Reviews of Sumter Grand in The Villages
RDT April 12, 2017
I visited this facility
Sumter Grand is totally independent living. It has lots of stuff going on and is a little bit more expensive and a little newer. It has a big, lavish lobby and an open bar area where you can go in and eat. This place has a very fancy area where you can get flavored water with fruits, croissants, cookies, and all kinds of coffee. The advantage of living in Sumter Grand is the fact that you are a member of The Villages, so you have all rights of The Villages and can go to all of those shindigs, which is a very big advantage because we are very social. We like to get out and get around. They have every kind of club, too. You can have your car downstairs in shaded parking. The first thing you see is the dining room, which is buffet-style for the most part. For breakfast, I know they are definitely a buffet. We ate in the saloon, which is right next door, and the food was delicious.
John450881 February 07, 2017
I visited this facility
We were most impressed with Sumter Grand. The staff was really nice, and we liked the different apartments that we viewed. It's set up more like a resort, and it was like a cruise ship. There was a pool and an exercise area; you can come and go as you want. They give you two meals a day, and it was suitable to the way we thought it should be.
Joseph580775 November 22, 2016
I visited this facility
Sumter Grand matched all our personal requirements. We liked everything about it. They had large rooms. They had three different buildings. One was pretty much independent living, the second one was assisted living, and they had memory care. It suited us just fine. There was a covered parking. We also like that the age group there was more suitable for us.
From Sumter Grand in The Villages
Located on 466A, between Morse Blvd and Buena Vista Blvd, Sumter Grand offers golf car access and Village Amenities while providing a beautiful, comfortable and maintenance free home to Residents who wish to have access to all The Villages has to offer and that of an all-inclusive resort.
Sumter Grand in The Villages is a premier, luxury community for residents who are at least 55 years old and boasts 150 spacious apartments within its concrete framework. You can choose from Studio, three options for one-bedroom floor plans and three options for two-bedroom, two-bath floor plans. The community also includes a beautiful pool, 24-hour fitness center, community rooms, Doc Tom’s, a fully licensed and operating Bar and Grill with plenty of wine and libations to choose from and The Driggs, our award-winning restaurant, exclusive for Sumter Grand Residents.
As a rental community, you can live at Sumter Grand on a month to month basis. We even offer special seasonal rates for those who need a fully furnished apartment for short term stays.
Sumter Grand Amenities
- Hardwood/laminate floors with carpeted bedrooms in room floor plans
- Kitchens in each unit
- Showers in every bathroom, all equipped with safety features
- Storage available
- Beautiful heated pool with cabanas
- Bistro/Coffee shop
- Neighborhood bar & grill open daily from 11am to 8pm
- Washers and dryers available in all units at no additional charge
- Neighborhood theater room, doubles as a gathering room or convention room
- Wi-Fi throughout entire building
- Award-winning Restaurant open for breakfast & dinner
- Patios on every one bedroom and two bedroom apartment
- Seasonal Apartments for Rent (fully furnished)
Sumter Grand Services
- Delicious Meals – Our restaurant is open 7am to 11am for breakfast & 4pm to 7 pm for dinner and our Bar & Grill is open from 11am to 8pm daily.
- Organized social activities calendar
- Electricity, water, cable, local phone service included in rate
- Housekeeping including weekly linen service
- Professional maintenance and landscaping including pest control
- Fitness Programming including Mat Yoga, Chair Yoga, Sit & Stretch etc
- Optional Emergency response system & security guards on property
- Grocery delivery
- Pool side dining service
- Scheduled transportation for shopping, doctor visits & taxi services, including airport
- Concierge service
- Health & wellness services
- 24 hour Fitness center exclusive to Sumter Grand Residents
- Salon, spa, manicure, pedicure, facial & massage services
- Regular scheduled evening transport to Brownwood’s Paddock Square & Lake Sumter Landing
Thank you for your interest at Sumter Grand in The Villages Independent Living Community. Please give us a call to schedule a free tour.
Features of Sumter Grand in The Villages
- Minimum rate: $3300/month
Room and housing options
- 1-bedroom apartments
- 2-bedroom apartments
- Studio Apartments
- Minimum Age 60
- Pets Small Pets Allowed
Location of Sumter Grand in The Villages
Get Cost Information
Get full access to reviews, cost information, and amenities