The Cambridge | Independent Living

2900 S Jefferson Ave, Springfield, MO, 65807

Reviews of The Cambridge | Independent Living

Anonymous113587550 November 30, 2015

The Cambridge was very nice. The rooms were quite nice, and each had a kitchenette. The one or two people that I knew in there were very pleased; they all said that the people were very nice. You can go downstairs where there's always something going on in the big entranceway.

Lesley2 November 16, 2015

The Cambridge had a nice selection of one-bedrooms, two-bedrooms or up to a three-bedrooms where you can have family stay the night with you. They had just been remodeled and are very well priced for the square footage. Even the studio was 1,200 square feet, so they're large apartments. They had multiple cleaning staff that also did the laundry. The staff was super friendly and very helpful. I just talked to someone last week who called to see how Mom was doing even though she didn't rent a place there. They seemed like they genuinely care. They had everything from arts and crafts to bus shuttles. If you want to take a vacation in Arizona, and they have an open apartment in Arizona, you can go there for a month, or go to California for a month, and you're not paying anything more to do that. For their price range, I'd rate them at a 3; they're very reasonable. If someone didn't come down for breakfast and didn't request breakfast in their room, one of the staff members would go up and check on the person to see if they're feeling sick or if they need anything.

Bob115432250 October 31, 2015

We visited Cambridge. It is not spread out, and it was more of an independent facility. It was a very nice place with very nice people. It has a large dining facility. It’s close to the hospital.

anonymous115220750 October 25, 2015

Cambridge is very good, and it’s very nice. The apartment has a kitchenette, living room, and bedroom. The staff is very good and very helpful, and the meals are good, too. We play Bingo and dominoes, and eat together.

Laverne7 October 15, 2015

The Cambridge is what I would consider from the places I visited. The people come together for lunch, they had established friends, and they were helping each other. There were areas for activities that were convenient and handy. I think they had it all together.

Caring111318850 July 31, 2015

The staff was very helpful and knowledgeable at the Cambridge. He answered all my questions very professionally. They also cared about what was best for my grandma. The rooms are in very good shape. They had several different options like one bedroom and two bedroom apartments. They really had a lot to offer in as far as activities and onsite help available. I liked the options for food where they had available choices instead of just the set meals. They also had afternoon coffee and cookies. They had different groups come in to interact with the residents, and I thought that was a big plus.

Caring102133350 January 29, 2015

The common area downstairs was beautiful, and the surroundings were clean at Cambridge. The community, the rooms, and sanitation were good. The rooms were small, but overall not satisfactory for their needs. The staff was fantastic; they’re very accommodating.

There was somebody playing the piano. I did not try the food, but I saw it, and I wasn’t extremely impressed. But the place was impressive overall.

Carolyn100458250 October 16, 2014

I met the manager at The Cambridge and as far as I can tell, it's good. The rooms were nice. The bedroom was reasonably large.

Norma12 September 23, 2014

I moved into The Cambridge a week ago and I really like it. So far, it has been great. Everyone is really friendly. The staff are all just willing to help you with anything you need help with. The people that I have met have all been just very pleasant people. There is nothing to complain about, really. They have a lady who comes in and cleans my apartment once a week, changes the linens on my bed and she just does lots of things for me. They have activities all day long. Like this morning, they had exercise, bible study, tai-chi and sometimes they play bingo. The food is just really good. Everything is home made. They don't use any pre-made things. They make it all from scratch. My room is very nice. I have a one bedroom apartment with a nice size living room. I have a very nice bathroom with a walk-in shower. I have a shower chair. Everything is clean and when anyone moves out, they go in and refurbish everything.

Portia1 May 20, 2014

I went to visit The Cambridge, and this facility is conveniently close to places that I want to go to walk. It's near a grocery store and the hair salon that I am going to. The residents were very friendly, and they looked like they were enjoying their lunch. The staff was very friendly and helpful. They have a dining hall where you can have your family in for a meal, so they can also go there, and I thought that was very nice. They have things for the residents to keep them busy.

Lisa66493850 April 22, 2014

The food was good at The Cambridge. The residents seemed very friendly and happy. The staff took their time and seemed very friendly and informative when we had our visit there. The rooms were a good size, but needed updating. They had a fair number of social activities. They had a regular shuttle to go to a couple of different churches on Sundays and Wednesdays, and Mom likes that. They also had some bridge clubs, and Mom likes to play bridge. She was very pleased with that. They did have some social outings, so that was good.

MISTY MOON July 13, 2012

MY MOTHER LIVED THE APARTMENTS WERE VERY NICE. ALL OF THE EMPLOYEES WERE WONDERFUL, VERY HELPFUL AND CARING, FROM THE KITCHEN TO THE JANITORS AND THE AIDS KNOW EACH AND EVERY ONES NAME AND CONDITIONS VERY FRIENDY.

From The Cambridge

The Cambridge is located in Springfield, MO, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to The Cambridge for a visit...and stay!

Features of The Cambridge

• Hiking trails

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Dining extra: Private dining room