Senior Star at West Park Place

Overview of Ratings

4.0

April 26, 2013

By Sauppe

West Park Plaace is a dream come true for me as the daughter of an elderly parent. My mother decided it was time to move to a facility that would suit her well being in her advanced years. Our first impression of a caring, first class, well maintained facility have become a definate reality. Every staff member is thoughtful, kind, helpful, and most receptive to the needs of the residents and their families. While this is an independent residence, every detail of the day to day operation is focused on the residents well-being. It is clear that the management is professionally trained in Senior Care living and is dedicated to the carism of comfort, safety, and, personal comittment to each resident. The collaboration with staff, resident and family members is extemely evident in the progressive services,, programming and the happy atmosphere. I would highly reommend Senior Star Living at West Park Place.

April 06, 2013

By Nancy McK

My parents currently reside at West Park Place and it is such a relief to know that their needs are being met in a wonderful facility. The staff is attentive and friendly and we truly feel they care about about parents personally. They have a two-bedroom, two-bath apartment with a small fully equipped kitchen and a nice sized living/dining area. The dining room at West Park has the atmosphere of a restaurant with linens and lots of items to choose from on the menu. My parents love the ladies that work in the dining room and they have made several friends since being at West Park. There is a beauty salon, exercise facility, laundry facilities for each floor, and lots of activities. I highly recommend West Park Place for anyone that needs that little extra care in the elder years.

March 27, 2013

By sparhawk

Upon reaching the ripe old age of 80 years I realized that I needed to slow down and enjoy life for a change. I checked out three places and was quite cognizant of the differing attitudes that did not appeal to me. Then I found West Park Place and made one of the best decisions of my life. I moved in December 1, 2012. Here I found a wonderful pace of life, fine dining, exceptional food, and great respect for the elderly. The first outstanding quality was that each staff member knew and used our names. Staff was so personable and helpful and I wondered if this could really be true. IT IS. One is treated with care and respect always. The amenities are varied and inviting; all kinds of card games, bingo etc. actually too many to mention. One of the first fun things I did was go to Happy Hour featuring 2 men, a piano and guitar. Happy Hour is held in our lovely Activities room, and we were served wonderful shortbread cookies and a drink made of melted peppermint ice cream. Did I mention that the food is outstanding? I love my apartment, the staff and my older years are as wonderful as I envisioned them to be. Please check us out. You will love it here...

March 01, 2012

By greatexperience

The lobby was very clean. Staff were busy with their jobs, not standing around talking or ignoring residents. Staff knew the residents by name & seemed to have a very good relationship with them. The apartments are a good size compared to most assisted living facilities. The layout of the apartments was well thought out. Emergency call systems were strategically placed in the rooms & when activated, a quick & courteous response was given. Residents had many social activities to choose from. They also had many transportation modes at their disposal. As West Park Place is in a very nice area, residents could often be found walking the neighborhood during warm weather. The rent is reasonably priced, perhaps a little on the high side but warranted by the quality of services & location. Rather than a step down from home ownership, moving to West Park Place is a positive transition.

February 26, 2012

By Disappoint

Make sure this is the right place for your parents if they need assisted living. When my sisters and I realized my parents had alzheimers and needed help, we interviewed and researched assisted living facilities for them. We were up front when we interviewed West Park Place, they assured us they could provide the right care for them. Well, they couldn't. When we had a sense that something was wrong. We would call long distance since we don't live in Toledo, but the nursing staff never returned our calls. We soon came to realize that our parents were not getting the right care. When we got a call from our father that our mother had overdosed on Tylenol and was taken to the hospital, we were in a panic because we couldn't quickly come to their aid. Well, we hired the nursing staff to assist with her medications, and they obviously weren't watching her. We were very up front with her memory issues when we talked to the staff, we told them that she can't administer her own meds because she gets confused. Instead of letting us find an appropriate place for them, West Park Place kicked my mother out on the spot and said she could not come back since she overdosed. We were out of town and had no where to place her, and it was 2 days before Christmas. It was such a nightmare! We were up front with our parents' conditions and they practically insisted we move them there. It seemed once they got the money, they no longer cared and would not talk to us when we tried to figure out what on earth was going on. Luckily we had lawyer in town who helped place them elsewhere on extremely short notice 2 days before Christmas. Do your research on what this place can offer if your parents need help with medications or any sort of nursing care. Don't believe if they tell you they can help with alzheimer's, they will turn their back on you when they are needed.

November 19, 2011

By readergirl

Offers independent living apartments and a wide variety of care levels as a persons needs change over time. I moved my aunt in there 7 months ago and she is very happy there. The thing she likes the most is the staff. They are very kind and helpful. They call her twice a day to check on her. Included in the cost is 2 meals a day, transportation to Drs' appointments if needed, weekly cleaning of her apt., weekly laundering of her linens and changing her bed for her, all sorts of activities and outings, on site beauty shop and physical therapy, good security, helpful maintenance staff that will come and do minor repairs for her. When needed they have aides and nurses contracted to them that can come and help with medications, bathing, etc. Her short-term memory is worsening fast and I feel confident that they will be able to meet her needs well into the future and that she will be safe and happy there. The environment is very pleasant and well-kept, inside and out. The location is ideal for us. It is located near shopping, restaurants and Drs.' offices. And very close to family. It is expensive, but worth it. We did some cost-comparisons and they were less expensive than most other facilities near us.

Photos of Senior Star at West Park Place

Features of Senior Star at West Park Place

About Senior Star at West Park Place

West Park Place is an independent living and retirement living community in Toledo, Ohio. At West Park Place, we share a common goal with every family who walks through our doors: we want the very best for our seniors. Decades of experience have shown us that giving "our all", frankly, isn't enough. Seniors at West Park Place must be on board, too ... experiencing the possibilities, reaching their potential, and living each day to its fullest. We see it as our responsibility (and great privilege) to provide the opportunities and inspiration for our residents to embrace senior living and thrive in their new lifestyle at West Park Place.

Through the years, we at West Park Place have identified many facets of healthy living that contribute to our residents' total well-being: environmental, nutritional, physical, spiritual, mental, and emotional factors. When we put them into action, they work together to keep the twinkle in the eyes of our residents. We call this our LAUGH philosophy: Living And Understanding Greater Health. It works in many ways through our Senior Star Living communities, of which West Park Place is one. For example, taking in a brain fitness class may contribute to more than mental well-being by building new social relationships and prolonging independence. Breaking bread together in our dining room may nourish more than the body when you consider the lively conversation and positive atmosphere. At West Park Place, our attractive and bright individual residences can provide more than a safe environment when embellished with cherished belongings, personal mementos, and even the companionship of a small pet. Laughter, after all, is the best medicine. It all adds up to happier seniors in a healthier community.

Like you, we want the very best for our seniors. Our LAUGH philosophy at West Park Place of Senior Star Living helps us achieve this together.

Map of Senior Star at West Park Place