Solstice Senior Living at Tacoma

Overview of Ratings

4.5

September 30, 2016

By Luanne111867

I've been to Point Defiance Village, but right now I can't afford it. It's very pastoral, its got trees in it, and the grounds are very nice. I saw the dining room, it's very open and airy, and it had huge windows. The apartments are very spacious, I saw a 1-bedroom apartment, and they also had cottages. The people and the staff are very nice. They have a little exercise room, a little gym, and concerts and outings. It's really close to the Point Defiance Park, and they get people to the zoo there. I met a couple of residents, and they were very nice and welcoming. I felt very comfortable there.

September 19, 2016

By Marsha347201

Point Defiance was fine, but it was an older Holiday property, and there’s stain on the carpeting; it’s kind of fussy. The people were happy to be there, and the staff was wonderful.

September 01, 2016

By Jeanette781814

We visited Point Defiance Retirement. It’s very attractive. It didn’t have an assisted living facility that our long-term care insurance would supplement. It looks very comfortable but it serves people who are able to live more independently than we are. We didn’t have any real objections to it as far as being a nice facility. They have lovely grounds, and the people were kind. For the people it was suited for, it’s a 5. It is well known and well thought of.

May 22, 2016

By ShelleyGUASI

Point Defiance’s staff was very helpful, friendly, welcoming, and introduced my sister and her son to some of the other tenants who might be helpful to them. They were providing housekeeping and three meals a day as part of the fee, and it was probably one of the less expensive ones we went to, but that facility was beautiful. It looks like a hotel when you walk in and had a very open and clean feeling to it. They also had duplexes and fourplexes if you wanted to have more of a home setting, but it would have been difficult for her to get down to the dining room, so we put her in an apartment instead. We had two meals there and the food was excellent because they have a chef on-site. They offer five or six different options. There are menus for at each meal, so you have a choice, and if you wanted something special, I think they would try to accommodate. You can also pick up food to take to your room if you’re not feeling well or something. Housekeeping comes once a week and changes all the linens, brings new towels, and cleans the apartment. I was pretty impressed with the quality of it. It sits on some 28 acres, so it’s quite wooded around the edges and very private and quiet. They have a LOT of activities and people who come in once a month to check their health. If there’s anything that needs to be done particularly for people with circulation problems, they have a masseuse that comes in. They have a bus that takes people anywhere you want to go within 5 or 10 miles and you call them if you want to be picked up, and a group trips to casinos and baseball games. They have a room within the facility for pool and shuffleboard, a room where they just work on jigsaw puzzles where anybody can come in and work on it for a while, then they hang them up when they’re all finished. They have a hair salon, and a little store that has the basics for people to buy, so they don’t have to leave. My sister has a kitchenette in her apartment with a refrigerator, sink, and a microwave. The duplexes and fourplexes all have full kitchens, a washer and dryer, and free washing service. At the end of the hall, there’s a laundry room.

February 29, 2016

By Snookie1

We visited Point Defiance Village. It was very nice. The people were very friendly and very helpful. Their apartments were nice. They were very clean. They were redecorating and what-have-you. It was something that could possibly work with.

December 29, 2015

By Jack49

I liked the general appearance and convenience of Point Defiance. The working staff is very nice, but the management is not that great. The rooms are very nice and big enough. We have an exercise room with some exercise classes, bingo, and baseball. The food is pretty good.

December 29, 2015

By Carol117438750

Point Defiance was very nice and clean, and the staff was nice. The dining room was very nice. Everything was nice and neat. The staff answered all of the questions and followed up.

July 21, 2015

I am here in Point Defiance Village. I like that the food is nice, and it has very nice people here. I have a little studio apartment. It is very small, but it is neat, and I am pretty well satisfied with it. There are quite a few activities. They have card playing, bridge, pinochle, bingo, puzzle, and karaoke, and they had a beanbag ball group. It is a nice place, and I really enjoy it here.

May 16, 2015

The people in Point Defiance Village are independent and pretty healthy. The staff are wonderful, and whatever I need, they help do it. They have one and two-bedroom rooms and cottages that you can rent. The meals are good, and the dining room is a cafeteria type thing. We got a walking club, bean bag baseball -- and we compete with other people from other places -- cards, bingo, sing-along, karaoke on Friday nights -- they serve beer and wine -- and on Saturday nights, they have a social where people meet each other and they serve drinks.

February 27, 2015

By Bob103018150

They are in a retirement home called Point Defiance Village. They have four or five different types of rooms and apartments. They have one or two bedrooms, and you can actually combine rooms if you want. They serve three meals a day which are all menu items. They are served by a waiter. They have a fitness center and a big TV room. They have a full suite of activities like bringing in entertainment. They have an onsite manager, his wife -- an assistant manager -- and a recreational social director. They also have the cooking staff and the waitress staff which is made up of high school kids. Then they have the cleaning staff. They are very nice. They actually have places all over the country, so if my folks travel, they can go and stay in another home in another part of the country. They have some rooms there available too, so if you want to go and visit your parents, you can get a roll away bed in the apartment or they rent out a full apartment at a very affordable rate, and you can stay in the same facility as your parents. They have their own transportation system which take the people out to shopping or take them to the doctor if they need to go. My parents had a number of choices, and they chose it over different facilities over there. They have a nice grounds and stuff.

September 10, 2014

I was very impressed with the price that they had at Point Defiance Village. The price was reasonable, and the apartments were bigger, and very, very clean. They are probably about $1,200 a month cheaper than another place I saw. They had three different sizes of studio apartments, and the least expensive one was bigger than the expensive ones of the other facility. So price-wise, they were a lot better. The dining area was nice. They offered for my mother to come down for a two-night stay if I get her interested enough. They have apartments where they can stay and see if there is something that they are going to like, and that is a nice feature.

June 26, 2014

By Casey7

I went to Point Defiance Village and had lunch with them, and I really, really liked it. I would love to live there. They have private cottages that you can live in, and they were really nice. The food was very good. The attitude of the staff was, of course, fine. They were helpful and really wanted to try and get me in there financially. The thing is, I was not happy with the apartments that they had. They were so small, but I understand why they would be small. They don't have a real kitchenette because of the dining area where they serve breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I still would like a kitchen where I could cook something. But I liked it really, really well. I can't tell you how well I liked it. The grounds outside were beautiful, and the inside was really, really nice. They have a bus, and it takes them when they need to go to the doctor.

June 10, 2014

By Marcus2

The rooms are very nice, the buildings are well kept, and the grounds are nice and gardened at Point Defiance. It’s right next to a park, so some of the local animals, you end up seeing them once in a while on the front lawn. They have a lot of Karaoke, card games, and exercise rooms. The dining room is pretty nice, and the food is pretty good.

May 30, 2014

Point Defiance Village was very nice. It had a lot of amenities. Most of the rooms were fine. They were very nice. They had meals.

April 29, 2014

Point Defiance is very beautiful, very clean, and close to where I live. It’s also the most reasonably priced place. Mom has a one-bedroom apartment, and it is spacious. They’ve got housekeeping weekly. The food is excellent; there’s a big choice of foods. They’ve got everything, like Bingo, and they’ve got two buses to take people out. They have people who come in, like students in ROTC who will perform on Veterans Day.

June 02, 2012

By 509student

This facility was good. He had a nice big room, with a back porch. He had a living room, his own room, a kitchen, and the bathroom. They were cleaned twice a week by the maids and they did a nice job and were very helpful. The food was adequate, like any food at a retirement community will be. They made so much at once that it was hard to create personalized meals, but what they did have was good. The atmosphere was nice too. The community had events going on such a bingo nights, game nights, and during the winter season they held a gingerbread house competition. It kept people active.

Features of Solstice Senior Living at Tacoma

• Housing Extra: Cottages

• Dining Extra: Private Dining Room

• Hiking Trails

About Solstice Senior Living at Tacoma

Solstice Senior Living at Tacoma is an independent living community in Tacoma, WA designed for seniors, normally 55+, who are able to care for themselves and wish to live independently. Contact Solstice Senior Living at Tacoma for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Map of Solstice Senior Living at Tacoma