Aston Gardens at Pelican Pointe | Independent Living

1000 Aston Gardens Drive, Venice, FL, 34292

Top nearby Independent Living Communities

Reviews of Aston Gardens at Pelican Pointe | Independent Living

Caring111013150 July 31, 2015

We had lunch at Aston Gardens, and it was excellent. The dining area was extremely nice. We had no qualms about the place. It was easy to go around. They had medical facilities that they provided. They had transportation. The apartments were very nice. We only saw one, but it was big enough for use except that the lanai was very small. Other than that, the kitchen was beautiful because most of the people there still had the old-fashioned electric rings on the stove. They activities like swimming. They had a putting green there. We were really excited about it. We could go there without a doubt. However, the day we were there, the policy was that men had to wear long pants in the dining room after 4 o'clock, which did not appeal to me because I did not even own a pair of long pants. I found out a week later from friends that we referred there that that was changed and they could now wear shorts at dinner. You could have a continental breakfast and a dinner or a lunch, not both, but there was enough food for the people. You could take a doggie bag up and have it that night if you wanted. It was very close to a public supermarket. You could walk there.

The staff was very nice. We had a good feedback from other people we knew, and they loved it. From, what I had seen, I would recommend it to others. If you were walking from the outside into the building, the door would automatically open for you.

Caring110174550 July 15, 2015

My parents were in Aston Gardens before. It was very nice. The staff was just fine, but it was independent living, so there wasn't a lot of interaction.

Hello, We do appreciate your feedback and will look into this. However I am confused on 2 things if you could help me with. 1) Does this person reside here at Pelican Pointe? 2) What type of interaction do you mean? We would be happy to discuss these.

Anonymous110624250 July 15, 2015

Aston Gardens at Pelican Pointe was a beautiful place. The people were very accommodating and helpful. They have a really nice dining room. They have discussion groups, exercises classes, parties, and concerts. It was clean and well kept.

Ann108044050 June 16, 2015

We visited Aston Gardens. The people were very well informed, very friendly, and cooperative. They were very helpful with the inquiries. The facility was extremely well set up. It was beautiful, and it had beautiful grounds. It was very nice because it had the three levels of care -- independent living, assisted living and memory care. The apartments were very well planned out. We had lunch, and the food was excellent. They did a wonderful job. It was a very good experience. They had a wide variety of activities, and they also offered transportation to doctor appointments and churches. The daily calendar was very well put together. It is a very superior facility.

Caring107016350 May 17, 2015

I like Aston Gardens at Pelican Pointe. It’s clean, and its location is excellent. Some of their residents were asked to be ambassadors and talked to us about how wonderful the facility was. They serve three meals a day. I also like the fact that you can have a small dog, and you get a first floor place.

Dell1 January 12, 2015

We like the Aston Gardens. It was so beautiful. They do have covered walkways to apartment buildings. So if it is raining, you could walk and not get wet, but if you don't want to walk to the main building where the dining room is, they'll come with a golf cart to take you to the front door and drive you back if you don't want to walk or if you can't walk. The dining room was absolutely elegant. The food was delicious. The waiters and waitresses were very polite. The apartments were gorgeous. You have a kitchen nicer than my kitchen now, e.g., granite counters, all the appliances you could possibly want, and nice cupboard space. All the units have a small lanai. Each unit had its own washer and dryer, and that is a great feature. The hallways were well lit. They have a beautiful swimming pool, a beautiful outdoor Jacuzzi, and beautiful palm trees all around. Aston Gardens was gorgeous.

Reni1 September 01, 2014

Services here at Aston Gardens are excellent. My apartment is spacious yet cozy. The housekeeping staff is courteous, pleasant and mostly effecient. The dining room is a beautiful place to enjoy various food served attractively by attentive staff. There are many enjoyable activities, games and lectures to keep me busy and interested. As needed, there is medical help, transportation to my doctors, security and a "fix-it" squad as well.

Emma11 September 01, 2014

Fun and happiness are yours at Aston Gardens. There is something for everyone here and happiness are yours for the taking. We have our own mini city and cononveniences such as a bank and a beauty parlor. We also have many social activities, shows, concerts and etc. Meals are provided beautiful dining room. Plus, all transportation is provided.

Cecile2 September 01, 2014

Among the things I enjoy in Aston Gardens the most are the camaraderie and companionship with everyone, the activities, food, and the carefree lifestyle. Here, we have no home to take care of and things are done for us. What more could I say? I existed in Georgia. Now, I am living in Aston Gardens!

Donald25 September 01, 2014

After looking into fourteen independent living complexes, we chose Aston Gardens as the one that met our needs the best. After living here for nineteen months, we still believe that we made the right choice at the right time. We have made many new friends, have partaken in many activities, and have felt at home. We recommend living in this place and be surrounded with a caring and friendly staff.

Mary98230250 September 01, 2014

The employees in Aston Gardens are friendly, helpful and good. All workers go to the extreme for your comfort. The buildings and apartments are in good condition. I cannot state anything negative regarding the place. I am so happy to be here!

Dorothy98220850 September 01, 2014

From the gatekeepers, cart drivers, maintenance men, clubhouse staff and security personnel of Pelican Pointe, they all deserve appreciation. I feel safe, secure and I love living here. A big thank you to you all!

Caring3296 August 05, 2014

My father was in independent living at Ashton Gardens. Ashton Gardens was great. He had a wonderful apartment with a nice kitchen, a microwave, and a dishwasher, which he never used. He also had washer and dryer in the apartment. There was a lot of entertainment. The dining room was luxurious. Everything was really wonderful. The relationship between the residents and the staff was very good. The only thing I didn't like was that if for some reason a resident couldn't get down to dinner, they charged $7 to bring up the food up. If he can't make it and you have somebody to go pick it up, it is $4.

Don36 July 29, 2014

I looked at Aston Gardens and decided to keep looking. The staff seemed confident and pleasant. They offer many activities, like games and trips. However, the rooms were small.

Caring85336050 July 20, 2014

Aston Gardens is clean and friendly, but the food is absolutely terrible. It is bland and tasteless, and they do not have provision for any special diet. It has many amenities that I really liked, but I cannot live there because of the food. They have a pool, fieldtrips, and companionship. My friend who lives there is very happy.

Caring85907650 June 19, 2014

I visited Aston Gardens, and it's a very nice facility. They have a wide selection with regard to their apartments. We did not eat there, but we saw their dining room, and it was very nice. They have activities, and they gave very good information on what things were going on. They have game rooms and pool. They also go on short trips. Overall it was good. I have no complaints about the place.

Caring63699650 February 28, 2014

I drive by Aston Gardens at Pelican Pointe all the time. It was a nice-looking place. They also have assisted living. It looked nice and I thought it would be a nice place to live. The rooms that I saw were nice; however, the people that showed me around didn't really impress me like they wanted us.

threekids July 24, 2013

I looked for many places for my relatives in Sarasota County and Aston Gardens is by far the best. It is clean, well-run, staffed by experienced professionals, and everybody looks well-taken care of and happy. The dining room is lovely and elegant with a friendly staff. If anything needs repairing, someone is quickly at the door. It is a quality place and the price is right.

Edward6 June 26, 2013

I am currently staying at Aston Gardens. The staff is very congenial. The food is fine. The room is very good. The surround is well maintained and clean.

Katniss May 31, 2013

Aston Gardens is very new and upscale. They would have buses to take them shopping and to their doctors. But you could still be independent and have your car there. They had big, big units. They had a nice dining room, a bar, a little library and an exercise room. They have a calendar of events with classes and field trips. It's one of the best around the area.

pennell79 September 29, 2011

I visited Aston Gardens last year and was very impressed. The apartments give you the feel of independence that makes the residence feel comfortable. They have a very nice dining area that gives the feel of a nice restaurant more than a cafeteria. All the staff members that I encountered were very friendly and sincere. I work at a local hospital and have spoken with many residence and they speak very highly of this facility. I found it to be very clean with very cool Mediterranean architecture. There was a very nice pool area and several residents were pool side. The layout of this facility makes it very easy to move from one building to the next. There is a real sense of community here. While I was visiting a relative, 2 different people came by to check in since my car didn't look familiar. This made me feel like the place was very safe. They also had fence (and gate) around the complex and visible security.

About Aston Gardens at Pelican Pointe

Aston Gardens at Pelican Pointe is an independent living community in Venice, FL designed for seniors, normally 55+, who are able to care for themselves and wish to live independently. Contact Aston Gardens at Pelican Pointe for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Aston Gardens at Pelican Pointe

• Internet in residents' rooms

• Housing extra: Villa
  • Companion suites: We do not offer companion suites

• Pool
  • Shared space where residents can host parties

• Some residents have in-room full kitchens (including oven, etc.)

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Wii sports competition

• We charge an entry fee
  • Fee structure extra: Community Fee: $2,500

• 24 hour nurses: We have 24 hour nurses.

• Minimum age: 55

• We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of Aston Gardens at Pelican Pointe