Genesis Village

2429 S Reynolds Rd, Pillars Shopping Center, Toledo, OH, 43614

Reviews of Genesis Village

Anonymous362817 May 03, 2017

There were things about Genesis Village that I liked and didn't like. I liked that they had a pool and a hot tub, but they didn't have a full kitchen. The owner was very nice. I had lunch with him and thought the buffet food was good. However, they didn't have an acceptable elevator. Their lift left something to be desired. I also didn't like that they didn't have levels of care.

Marilee116310 December 08, 2016

They are accommodating and organized. I like the entertainment and there’s so much to do. My needs are always met. They have good food and activities, and it’s clean.

Linda325368 December 08, 2016

Genesis Village was remarkable. I had buffet lunch there, and it was beautiful and good. People were friendlier.

Tordis November 29, 2016

The variety of food is good, and I don’t have to do dishes. Genesis Village is a good place and I’m always taken care of.

Douglas711474 November 13, 2016

Genesis Village was all right. The studio apartments were OK. The staff who assisted me was fine and answered all my questions upfront. Just as we were walking through, there was bingo and an exercise class going on. The dining area looked fine. It was a converted hotel, and the rooms were small. Everything was spread out, so you have to walk a mile to get to anything -- which was a problem for me.

Jean557545 November 06, 2016

Genesis Village is lovely. They’re very knowledgeable and very helpful. There were people in the pool doing exercises. The dining area was very nice, and the food was good.
Thank you for taking the time to give Genesis Village a great review!

Katie723454 November 05, 2016

I have looked around at other places and I know that Genesis Village far surpasses all other places. I like the activities and exercise. You guys do an awesome job and yet you always have that option to take part in. It's a wonderful place and like they say, you gotta see it to believe it. I'm so thankful my family found this place.

Bill515441 November 01, 2016

I think it's a wonderful place. The staff is amazing and they don't leave anyone out. The atmosphere here is wonderful and the people here are so kind. It has everything - pool, theater, fitness room, and the food is amazing. We can't compare here to any other place. We feel blessed.

Charlotte620561 October 28, 2016

I feel totally comfortable here and this feels like home to me. There is so much going on that you have a lot of choices. There is something for everyone and I love it. Bingo is my favorite activity and we have so much fun with the residents playing. It is family here. I feel safe and that I belong.

Dorthea Q October 27, 2016

People are very friendly. I knew some of the residents before and that helps a lot but the staff helps you feel welcome. The people that work and live here are the best. They are so nice. Genesis Village is very nice and the food is very good. Always a lot of choices on what to eat.

Dick611646 July 27, 2016

Genesis Village was very nice but too expensive. The environment was OK. The rooms were very nice. The staff seemed very friendly. They were underoccupied when I was there, so I think they had a lot of staff. They have lots of amenities, like a swimming pool and a movie theater. The pool was awfully nice.

From Genesis Village

Personal amenities in each apartment include:

• Utilities included (except land-line phone)
  • Digital HD Buckeye Cable and Wi-Fi
  • Kitchenette in all apartments
  • Individually Controlled heat and air conditioning units
  • Smoke detectors and sprinkler systems
  • Wall to wall carpet (except bathrooms)
  • And convenient free laundry facilities on each floor

Your apartment is just the beginning- by joining our all-inclusive Community you’ll enjoy many exclusive amenities:

• 3 meals a day
  • Indoor pool & whirlpool
  • Fitness center
  • Spacious lounge areas throughout the building to relax or entertain in
  • Library & Fireside Lounge
  • Multi-media Center with theatre seating & screen
  • Free scheduled transportation to medical appointments, off campus events and shopping
  • 6 acres of outdoor space including courtyards, walking areas, gardens, woods and wildlife.
  • Activities, Clubs and Events
  • Chapel and Prayer Room
  • Beauty/Barber Shop

Wellness Center staffed by The Laurels certified Therapists offering on-site physical, occupational, or speech therapy

HAIL TO THE CHEF

You will delight in our home cooked meals for lunch and dinner served buffet style complete with fresh daily soup and salad bars, served in the well-appointed dining room. A continental breakfast can be eaten in our Fireside Cafe or taken back to your apartment. Our food is created from scratch, much of it being harvested by hand from our resident-tended organic garden.

SUPPORT SERVICES

Interim HealthCare agency is on-site to provide supportive services if needed. We also have available physician and health services provided by Peyton Care Professionals and Mobile Health Care. Genesis Village Residents. These mobile health services are delivered on-site for easy access to quality care, including primary physicians, audiology, dental, podiatry, optical, psychiatry, and more!

Our Mission Statement - To utilize our caring, dedicated staff and amenity-rich community offering an enhanced living experience that serves active seniors in a family-oriented environment based on Christian values.

Our Vision Statement - Provide a life-enriching experience to empower seniors to remain independent and enjoy their retirement.

Our Values - Encourage Independence, Support Through Service, & Build Community

We have 170,000 sq. ft. overall with 36,000 sq. ft. of common area are residents can use and enjoy. We have many windows that let the sunshine in all throughout the community. Genesis has a full sized indoor swimming pool and hot tub for our residents to enjoy. Our full range of care options, utilized only as you need them "A La Carte", will give you and your family peace of mind knowing medical and non-medical support services are available when you need them.

Features of Genesis Village

• Minimum Rate: $1940/month

• Companion Suites: We Do Not Offer Companion Suites

• Dining Extra: When A Resident Is Not Feeling Well, Meals Will Be Delivered To The Apartment.

• Coffee Shop
  • Pool
  • Features Extra: Walking Paths 24 Hour Security

• Internet Enabled Rooms

• Pharma

• Activities Extra: Fitness Center,, Art Room And Art Classes , Organized Off Site Activities (Outings, Etc),Music And Entertainment , Coffee And Chat, Religious Services And Programs , Lectures And Discussions , Book Clubs , Toledo Public Library Bookmobile / Cybermobile , Baking And Pottery Classes, Wii Sports Competition , Silver Sneakers Aqua And Exercise Programs , Gardening, Card Club , Life Enrichment Room For Crafts And Games, Movie Theatre, Volunteer Opportunities, Prayer Room,

• Home Sale Assistance