Vista de la Montana

18510 N Parkview Pl, Surprise, AZ, 85374

Reviews of Vista de la Montana

Cindy120070650 February 16, 2016

Vista de la Montana was nice. I only had a short time there, but the staff accommodated me. We rushed around. We saw their nice library and dining room. The walkway wrapped around the center, so you could see down into the middle of things, and I thought that was really cool. From the walkway, you could see the library and the activity rooms. The staff was awesome. They were very nice. Everything, from what I saw, was nice. The entrance was nice, and there was ample parking for visitors. The place was in a nice location. Inside, it was very attractive. The manager greeted me and showed me the place.

Terrie5 January 27, 2016

I really liked Vista de la Montana. People there were really friendly, the staff seemed really caring, and the pricing was pretty good for independent-living. We looked at a studio apartment, and a one-bedroom. They were nice, clean, and actually pretty spacious. It was very clean.

Shelly9 July 31, 2015

It's very clean and welcoming. Everyone is very approachable, kind, gracious and willing to be helpful. My mother's room is spacious for a single person. The meals taste good, well balanced, and lots of variety. They do a lot of outings, taking the residents out for errands, doctor's appointments, movies, and other social events. Inside they have a lot of card games, they invite musicians, they have a lot of social gatherings in their community room around the piano, and the residents really enjoy that. The best about Vista de la Montana is the feeling of security and that my mother is looked after. The dining area is clean, very upbeat, warm, and friendly. You can tell that everyone is enjoying there.

Vi1 May 16, 2015

Vista de la Montana is a Holiday property. They were quite homey, and I was very comfortable there. In fact, if I was going into a place, I would choose this place. The staffs were very helpful to me. I haven't had a chance to eat there though. The rooms were nice, and I believe they had a studio, but it was occupied. They have one-bedroom and two-bedroom places, and they were all quite nice. I didn't find anything to ask them to improve on. They had a lot of inside activities too. The people were quite happy there.

Caring106245750 April 28, 2015

The staff was very friendly, helpful, and nice. The nice thing about Vista de la Montana is that they have a couple that lives there 24 hours, which is kind of a nice little extra. The rooms were nice and clean, and the menus were good. If we could afford it, we probably would have put mom in a bigger unit there. It was just too much money for her, but it's definitely worth the money for what they do for them. They clean their facilities once a week and, of course, they can do their own laundry. There is a Laundromat on every corner. It has everything, and it is just really nice.

Anonymous105813850 April 22, 2015

When you walk in the door of Vista de la Montana, it is all bright, sunny, and very homey. The staff is great. I had lunch there, and they had a little bit more to their meals than the other facility I went to. Their chef was great. The people were friendly. In fact, some of them came to sit with me. The rooms were a little bit bigger than the other facility, and they were brighter. They had patios on the ground floor and balconies on the second and third floor. There was plenty of room for furniture, and the view was nice. I felt very at home in this place. They had all kind of activities like crafts and games. I even played Wii bowling and bingo with them the last time I was there.

Mossieme April 01, 2015

I moved into Vista de la Montana. I liked it because it has a hot tub, a swimming pool, and plenty of activities available. It has excellent food. My room is just great. It is a studio, and there is plenty of room, lots of closet space, and a beautiful view of the mountains. The staff are friendly and helpful. They're always there when you need them. I'm just really pleased with the managers and the assistant managers.

Caring100937150 January 13, 2015

Vista de la Montaña is a nice facility. I saw their smallest room, and it was nice. The people were OK, but not as welcoming as I thought they would have been. The people there could be a little more welcoming.

Virginia36 October 18, 2014

We saw Vista de la Montana one time because it's very close to our neighborhood, but we couldn’t afford the facility. I liked everything about it. I like the floor plan as it was very spacious for what you are getting. Everyone we talked to was very agreeable, very nice, and helpful. If I have the money, I will signed on the place.

Harold16 August 29, 2014

We chose Vista de la Montana for my brother because it's convenient to where we live. They provide three meals a day and they have bathrooms that are wheelchair-compatible which the other facilities did not have. My brother seems to be settling in well. He hasn’t complained about the food. As far as the amenities of the facility go, I think they are sufficient for his needs. He has a studio apartment. The staff so far are very friendly and helpful.

Cathy75903650 August 26, 2014

The rooms that we saw at Vista de la Montana were very nice. We saw furnished rooms, so they were well-appointed and had plenty of room. The gentleman who showed us around was very accommodating and he showed us things that we hadn't even thought of. My daughter took the outside tour with him because I don't walk too well, and she said it was very nice. I think their price was good. We were seated for lunch, which was very nice, and then the waiter asked if we would like a small or large dinner or however they worded it. We had the small version and it was more than enough; it was well-cooked and very tasty. We were told about what their activities were within the place. Financially, I would not consider this place for myself, but I would recommend it to others. I liked the roominess. I didn't feel cramped in the dining room and it was a fairly large room with a lot of people in it. They had a television room -- or maybe it was a movie room -- which was set up like a small theater and it was nice. I think they had another place where you could play cards or games or something, and then they had some refreshments that would be available to people using that place.

ratprincess August 15, 2014

You get what you pay for. This is relatively cheap. Mom lived here for four years in a very nice apartment. I suspect they don't pay their people much, as we have seen at least six managers in the last four years. The staff is nice. The place is becoming more shabby over time. The arrangement where you must sit for meals within a certain time means the residents spend 3-5 hours a day sitting in the dining room. There are activities and transportation. "Green Girls" can be hired for extra help. A big weakness is if a resident has no family paying attention there can be medical or personal issues that simply fall through the cracks. You live there and truly are on your own.

Hardy August 05, 2014

Vista de la Montana was very nice and it was spotless. It had nice rooms and they serve three meals a day. They had an exercise room, reading room, TV room, and billiard room. I only met two people and they were as friendly as could be.

Caring84701150 May 20, 2014

Vista Dela Montana was nice, but I thought it was a little expensive. The staff was very nice, and their attitude was super. The rooms were spacious, but it was just a little more than I wanted to pay. I liked that it's in a good location.

Ray12 March 27, 2014

I liked Vista de la Montana. The place was very clean. The people seemed very friendly and the services they had seemed very good. We looked at a 1-bedroom, which was not really huge, and we also looked at 2-beds, which we liked. They had different floor plans, and they were clean. The dining room and the food were very good. I didn't see anything negative at all; everything I saw was positive. Overall, they were very good.

Caring72186150 January 18, 2014

Vista de la Montana is a Holiday company. I visited this place because someone recommended it to me. What I like about that one was the fact they didn't have a full kitchen in their apartments. They didn't feel you need one but you did have an area with a sink, a cabinet and a refrigerator. If you want to cook, you can bring along a microwave. I like the fact that their apartments seemed larger only because the kitchen didn't take a lot of room. They're similar as with the other facilities I visited, but were larger. The apartments on the upper level have nice outdoor deck. They were roomy. I mean it just wasn't a little spot with a room just enough for two chairs. Some of these just went around the whole unit, especially if it was on a corner. That was very nice. Also the decorations inside the facility were very nice. The hallways had lovely pictures and the common areas were nicely decorated. They did have very nice dining room. Their staff was very friendly. The food was very good. Finally, the Holiday has this feature where if you want to visit any of their other places, you're free to visit. Say you have a relative in another city and you want to visit, but you don't want to stay with your relatives. You can stay at one of these Holiday places.

rose555555 December 30, 2013

My Mom went there with the mind set she would not like the place; because she didn't want to be with "old" people. Guess what, she made friends! And goes shopping on the bus,and Casino trips!. She tells me about the wonderful entertainment, professional singers, dancing. This past week at Christmas a horse and buggy took them for rides. She has more fun than I do! She plays wii bowling ,on a team, and other activities. She is busy and busy is good. They are fed 3 meals a day in an area that looks like it is set up for a wedding. Housekeeping was an added bonus for us and IS included. You can even get your hair done there.There is shopping literally next door. The apartments are spacious and private. with a living room, kitchenette (no stove)'bedroom and bath, tons of closet space. For the price , this is a great spot for your senior !

Vickie3 October 30, 2013

We did not like Vista de la Montana. It was shabby looking. My father didn't like the way the meals were serve because you had to go within an hour and a half time for you to sit down and they just put stuff around to the table and the food is not that good. The person we worked with was excellent, but we didn't particularly like anything about this facility.

From Vista de la Montana

Vista de la Montana is located in Surprise, AZ, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to Vista de la Montana for a visit...and stay!

Features of Vista de la Montana

• Hiking trails

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Dining extra: Private dining room