Brookdale South Bay | Independent Living

5481 W.Torrance Blvd, Torrance, CA, 90503

Promotion ends in 7 days!

NOTHING SAYS SUMMER LIKE SAVINGS. Move into a Brookdale community by June 30, and receive a $1,000 rent credit! *Eligible new residents will receive a one-time $1,000 credit to the Basic Service Rate/Monthly Fee following the first 90 days of residency.

Reviews of Brookdale South Bay | Independent Living

Caring106073050 May 03, 2015

Brookdale South Bay is very nice. After my visit, they actually came out to visit me which I thought was nice. I had come to visit when they were having a meal, and I didn't want to cause anybody to have to leave their meal to see the room, so I opted not to see the room. The meal was served, they were finishing up, and I'm sure the food is fine. It is not too big, and I think it has four to a table which is nice. I didn't see anything other than that, but I know they have a lot of activities because they sent me a list of some of the things they do. They mentioned things like bingo, and they have people that come over to entertain. I like the staff; I thought they were really nice, and they seem to be caring. I wasn't interested in Brookdale because it was too expensive. I wouldn't be able to afford it myself. I think for the price it is overcharging. For the price you are paying, it seems like that you can get more benefits like a larger room. I did like it because it is clean, and it looked OK. I think they need more outdoor things or provide a lot of nature like walking trails were people would want to go outside. There was very little parking, and it was right in the middle of a very busy intersection.

Thank you for taking the time to visit and share your thoughts about our community. Your feedback will be reviewed and used to better serve our residents and their families in the future.

Caring94554150 September 25, 2014

I made a brief visit to Pacific Inn. I did not like it. I happened to visit it on a very hot day and it was extremely warm for me walking around in the halls. The staff was OK. The rooms looked OK, but they were not outstanding. The environment and the dining area were pleasant.

Caring83393350 May 11, 2014

I have a friend at Pacific Inn, and I am very quite happy with the facility. The facility is very clean, and my friend's room is very nice. A cleaning lady comes in once a week and cleans the whole apartment. Their dining room is also very nice. The staff are very nice people.

Gary27 January 31, 2014

I went to visit Pacific Inn because it was not that far from my home and someone recommended it. I liked the location and it was extremely clean. The staff and the residents seemed upbeat. They had a lot of activities. The dining room was very nice and very well-maintained. It was my number one choice if I moved my mother.

Rebecca12 June 25, 2013

Pacific inn was a very nice place. I would love to live there myself. It was a nicely decorated place. The rooms were nice and clean. But I thought they were very expensive.

TGTom March 13, 2012

I moved my mother to this place about a year ago. Beforehand, she was living at home alone, and she wasn't that much of a social person. It's amazing what I've seen since she's been at this fine senior living establishment. The facilities are almost spotless, and the staff is always making sure it is a germ-free environment. She's always out at different activities. She loved the trip to Griffith Park a few weeks back. She has great neighbors and friends.The staff is there for her whenever she needs them, and the staff is so attentive to all her needs. The food as also amazing and very healthy. You won't find a better place in the Santa Clarita Valley. She's very happy here. I'm so thankful that such a place like this existed so close to my home.

Michael F. November 03, 2011

The Pacific Inn is an extremely nice facility. It is most definitely not like any other retirement or nursing home - and it is right on the beach in a great location. The gazebo out back was a very relaxing spot to sit with my client. They also had a very nice client entertainment room, where the elderly sat to play crads, enjoy the view, and talk. It was nothing like a nursing home - bur more like an apartment complex on the beach where the elderly could ask for help doing things if they needed; such as chores and daily living routines, etc. The client seemed very happy with where she was staying, and with no complaints as to the staff or the facility itself. I would highly recommend this facility to anyone in the Torrence / LA area who is looking for a retirement community for their elderly family member.

From Brookdale South Bay

Brookdale South Bay provides a full range of choices for today's seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Our Brookdale community delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional services, amenities and opportunities we offer.

Our Optimum Life® and Celebrations programs provide an all-encompassing way of life that touches our residents, their families and associates alike. Optimum Life® is a journey of self-discovery including services, features and benefits that allow each resident to pursue their peak level of health, wholeness and fulfillment while balancing six key dimensions of personal wellness: emotional, intellectual, physical, social, spiritual and purposeful. As part of Optimum Life® we encourage our residents to celebrate life each day. Inspired dining, with fresh meals prepared by chefs trained in our own Culinary Arts Institute, and vibrant lifestyle activities come together in our Celebrations program. These activities fill the monthly calendar with themed experiences, special events and group activities highlighting different cultures and cuisines in a common venue of camaraderie.

Brookdale Pacific Inn is a well established 134 unit fully Independent Living community in the South Bay area of Los Angeles. It has an excellent and unique reputation in the market. Pacific Inn is conveniently located in the heart of the South Bay one mile from Redondo Beach and major shopping centers.

Features of Brookdale South Bay