Cedar Crest | Pompton Plains, NJ

Top nearby Independent Living Communities

Reviews of Cedar Crest

Average Rating:
K&J August 27, 2013

I visited this facility at a luncheon and was impressed with how beautiful it was. Amenities were many and social clubs were for everyone. Apartments were beautiful with many different floor plans I was looking at a two bedroom two bath. A major drawback was their new 90% refund policy I herd at the luncheon. Accounting for the price of the apartment I was interested in, in essence they want 30 thousand dollars just for the privilege of living their ( 10% of the cost).This became a deal breaker.

Caring3237 April 24, 2013

We visited Cedar Crest because we looked for a place for my mother-in-law. The place seemed lovely. The apartment we saw was beautiful and clean. Everything was new. There were a lot of activities and amenities she could enjoy. The activities included movies and trips outside the facility. There was a salon and a swimming pool as well. There was also a doctor on site. This facility will be considered if she decided to move in.

Caring 0424 March 20, 2013

I wanted my mother to go Cedar Crest but she's not ready yet. It is a top-notch facility. It's clean and beautiful. If my mom chooses to go there, she will have her own room.

Caring973 August 16, 2012

I'm still in the process of trying to figure out which facility I would choose. I did visit one in Cedar Crest. It's much cheaper than the other facility, yet it's quality and very nice community. I live alone and have no family. I find Cedar Crest beautiful. When I visited the place, most of the residents are having a good time swimming and doing different kinds of activities. I just felt happy knowing that the people are enjoying their stay, and if I'll decide to be in Cedar Crest I know I'll be happy, too. They have a wonderful dining area and I was able to try their food. It was great! The garden is big enough to enjoy outside fun activities. I was so glad and the staff toured me to the place. They are very welcoming and warm.

DesperadoGirrl January 20, 2012

Cedar Crest is one of the most AMAZING places I have ever seen for senior citizens. My grandparents were residents here until their passing.Cedar Crest provides ALL levels of care, including Individual Living in private apartments, nursing home care, and later on, hospice care, if and when needed.The grounds are BEAUTIFUL! I felt as though I was walking into a resort. The apartments are spacious, and my grandparents had their own private kitchen in case Grandma felt like cooking...she rarely did though, because she said the menu options in the dining room made it easy to not have to cook.Grandpa got involved in a new hobby...water color painting...and Grandma got to be her usual social butterfly self. Residents are allowed to come and go as they please, as long as their health and mental awareness allowed for it. So my Grandparents were able to maintain their circle of friends. They still attended their same church, and once Gramps couldnt drive any longer, they provided bus service to and from their home church.The staff was WONDERFUL! Very friendly and helpful, and always...ALWAYS there when you needed them. At the time of my Grandparent's deaths, the staff was so compassionate, it was if they had lost a member of their own family. As it turns out, they really had. All the residents at Cedar Crest were considered to be one big family!We were so impressed with Cedar Crest that my one cousin and her husband both got jobs there, and I'm pretty sure that some of my other family members have their sights set on Cedar Crest for when they retire...I know I DO!I have nothing but WONDERFUL things to say about Cedar Crest, and when comparing other homes and facilities, I use Cedar Crest as an example of the ultimate place, to see how others compare. You could not go wrong having your loved ones at Cedar Crest!

Caring390869 July 30, 2011

This is a mutil phasic assisted living facility which although pricy you certainltly get what you pay for. This is a lovely facility which provides services to suit the needs of all the residents across the board from psycological to medical to spiritual venues. I think it is definately a 5 star facility in northern NJ

From Cedar Crest

Cedar Crest is a full-service, maintenance-free community designed exclusively for retirees, age 62 or better. Located on 130 picturesque acres in Pompton Plains, New Jersey, Cedar Crest is a private campus kept secure day and night by a team of professionals trained in emergency first response. We're the ideal choice for active seniors who want to live a vibrant, engaging, and purposeful lifestyle in a setting that's both safe and beautiful.

Like a small town under one roof, Cedar Crest offers an abundance of opportunities to keep your mind, body and spirit thriving. Stroll to any of our three spectacular clubhouses through climate-controlled, glass-enclosed walkways that connect all of our community buildings. Here you'll find all the resources you need to enjoy a spectacular retirement, including a fitness center, indoor heated pool and hot tub and four restaurants serving healthy, delicious meals created fresh each day by our own personal chef. Other amenities include a computer lab with high-speed Internet, billiards and game room, creative arts studio, fully-equipped woodworking shop, classrooms and even a resident-run television studio. Not to mention a bank and 24-hour ATM, a beauty salon and barber shop, a convenience store and an on-site pharmacy that delivers to your door!

Cedar Crest also has an on-site medical center staffed by physicians who work exclusively at our community. These licensed geriatricians are experts in meeting the unique health care needs of older adults. They will work with you to design a wellness plan that will keep you strong, independent and feeling your finest for years to come.

Location of Cedar Crest