The Fountains at La Cholla | Independent Living

2001 West Rudasill Road, Tucson, AZ, 85741

Top nearby Independent Living Communities

Reviews of The Fountains at La Cholla | Independent Living

anonymous visitor20 March 27, 2016

I am very, very pleased with our visit to The Fountains at La Cholla. I felt very comfortable and would like to be there.

ravenna August 12, 2015

My parents live here now in independent living. It is quite reasonably priced. The food is above average and there are usually 5 new main courses at each day. Breakfast is continental. Sunday brunch is too much of a hassle for my parents who use walkers so we usually go out to eat. The are quirks but overall the staff have been wonderful to my parents. They have a nice apartment overlooking the pool. It is too bad assisted living is not an option to be added at the Fountains as is becoming the norm with newer facilities. The Fountains' assisted living is next door and is quite expensive so it is not a consideration for my parents. This is a wonderful place for independent living.

Ray24 May 15, 2015

The food is very good at The Fountains at La Cholla. They have good staff there. Everybody is friendly. The residents are friendly too. We stayed there for two years. Another good thing I have to say about The Fountains is that they are in a location where there are plenty of medical facilities around it. There is a hospital within a quarter of a mile.

Caring75259350 November 24, 2014

Mom is at The Fountains at Cholla. The price was cheaper than the other facility that we looked at. She has a beautiful apartment with all the amenities. It’s reasonably priced for what she is getting. The setup was very nice with the dining room and covered tables with a waitress. There is a fairly decent selection in their menu, and they do get to choose what they want from the menu. They have a wonderful brunch on Sundays. The only problem I have is transportation. It's in their selected days and their selected hours. Mom does enjoy the paint classes. They have different activities scheduled. It all depends on what people like. I feel good withfor my mother being there.

Connie31 January 24, 2014

I found the staff of The Fountains at La Chola to be very knowledgeable and they were extremely hospitable and friendly. They invited us for dinner and the food was excellent. It was nothing like what you would expect in a nursing home. It didn't have that nursing home feel, which my mother would like. They showed me three different sizes of apartments and they were all lovely. The size is ample for what somebody who would need a little bit of help would need. They were up-to-date. They had security and the electronic monitors. They showed me the laundry room and the grounds, and they gave me a brochure with all types of information and even the pricing of the various sizes of units. I thought it was beautiful. It had a great, big chandelier and I think they had just remodeled the lobby and it was very vibrant because they were having like a happy hour, they had somebody playing music, and people were dancing and playing. They even served drinks. That was my favorite and probably the closest thing I've seen to a home setting or some place that didn't make you feel like you were going to jail. They've got three or four things going on practically every day. Just watching the people, they seemed very content.

Bernice3 November 27, 2013

The Fountains at La Cholla was homey. The staff was friendly and knowledgeable. However, coming into their lobby, it was not impressive because it was smaller than the other places and there were residents sitting around there. They were doing their music singing to the TV. To me, that was more like a skilled nursing facility. This place wasn't my favorite.

Maria19 September 14, 2013

I've been at The Fountains and the place was very nice. The food is good and I am just very pleased. The people are lovely. Everything about it is very nice and I would not hesitate to recommend it. The staff are very nice and very informative.

Enforma November 07, 2011

If you can find The Fountains at Tucson amid the maze of other facilities there, you are doing quite good as a navigator. Because it is so hard to find, I would imagine the place is fairly secure, and they do have a good security force, as I recall. The anteroom is amazingly huge, with ceilings so high, I wonder how they are able to heat and cool the place. The hallways were a bit of a maze as well, but strategically placed maps helped me out immensely when visiting there. I noticed that there were activities going on there even at night, and the place was cheerfully decorated. I could tell that a lot of work went into maintaining this place, and I was impressed with the sheer size of it all. My friend who lived there told me that help was never more than a phone call away, and she felt safe living there. I would recommend this facility for people able to get around by themselves. You may also need a GPS to find it, like I had to resort to, but it is worth the effort.

cccullins89 September 16, 2011

the facility was very nice, from the minute my dad walked in the door he felt at home everyone was very kind and helpful would have to say that they need more caregivers on staff because they seemed overwelmed.

From The Fountains at La Cholla

Located in the foothill of Tucson, The Fountains at La Cholla is a rental retirement community providing Independent Living, Assisted Living, Memory Care on a beautiful campus with sweeping views of the Santa Catalina Mountains. With eleven floor plans from which to choose, from cozy studio apartments to deluxe 2 bedroom Casitas, you are sure to find a new home that just fits your tastes and lifestyle. Meals are enjoyed restaurant style, with optional wine service. Near Northwest Medical Center, Foothills Mall and great dining, as well as such natural wonders as Saguaro National Park, The Fountains' location offers convenience and natural beauty. Casitas are available for the on-the-go lifestyle. The Fountains offers an ongoing course schedule of mind-expanding and body-toning classes through Watermark University. A Watermark retirement community.

Location of The Fountains at La Cholla