The Waterford at Ironbridge

1131 E. Lakewood, Springfield, MO, 65810

Reviews of The Waterford at Ironbridge

Bob115432250 October 31, 2015

The Waterford was a nice facility but a little more expensive. It was not large, but is in a very nice park-like setting. It is close to a hospital. The living area is very nice.

Linda109724050 July 04, 2015

The Waterford was wonderful. Everyone, from the people living there to the people who worked there, was very helpful. There was always somebody saying, "Can we help you?" All the residents were telling us how wonderful the place was, and that we would love it. It was very clean, very neat, beautifully furnished, and had beautiful flowers and trees. It was almost like a home setting and was everything I was looking for. The one we were going to rent was a wonderful two-bedroom with plenty of room, and the kitchen was a little small, but she didn't need a kitchen because they have their own dining area there, which is a little breakfast nook. But other than that, they have large walk-in closets and large showers, so I was very pleased. It could have been a two-people place or a one-person place; you could even have three if you needed to. They even allowed us to have a meal there as we were doing our walk-through, just so we could taste and see what we thought. My mother and I both ate there; it was wonderful. They had a waitress that functioned just purposely for us and our surrounding tables, and she was very attentive. And the food was delicious. I did see everything that they allowed or offered for the residents to do, but I went on a day when there wasn't any activity scheduled. I believe it was a Saturday that I went, but the board was full of activities for them -- away from the place where they live as well as inside.

Ronald Ray F August 03, 2014

They are compassionate, caring and courteous while providing a very friendly environment. They go above and beyond to help with any situation that may arise.

Portia1 May 20, 2014

I have researched The Waterford at Ironbridge through the Internet. I love the entrance where you go in. They have a welcoming guest sign right there at the front where you could see it, and the place was full of windows. It just looks so bright and cheerful. The rooms are really nice. They have a lot of activities, and we ate lunch, and I was impressed with the food. They have a nice salad bar. I talked to several of the residents, and they seemed comfortable, and they looked happy there. The staff are all very nice.

Lisa66493850 April 22, 2014

The Waterford had the best social activities. They took their residents everywhere. They took those people to music shows and movies. They had the best social calendar for the residents; Mom really liked that, but the rooms were very small, and they were one of the most expensive. We liked the staff very much. They were friendly and they showed us around. They seemed to take their time with us to make sure we got to see everything we needed to see.

Caring78334550 February 24, 2014

I moved at Waterford at Ironbridge. I like the food, they wash the linens and the towels, they vacuum and clean the floor weekly. The staff that worked there, it took me awhile to convince them that the residents are the most important people here and not the workers, but I finally did. The place is expensive and they will continue to raise it so I need to find another place because I'll definitely run out of money.

Sue9 November 07, 2012

My mom likes it there. It was real big and it was kind of overwhelming for her. The apartments were very nice. The people there were very considerate. It's just that as time went on it just became too difficult for mom. She needed more help and they're not equipped to do that there because it's an independent facility. She was happy there before she progressed.

timmy28 August 28, 2012

The waterford was a nice place for senior citizens to live. They have their own rooms with cable and , kitchen, walk in shower, bedroom, living room kitchen area. They can come and go as they please as it is a retirement community , not a nursing home. However you can as you grow older have a hospice or home care proffessional or family come to check on you. They offer transportation to almost anywhere, plus offer group rides to the grocery store/ wal mart etc. They offer three free meals a day and offer daily activities. The waterford cares about their residents and it is a family enviroment. Everyone becomes friends with one another and its a nice place to live. They also worked well with me if I had any questions regarding my grandfathers stay, and were promt and willing to help me. Would reccommend this place to any one who is getting older and cant keep up with a house or is alone and just wants to be among friends.

From The Waterford at Ironbridge

Put a spring in your step at The Waterford at Ironbridge. Our community offers Independent Living services in Springfield, Missouri. From thoughtfully designed floor plans to the exceptional services and myriad recreational and social opportunities, residents may just find that we have thought of everything. Apartments and common areas have been revitalized and now feature new carpeting and tiled entries. Residents will enjoy great views from three patios surrounding the building, or they can grab a bite to eat in the updated dining rooms. The expectations of beauty and comfort are set right from the moment residents enter our gorgeous lobby entrance or step into our game and activity rooms. We offer residents a vibrant lifestyle that encourages health and independence through innovative recreational, educational, health and wellness programs. Discover your new home and enjoy a community that encourages new friendships and personal growth at our Springfield, Missouri, Independent Living property.

Features of The Waterford at Ironbridge

• Technology extra: Emergency Call System

• Physical therapy

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• 24-hour security gate
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library, Fitness room/Gym

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Dining extra: All apartments have full kitchens