Villa Hermosa | Independent Living

6300 East Speedway Boulevard, Tucson, AZ, 85710

Top nearby Independent Living Communities

Reviews of Villa Hermosa | Independent Living

Caring111786050 August 14, 2015

It was very nice, and I like the rooms. I thought it was terrific that every apartment had a washer and dryer, and that was a big plus for me. I could imagine living in something like Villa Hermosa. They did everything. We were very happy with what they showed us. We have nothing bad to say about it. We had lunch there, and it was very nice. There was nothing to complain about. They had a wonderful little movie theater. The location is perfect -- it's across from Trader Joe's.

Anonymous106190250 August 05, 2015

Villa Hermosa was a beautiful facility. It was also a very expensive place. The staff was fine. They had huge turnovers. The food was really good. Everybody was cheerful. They had trips, bingo, and all sorts of activities. Security was good.

Caring104643650 January 19, 2015

One thing I noticed at Villa Hermosa was they have a lot of amenities that you pay for, and with the price difference of other places, it’s worth it. It’s very clean, new, and every little corner is nicely done. That detail is very helpful to get an idea of how they want their business. It’s a private apartment, 2-bedroom, and 2-bath.

I saw the chair yoga class. I saw a private one-to-one of the fitness trainer with a client. Another amenity is the movie theater. I got to see what they were showing and what the room looks like, and it is really nice. The food was very good; there was a full menu, plus it was very easy to create your own. That was very simple and easy. There are no issues.

The marketing people or the people that show you around -- one of them was marketing but then there’s another person -- were honest. I talked to a lot of people. There were a couple of places that I called and I don’t like the marketing person as they were just trying to sell, but here the marketing person said go find other places, and it just felt very proud of their product. It wasn’t because they were trying to sell.

Caring88589250 July 07, 2014

So far, Villa Hermosa is really good. My mother is not very happy with the food, but everything else is beautiful. The room, the ambience, and the place are like a four-star hotel. Their staff is good. They have a gym, dancing classes, arts and crafts, bus trips to places, just about everything. The only improvement they can make would be to have better food in their dining hall.

Caring68201 October 30, 2013

I would like to have gone with Villa Hermosa but it's just a little more expensive. I didn't want to pay that much money. The building is newer compared to others. The apartments there are spacious.

Mariane1 June 26, 2013

It was a beautiful place. The staff were very nice. But I didn't like the rooms because they weren't big enough for us and it was too expensive.

nursingcarereview February 09, 2012

Good care, excellent food, friendly environment.

Emmyrose September 27, 2011

This is a beautiful three story facility. It has nice grounds with desert landscape, flowers and greenery. The outer and inner decor are beautiful.

There are 205 apartments with 40 assisted living.The independent apartments have full kitchens. They are large and sunny. All are handicapped equipped with emergency system.

They have a 12 hour dining room and bistro which offers 3 meals and snacks on a restaurant style menu with large variety. The food is delicious.

They also have a large living room, a ballroom, activities room, movie theater. library, and beauty salon.

They do all three levels of care. There is a nurse on duty and call and a house doctor. They do transport to appointments.There is an activities director and they do have a firness room with two trainers. The caregivers are certified. The staff is friendly and caring.

They have a heated pool and jacuzzi and offer water aerobics. Ther is a beautiful central courtyard with walking paths, aputting green, a gazebo, patio, and sitting areas. There are shrubs, flowers, and nice rock and water formations.

They have lots of activities in house with dances, bingo, other games, parties, and nightly movies with some nights offer popcorn and snacks.They have outings to shopping, malls, casinos, the opera, and other events weekly.

This is a great community.

From Villa Hermosa

Ask someone to name five really fun things and "retirement community" will almost certainly not be on the list. Which got us to thinking. Why shouldn't a retirement community be fun? With no pesky job to get in the way, retired folks have the time to pursue anything their hearts desire. That sounds pretty fun. So, with that in mind, we set out to build a community that has a simple goal: Help the residents have more fun than anyone. The result: Villa Hermosa - 1% Retirement. 99% Fun!

When you choose to call Villa Hermosa home, you'll gain access to a lifestyle that features limitless choice and ample opportunity for fun. The community boasts a vast array of dining options including a restaurant featuring indoor and outdoor dining, an Internet cafÀ, and a pub. In addition to the many dining options, the community also features a wellness program designed to indulge the body, mind and spirit through nutrition, physical fitness, intellectual pursuits, social opportunities, and relaxation.

What's more, if you need to make an appointment at the spa, want a special bottle of wine to share with friends, or have any other need, the community concierge will be there to serve you. Other services and amenities include an in-house travel agency, personal and scheduled transportation, PrimeFit gym with personal trainer, Brain Fitness Center, swimming pool and spa, theater, and dance studio. When you live at Villa Hermosa, you're free to choose what you want to do, when you want to do it.

Location of Villa Hermosa