Town Village Tulsa

8222 South Yale Avenue, Tulsa, OK, 74137

Top nearby Independent Living Communities

Reviews of Town Village Tulsa

Anonymous114293950 October 29, 2015

My mother is in Town Village Tulsa now. It is strictly independent. We feel it is average. They prepare meals, which are better than above average. They also have health care available on site, so if the need arises, you have nurses attend the patient or occupants. That is a big benefit. The room is very nice. It is redone just before she moves in. It is very quiet, very clean, and she is very comfortable there. The neighborhood is very nice. There is a Walgreens within walking distance of the facility, so they can go there if they need any prescription. It is in a nice area. There is walking trail around a large pond that is adjacent to the facility, so if they want to go out and do some walking, they can walk around that trail. The area is very nice. They have a daily activity guide that they can follow. They have things like line dancing, bingo, cards, and billiards. They have a movie theater, where they show movies periodically. They have bridge or different card game groups that play different card games together. They also have a workout room, where they have some type of stretching or yoga classes. They also have some workout equipment as well. I will recommend it.

Anonymous109948750 July 06, 2015

I went to Town Village Tulsa. They had flexible meal schedule, which I think was great. The apartments were bigger. The dining room was very nice. The staff was very friendly and very helpful. The marketing staff was very good.

Caring101406750 February 11, 2015

My father chose Town Village. It is very impressive. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful. The rooms are not furnished, so you will bring your own bed, as it is an independent living facility. They have some very small rooms around 450 square feet, and then they actually have very large ones. They also have two bedroom and two bath apartments there. It is the one that we are both excited for him to live in.

Caring0897 July 27, 2014

We lived at Town Village for 3 years. The reason we stayed there was the food. They had a chef, and we had eaten there before. They had several menus you could choose from. As the years went by, their food went downhill. It was pretty much catered at the end. It was nice. I really liked the spaciousness of the place. It has probably the biggest and the nicest dining room. The apartments we stayed in seemed bigger too. They probably had 3 or 4 elevators in the building, so there’s plenty of access in getting around, more than in some of the others.

Carol83322450 June 30, 2014

My mom is at Town Village Tulsa. She likes it. She says the food is wonderful. Everybody is very nice. The staff is wonderful, sweet, and helpful. She likes her apartment, and she likes her therapist. They have activities like games and outings. They have dances going on, choirs, and they have some people come in to perform, and my mom likes that. It's exactly what she's looking for at a price she can afford. I would recommend it to anybody who is looking for a place.

Susan79075350 June 30, 2014

I thought the Town Village Tulsa was pretty awesome. It was a very awesome experience. The people were very polite. It was very nice. The person who showed me around and two others who lived there, the four of us chattered; they were very pleasant. The food was tasty; it was very good. There was singing, exercises, and all kinds of activities. Everything was very nice. I was very impressed.

Cyndi6 October 09, 2013

The staff at Town Village was very attentive and very welcoming while we were there. Their rooms were wonderful. In fact, we checked several different rooms because they had several different floor plans. They did have plenty of activities. In fact, they even have a little residents-operated store on the property. I thought that was kind of cute. Food was okay. The dining room though was a little more elegant. I like best that this facility was conveniently located. Proximity wise, it was closer to me.

Claudia5 June 12, 2013

Town Village was a beautiful place, like a cruise ship. Everything was right there. Inside the complex, they had a beauty salon, a little ice cream place and a press shop. They also had a dining room and the food was wonderful. They got a lot of activities to keep residents active and lively. They had a little movie theater. However, I would prefer a facility with separate units, like a cottage or a small house. That would be very nice.

JillF1 September 30, 2012

The first time I visited my grandparents here I was stunned at the cleanliness, the food quality, and the vitality of its residents. Many senior homes can be a bit depressing, but my grandparents loved the warm colors, friendly staff, activities, and meet up nooks with comfortable couches and chairs. They quickly found a circle of friends with whom to share happy hour & conversation. The food was restaurant quality and indeed the dining room is set up like a restaurant: different sizes of tables and an actual menu to choose from while local college students serve. Originally I would have given this place a 5 out of 5.Unfortunately it has changed hands a couple times, and the new management has not kept up with the quality. It's still nice, but the cleaning staff doesn't get all the cobwebs out of the corners or dust every shelf if you know what I mean. The food is still pretty good, but the quality is now at a 3.5 to maybe 4, and isn't necessarily the most varied. What has altered most, however, is the type of residents living there. It used to be what it advertised: "independent active seniors." There was (and still is) a woman who publishes her own little community newspaper for everyone who lives there. There are still some residents that are fully cognizant, but the sense of vitality I noticed when I first visited is definitely gone. My grandfather, who is, at 87, still mentally agile has become quite depressed in the past couple years because there is no one to talk to as compared to his first few years living there. In summary: Nice, but not exquisite, and if you're loved one is still actually independent, it's worth looking at but check out some other options as well.

About Town Village Tulsa

Town Village Tulsa is an independent living community in Tulsa, OK designed for seniors, normally 55+, who are able to care for themselves and wish to live independently. Contact Town Village Tulsa for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Location of Town Village Tulsa