Illahee Hills

8308 Colby Pkwy, Urbandale, IA, 50322

Reviews of Illahee Hills

Scott866818 June 10, 2016

I went to Illahee Hills and thought it was excellent. The people working there were fantastic. People can be really nice when they’re trying to sell you something, but they seemed authentic and very knowledgeable. The gal that we worked with, and her husband who works there also, was very knowledgeable. They had a workout room and a beautiful, elegant dining area. The food was excellent and chef prepared. I noticed some activities, but my dad would probably do his own thing and socialize, depending on if he really hits it off with somebody. He’s not one of those people who’s looking for activities, but it did appear that there was quite a lot going on. They had a nice room for entertaining if you had somebody come to visit, and a private dining room that you could use whenever you want. If you stay in one of their facilities anywhere in the country, then you can travel and stay there for free and eat for free. I thought that was a good benefit if you like to travel, and he still likes to travel. It seemed affordable, not super expensive yet a very nice place with beautiful grounds. They seemed like they would adapt to your personal situation like if you wanted your food brought to your room, or if you need assistance of different kinds.

Carol117179950 November 30, 2015

I like Illahee Hills a lot, but it is a little expensive. They had people that come in and change our beds and clean our apartments once a week. We have TV in our room, but we don’t have a Wi-Fi. We don’t have a kitchenette, just a little refrigerator, sink, a counter, and cupboards. We don’t have a stove. The staff are very nice, and it is a very clean community. They accommodate my strict diet requirements. If they are eating bread, I will just bring down my Gluten-free bread, and they will fix my sandwich up.

Anonymous118764050 October 29, 2015

My mom is in Illahee Hills. It is clean. The personnel are helpful. We like the meals. They are very good. We like the rooms. She had a one-bedroom unit that is very nice. The price is competitive. They have a bus that will take them to appointments. She likes bingo, the ice cream socials, and the entertainment. Sometimes they have people that come in to sing and do things like that. She likes more activities.

Joyce100013450 January 30, 2015

I am in Illahee Hills. I liked it, and everything is fine. I have a one-bedroom apartment, and it is very nice. I am doing therapy three times a week. They have ice cream socials twice a week. They have puzzles and live entertainment here. There is a zoo, and they will be bringing some live animals on Saturday. They provide three meals a day, and the food is very good. It is in a nice location. It is very nice and very clean.

Wilma5 November 29, 2014

I looked at Illahee Hills Urbandale, and the facility is very nice. The rooms are nice as well. They have three meals a day, activities, and transportation. The rooms are spacious, and I haven’t heard anything negative about this place.

Caring96133650 July 19, 2014

Illahee Hills was located in one of the better parts of the town. I placed a friend there in the aide and assistance from the VA.The building was excellent. It was a newer facility. They had a microwave and a refrigerator in the room, but most of the meals were served in the general dining room. Everybody ate in the central dining area. I had lunch there a couple of times and the food was good. The staff was very good, and my friend really liked the manager.

Dorothy37 February 28, 2014

I thought Illahee Hills was very good. The staff was good. They've invited us back two or three times. They have many activities. They had Jeopardy, pool, play cards.

Caring73606050 November 22, 2013

Illahee Hills was beautiful. My experience during my visit there was great. I enjoyed the tour. The facility was beautifully maintained. Their units were very nice and they seemed to be pretty adequate. The living rooms were big, the bedrooms could be a little better but they weren't too bad, and the bathrooms were decent. Overall, I say they're pretty nice. We tried their food and it was pretty decent. They did have activities for their residents. They have a beautiful library, a big screen TV and a screening room for sports and movies, lots of games in the recreation room. They also have puzzles, exercise, etc. They have everything. They also have transportation to doctors' appointments.

From Illahee Hills

Illahee Hills is located in Urbandale, IA, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to Illahee Hills for a visit...and stay!

Features of Illahee Hills