Senior Star at Woodland Terrace

9524 E. 71St St., Tulsa, OK, 74133

Reviews of Senior Star at Woodland Terrace

Barbara102961150 February 26, 2015

Everybody seemed very content and happy at Woodland Terrace. They had a nice entryway and a nice dining area. The apartments seemed to be sufficient. The person that gave me the tour was very knowledgeable and polite, and they seemed to be happy in their positions. The people seemed very content. They came and went, and some were out walking. The lounge area had some people in it, they were talking to each other, and there was a table where some people were playing some cards when I was there.

Joe49 December 22, 2014

Senior Star at Woodland Terrace was very nice. The staff was also very nice. We got follow-up calls from them, I explained all that happened, and they were just happy that my mom found somewhere. The dining area was very nice. There was no odor at all. It was very well-maintained, and they had a lot of activities.

Caring94721650 November 30, 2014

We put mom over at Woodland Terrace. Everybody was so friendly even down to the kitchen staff. The pastor that we know did a bible study there. We got an apartment that’s right across from the activity room. She was participating in exercises and all these things she wasn’t doing before. They have Bingo, they have various parties, movies, and crafts for thanksgiving. Mom is really happy with it. They take them to the doctor, shopping, to the post office, and they will even take mom to her church on Sundays. They have nurses on staff, and they’re available for everybody that needs help.

Iris4 August 29, 2014

I chose Woodland Terrace for two main reasons. It was very close to my home and they're locally owned. They have a lot of staff members with longevity, meaning the staff has been there a long time, which tells them they're satisfied with the organization or else they wouldn't stay. That means it's well-run.

Arthur7 August 07, 2014

My brother-in-law is 95 years old has a little bit of dementia. Woodland Terrace took care all of his needs. It's a nice place. It's in more of a business area rather than in a community. But 71st Street is very nice. It's one of the main shopping centers in east Tulsa. The food is very good. They have a dietitian and the cook is very good. I've eaten there several times. They have a lot of activities for their seniors. They have bands that come in as well as a preacher; they have all kinds of birthday parties and activities for the seniors there.

Susan79075350 June 30, 2014

I thought that Senior Star at Woodland Terrace was very welcoming. The people were pleasant. It seemed to be very well-organized. I had a meal with them; the food was fine, and the portions were good. I was very impressed. I liked it.

August216 December 02, 2013

Senior Star at Woodland Terrace is the place I liked the best because it’s smaller. This is beautiful. They have one and two bedrooms and a studio apartment. There are things going on. The staff is nice. I had lunch there, the food and dining area were pretty good. The best thing about this place is it’s next door to my favorite restaurant.

Caring73721950 November 22, 2013

Senior Star was not so good. I didn't like the smell of it. It smelled like a nursing home and urine. When we were there, they were ready to serve supper and I didn't like the way they made all the seniors that were in wheelchairs and walkers wait in line instead of letting them go in and sit down and wait for the meals. There was a long line of people. However, the people seemed happy enough. They didn't offer us a meal. But they gave us cookies before we leave.

Mari3 October 23, 2013

I found a place for my dad in Woodland Terrace. He's been living there for two months. I had two referrals from very good friends of mine who have placed their loved ones there. It's a fabulous place, it's not brand new but it's kept up to date. They were very good in helping that it would be a good fit and it made me more at ease. The people are fantastic there. They went over and above and I couldn't be happier. There was clearly a more welcoming vibe in Woodland

Linda63919450 June 25, 2013

I really liked Woodland Terrace a lot although it's a smaller facility, this place is closer to me. I took my mom there. They have lots of activities both inside and outside of the place.

From Senior Star at Woodland Terrace

Woodland Terrace is an independent living and retirement living community in Tulsa, Oklahoma. At Woodland Terrace, we share a common goal with every family who walks through our doors: we want the very best for our seniors. Decades of experience has shown us that giving "our all", frankly, isn't enough. At Woodland Terrace, our seniors must be on board, too ... experiencing the possibilities, reaching their potential, and living each day to its fullest. We see it as our responsibility (and great privilege) to provide the opportunities and inspiration for our residents to embrace senior living and thrive in their new lifestyle at Woodland Terrace.

Through the years, we at Woodland Terrace have identified many facets of healthy living that contribute to our residents' total well-being, such as environmental, nutritional, physical, spiritual, mental, and emotional factors. When we put them into action, they work together to keep the twinkle in the eye of our residents. We call this our LAUGH philosophy: Living And Understanding Greater Health. It works in many ways through our Senior Star Living communities, like Woodland Terrace. Participating in a brain fitness class may contribute to more than mental well-being by building new social relationships and prolonging independence. Breaking bread together in our dining room may nourish more than the body when you consider the lively conversation and positive atmosphere. Our attractive and bright individual residences can provide more than a safe environment when embellished with cherished belongings, personal mementos, and even the companionship of a small pet. Laughter, after all, is the best medicine. At Woodland Terrace, it all adds up to happier seniors in a healthier community.

Like you, we want the very best for our seniors. Our LAUGH philosophy helps us achieve this together at Woodland Terrace.

Features of Senior Star at Woodland Terrace

• Shared space where residents can host parties

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Some residents have in-room full kitchens (including oven, etc.)

• Arts, woodworking, craft