL, CLEAN FACILITY.

Anonymous115728550 November 10, 2015

The Venetians seemed to be very clean. The staff was very nice and seemed to be very caring. The dining room looked very nice, too. The apartments are small and have quite a few amenities.

anonymous115078650 October 30, 2015

Everything was positive in Venetian Gardens, and what I saw was very nice. I’m just not ready to go. Everything is excellent.

Anonymous118708350 October 28, 2015

I visited Venetian Gardens. They have refrigerators but do not have stoves in their apartments. They have one stove for the whole neighborhood. I liked the beautiful setting and the neighborhood. They had just about the same activities as other places I visited like bridge, exercise, card games, a Scrabble room, a book club, etc. It was a very pretty place.

Caring113215850 September 29, 2015

I visited The Venetian Gardens. The staff was wonderful. They took me around the facility, which was beautiful. I was extremely impressed by it, just the cleanliness of it and the great atmosphere. It was really a good visit. The dining room was beautifully set up with a beautiful staircase that goes up to the second floor. The luncheon was excellent. There were two choices of the set meal for the day and then the optional meal, and those were wonderful. I was very impressed with this facility.

Caring113134750 September 20, 2015

We went to The Venetian Gardens, and it was nice. It was more for somebody who doesn?t need more care, so it doesn?t fit my mother's needs, but I am sure for someone else it would be a good facility.

Caring111303450 August 09, 2015

We visited The Venetian Gardens. The facility was nice. The rooms were nice sized. They had swimming pools, exercise, cards, and shuttle service. The food was good, and they had an excellent menu -- more choices. They were caring.

Albert11 July 29, 2015

My first impression of The Venetian Gardens was that it was a quiet neighborhood, and it's the kind of neighborhood that you could consider riding a bicycle at even at an advanced age without being killed. It was safe, grassy and green, and quite pretty. The food looked good, but it had a pretty ordinary taste. The people seemed to be happy being there. You're generally expected to go downstairs and sit on the table with other people, but there is another option in which you might come down perhaps an hour late, there'd be a little window where you could go get somebody to serve you from the kitchen with what is available. There were also small public kitchens, so that people who wished to cook a meal for themselves could do so. I was pleased, but it's more than I need or want.

caring2400 April 13, 2015

We've got my mom all situated by now. She is in the same place that she was in before, but she seems to be doing very well. She is in Venetian Gardens, and it is a beautiful place. They just have problems with their labor -- a lot of their maids walked off the last couple of weeks, so the management has been doing the cleaning. They just got some problems like that. But, I think, it is a good value for the price. They have exercises everyday, and they even have line dancing classes. They have a lot of stuff; every week there is something different. There is plenty of stuff to do if you want to do it.

Caring104070350 April 03, 2015

We had lunch at The Venetian Gardens, and it was excellent. The rooms were very nice. You imagine you had been at a cruise ship. The staff was good. They had entertainment when we were there; someone was playing a piano and singing.

Janet100402150 February 19, 2015

We researched places close to where my mother-in-law's home is located. The Venetian Gardens is a retirement community. The staff that was working there were helpful. Their apartments were very nice and very spacious. The food was very good, and their dining room is very nice and large. They have entertainment, and they take them on trips. They have crafts, and they have a little kitchen downstairs where the residents bake or make a special dish. They have bingo, and they have anything you want. The apartments impressed me the most because they are very nice. They lock the doors at eight o'clock, and the residents have a card to swipe if they left. I was very pleased.

Dell1 January 12, 2015

We like The Venetian Gardens. My girlfriend moved into this facility. She is so happy to be there. The staff is so friendly. When I went back to help her get everything set up, they remembered my name. It was just great. The facility is not as glamorous as the other facility, but what I like about it is that it has such a homey feeling. You can have a microwave in your kitchen, and you have a refrigerator but no cooking facility, which is great. Here you go down for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. My friend doesn't really get served until 1 because it has become a social hour. Everybody in the dining room is talking, walking around, and visiting people before the food comes. It is a friendly place. They have the most beautiful hallways. It is well lit with hand rails. All three floors have beautiful paintings. There is a grand piano on the main floor. They also have a facility in the dining room if you want to have your own party and invite family. Also they have a beautiful swimming pool. The views are beautiful. I really love this place. I have eaten there three times now. They have delicious food. They have two entrees at lunch time. Not only do you have those two choices, you have the secondary choices, e.g., chef's salad, hamburger, hotdog, etc. They have fresh fruits everyday. What I like about The Venetian Gardens is that they have a covered walkway as you entered the buildings and lots of rocking chairs. People are out there talking away.

Lisa100562150 January 04, 2015

We like Venetian Gardens very much; it was excellent and beautiful. There’s a non-stop stimulation and entertainment for the residents. The food is wonderful; we ate lunch there and really enjoyed it. It’s great; they have a swimming pool and all sorts of activities on a regular basis.

It’s beautiful; you feel like you’re on a plantation. It’s just been gorgeous living; it's very clean, nice, and very luxurious. It’s a very nice place for elderly people to live, to engage, just be together, and enjoy each other’s company. The staff went above and beyond to accommodate us.

Caring85907650 June 19, 2014

The Venetian Gardens is a very nice place. It's a two-story building with nice grounds. The staff showed us around, and they were very knowledgeable, and they even invited us back again. The rooms were very nice and very well laid out. Their dining room was very nice, too. Their activities are very good, and I would rate this facility highly.

Caring63699650 February 28, 2014

I like The Venetian Gardens. In fact, I thought about moving in there about three months ago. We went there maybe five times. My house was only about a mile and a half away from there. The food was good. There is nothing wrong with The Venetian Gardens, I just felt like at that time I wasn't ready yet to move in. There, if you need assisted living, you have to move out.

Joe20 December 20, 2013

Venetian Gardens is only 17 miles from where I live in Sarasota and I'm able to spend time with my brother because he's 90 years old. The building is only five years old and it's almost a very upscale community. It's small for only about 80 people. He had the best room of the building, he has vaulted ceilings and wrap-around windows. The staff is extremely friendly. They offer to do all kinds of things and it's working out just fine. They put a menu on the table first thing in the morning for all three meals and there are multiple choices and they can even accommodate special requests, if needed. They have bingo every night, movies Thursday nights, happy hour Friday nights, Saturday outside entertainment brought in to entertain them, singers and lead guitarists and so on. The service for getting in and out of town with the bus is excellent. My brother is very, very happy.

Doris14 September 26, 2013

I visited the Venetian Gardens for me and my husband. The staff is all very nice. I like the idea of the villa because the place is more private and you can have more time for yourself if you want it. I really like the place.

John39 May 11, 2013

The staff at The Venetian Gardens were very nice and welcoming. There were nurses available 24/7, so you felt secured. The facility was more upscale than the others and the rooms were larger as well. They had an exercise room, tv room and rooms where residents could do crafts. The residents were offered three choices for each meal. However, the price was too high for me.

Donna H. June 23, 2011

It is a new facility and the furnishings and paint in the common areas, reflect that. The management staff, and wellness staff couldn't be more helpful. My parents have been residing there, just under a year and are happy with the food, amenities, and the fact there is a driver to take them shopping when they don't feel like using their car. I would recommend that it be checked out by folks looking for a nice clean, friendly place, close to shopping and I75.

From The Venetian Gardens

The Venetian Gardens is located in Venice, FL, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to The Venetian Gardens for a visit...and stay!

Features of The Venetian Gardens

• Hiking trails

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Dining extra: Private dining room