The Colonnade

19116 Colonnade Way, Surprise, AZ, 85374

Top nearby Independent Living Communities

Reviews of The Colonnade

SK Spencer October 28, 2015

The staff was very nice and very thorough at The Colonnade. They introduced us to the residents there, and they were very friendly. They had a nice library, cards, and billiards room, inside swimming pool, and exercise area, and they're adding an outside swimming pool. It includes the amenities that are offered by Sun City Grand development. We liked the place. It was the most competitively priced for the same amount of square footage in the area.

Caring112681050 August 31, 2015

We went to visit The Colonnade. It's a very expensive community, but it's a very beautiful community. It's big and modern.

Caring111649050 August 15, 2015

We visited The Colonnade. I didn’t have a formal walk-through type of thing like I did with the other facility, but like the other facility, they provide three meals a day, and that would be hindrance because I don’t eat three meals a day.

Caring105959950 April 30, 2015

They have all kinds of activities in The Colonnade. There's a large party every month. Every other week, they have what they call happy hour on Friday evenings. They have social gatherings, like ice cream socials, cookies, and lemonade socials. They have an activity director who plan all kinds of things, like trips to the ball game, shopping, the symphony, or casino. They go out all the time. If you went to everything available, you'd be gone every day.

It's a gated community, so we can only enter through the gate. Like any such facility, there's good and bad food, but they do have a variety of menus, sort of on a 6-week rotation plan. They always have maybe 5 or 6 entrees and 6 or 8 desserts. You have plenty of choices. Generally, if there's something you don’t like very much, there's usually something else you can choose. It's in a lovely dining room, and service is like a restaurant setting. There's no assigned seating, servers come and wait like you're in a restaurant, and you order off a menu with different courses.

We live in a garden home they call "Casitas." It's large, and I understand that it's the largest for independent living townhomes in Arizona. We live in one that is about 1800 sq. ft. with a 2-car garage, high ceilings, 2 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, a kitchen, a dining room, and a living room. It's very comfortable, just like a nice home. We're not attached, and we don't share walls with anybody. We only have 1-story cottages.

Caring80542450 July 12, 2014

The only one we really toured is The Colonnade. They have different facilities, and they're still building. They had individual villas, like little homes, and then they have town homes, and then they have apartments, so they have a bit of variety. The staff was very good. Everybody seemed very capable and helpful. It's fairly expensive.

If it's right for you, it's a very nice facility. We had a meal there; it was very good. The dining room was very lovely. Only then, they had just one. It's not multiple dining rooms, and then they have like a café, which is informal. I think they have an indoor pool, and they have some exercise activities.

About The Colonnade

The Colonnade is an independent living community in Surprise, AZ designed for seniors, normally 55+, who are able to care for themselves and wish to live independently. Contact The Colonnade for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Location of The Colonnade