Prairie Rose

7401 Riverside Pkwy, Tulsa, OK, 74136

Reviews of Prairie Rose

Lance7 February 22, 2016

We placed my dad at Prairie Rose about a month ago. I like it a lot. The food is good. The people are nice. The room is nice and has met all of his needs. It is not as expensive as the assisted living facility, so that also made it attractive. There is a place to do your hair, and they have workout activities, but my dad is not interested in that. They do have activities available that my dad could participate in if he is interested.

Linda117522950 December 26, 2015

The rooms at The Prairie Rose were bigger than the other places I visited; you wouldn’t get claustrophobic. The facility was very good. The staff were very nice. This facility is very nice, and this is the best I have seen.

Caring1016 October 30, 2015

The staff at Prairie Rose is very caring and of great help. Everything is good, and the dining room is big. We have a recreation room and a lot of activities, which are organized well and even include outside people coming in for entertainment. The people are very caring, which really impressed me.

Jan112988650 September 17, 2015

The staff is excellent at Prairie Rose. They are probably the best I have ever seen. It is so clean. There is no smell. It is a happy place. There is a lot of light, and it is very open. I like the fact that their managers live on site. They are always accessible.

Bob111456050 August 08, 2015

They were very accommodating and very professional at Prairie Rose. Overall, I would probably rate it a six out of five. Everyone was very caring. The rooms were clean and organized. The people were very nice. It was lunchtime during my visit, and everybody was eating some really nice-looking food.

John111227350 July 31, 2015

We looked at Prairie Rose, and it was really nice, but it was not in a good neighborhood. It was closer to some other housing. That would be the only negative I would say about it. There was a park across the street from it which was kind of nice.

Anonymous109948750 July 06, 2015

We stayed at Prairie Rose some time ago for about three months. We know almost all the people there, and they are very friendly and very helpful. They have one-bedroom, two-bedroom, and studio apartments. They do not have cottages. The food is excellent. They have just about everything you would need. They have bingo and dominoes. Security seems to be good. They have fulltime managers.

Caring105525750 April 30, 2015

I've seen the dining area, which was wonderful for groups of people to gather together. The windows looked out into the green and the water. Prairie Rose had just a very nice atmosphere. They're very friendly. It's very beautiful, but quite expensive.

Elvena March 31, 2015

I visited one in Tulsa, but I wasn't really impressed with it. Prairie Rose is really nice, but it is too high. Everything is great just like the other facility. It is just that they charge more. The rooms are really nice. They are large and very clean. They have all kinds of activities like bingo and dancing. It is everything, and it varies day to day so you don't get tired of it. It has a nice and large dining area with the sun shining in. The security is really good. It is like the other one, but the price is too high. They maybe need to change the price by going down a little bit.

Marion16 November 07, 2014

My sister has been at Prairie Rose for about four months now. It is a very nice place and the facilities are all really nice, but she is not too happy with the food. It is not that there is anything wrong with it, but she has worked in food service all of her life so she is pretty picky, I guess. All the people that live there are fairly happy with it, she is just not. Her room is like a little apartment with a bedroom, a not really nice bathroom, a living room, and something like a kitchenette. The staff members are accommodating and helpful, they check on her, and they actually go in to do some housekeeping for her. It is a really nice place. They have an exercise room, they take them to Walmart when they want to go, and they do have group things for the residents to do.

Caring93112750 September 12, 2014

My sister is in Prairie Rose, and she's doing just fine. It is a really nice place. The location is great. It is right next to a river. She has an apartment there with a bedroom, a living room, and a kitchenette. She has a door that goes out onto a patio. They have a big dining room. They provide the meals, but she doesn't like the food much. The sanitation is great. They come in and clean, I don't know, once or twice a week, and they do the laundry.

James91704050 August 29, 2014

I visit Prairie Rose all the time. My mother-in-law lives there. It's a great community, but I can't afford it. My mother-in-law has a one-bedroom apartment. I guess the staff is very good; I haven't really met any of them, but she loves the place. The amenities and the food are great. The dining area is very nice. The chef always comes out and asks questions -- mostly he asks if the food is good. They need to improve on their speed because they don't get to the residents quickly enough if they need something.

Donna567 August 16, 2014

Horrible Food. Cockroach Infestation. If you care about your loved one, look elsewhere.

Mari3 October 23, 2013

I have no complaints about Prairie Rose other than it's not a good fit. It's way across town from me and I wouldn't be able to get to my dad as often. It's more like a home inside; it has a full kitchen, a living room, bathroom and bedroom. It makes it a more pleasant place to stay.

Cyndi6 October 09, 2013

Prairie Rose is mom's first choice. She loves the staff. They assist her with anything she needs. She loves the people there. She fits in really well in the community. They have activities for her. In fact, it is field-trip day today and they're going out for lunch. She loves her room. She had it decorated just the way she wanted it. She took the things that meant to her the most and they made sure they have rooms for them. She's really happy there. They have a garden and a patio and she loves both of those. She just feels at home in this community.

Aileen40 September 10, 2013

Prairie Rose was a really nice but I did not like the location which was just my own preference. The staff is very nice, friendly and helpful. They answered all our questions.

Mrs. Thompson January 15, 2013

I have lived at Prairie Rose for nearly 2 years. Love this place and love the dedicated staff. The service is wonderful and the food is excellent. I shopped several retirement facilities in Tulsa and found that Prairie Rose has everything I need. The prices are very affordable. And I appreciate that everyone that works here is so caring.

J-Jones January 10, 2013

Prairie Rose has the most wonderful team working there. They get things done when asked, the same day, food service is great. they accomodate things requested and the management team is fantastic. the managers have an open door policy 24/7 if you need them. I recomend you go in and meet the staff at Prairie Rose, you will love what you see.

Lovemymomintulsa August 19, 2012

Do not put your loved ones at Prairie Rose. My mother was there for two years. There is lots promised and very little delivered. They change staff, including "management" and their chefs, often, whick leads to little consistency. But most compelling is that you will likely get attitude from the management staff. They are real quick to tell you when they are not on duty, or don't feel like getting up to go do something. I asked them to check on my mother, because her phone wasnt working. The manager refused and told me I coudl do it myself, by the time I could get there, my mother had died. When I confronted that manager, I was told it was a "training issue!" THAT is the kind of customer service you can expect! It's a training issue simply to go knock on a door? I could go on, because there has been more, but that should give you the general attitude that currently exists there.

Scott12345 February 17, 2012

My mother lives at Prairie Rose and has for the last two years. Although the decision to move her to a retirement community was not an easy one, none of us could be happier with Prairie Rose. The staff was wonderful at getting her settled in to her new living space and even helped us move her belongings in with her. From day one, they were on call for her every need, providing her with so much more than my wife and I were able to with our jobs and own children to deal with. She loves the freshly cooked meals and has met so many wonderful people who share her interests. She has talked about the many activities she has been able to participate in including bingo, bridge, and most importantly, Bible study. One of the most important aspects for her when we were looking for a community was that she would be able to regularly attend mass and be a part of a community that embraces religion. With regular Bible study, church services, and a shuttle system that allows her to attend a local church on days where the community doesn't provide services, her religious needs have been tremendously accommodated. Overall, I highly recommend Prairie Rose to anyone in the Oklahoma area because of all the services available to the residents and the care and effort the staff puts in to making life easier for our loved ones.

From Prairie Rose

Prairie Rose is located in Tulsa, OK, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to Prairie Rose for a visit...and stay!

Features of Prairie Rose

• Hiking trails

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Dining extra: Private dining room