Paradise Springs

5600 Cypresswood Dr, Spring, TX, 77379

Reviews of Paradise Springs

Randy23 October 31, 2015

My parents liked Paradise Springs a lot. It was clean; the woman who showed us around was wonderful. She showed us several rooms, and she took her time doing it. She did great in terms of customer service, and my parents liked the rooms.

Caring107614550 June 11, 2015

My mother is in Paradise Springs. I like the general atmosphere there. The staffs are wonderful, and it is a really good facility. It just has a really good feel to it. The apartments are very nice. She is in a large one bedroom apartment, and it is absolutely perfect for her. They have lots of different apartments to choose from. It is very clean, very well cared for, and really good. She really likes the food. They have a private chef and what she really likes is that it is not setup buffet style. They actually have servers that come and serve them the food. She said it is great. As for improvement, there really is not a whole lot, but I think one of the problems we had is that she has a dog, which is fine. They are very accommodating to the animals. The only problem we had is at night, the doors are locked at 8:30 which is good. It keeps the residents safe, but it makes it very difficult for her to go out at night to walk the dog before she goes to bed. There is only one entrance you can go in and out. It is a big building, so it takes her a little while to get to that entrance.

Caring107433250 June 01, 2015

I was able to visit Paradise Springs which is really nice, and I like it. The people were really very nice to me.

Caring102832750 March 02, 2015

I visited Paradise Springs. The staff seemed OK. However, they didn't seemed like they were as clean as they should be. The dining area was nice. They said they were trying to improve their food. I didn't eat there, but it looked like everybody was contented with what they were eating. They had a lot of activities, and the grounds were very nice.

gypsykat February 25, 2015

I really like it here in Paradise Springs. They have things and outings like Wednesday we were all going to Galveston. We have bus trips to go to Wal-Mart and the doctor. All the workers and the maids here are so nice. They have a washer where you can wash your clothes. They are extremely dog friendly, and you can even have a cat if you want to. The dining area is very nice with a cute setting by the trees although some people complain that it is beat up. They have a menu, but if you don't like it they have an alternative menu so you can choose from other things. Things are changing right now. The co-manager is now the new manager, so people that were leaving are coming back because of it. I am very happy, and I feel safe. Most of the people are very happy although there's a few that have given up. We all have a refrigerator and a little kitchen in our room. It has a sink, a bar, and a cabinet. They have studios for those that can't afford it, but it is kind of small. It has a twin bed, a chair, and a TV. They have a one-bedroom which is nicer and bigger than that. I'm in a two-bedroom.

Caring100112550 January 06, 2015

Paradise Springs would have been the second choice for my mom, but their food was literally a disaster. I didn't want my mother eating here. It wasn't as impressive as the other facility we found, but it was pretty nice. But the biggest problem I had was the food. The apartments were smaller, and there was no space for a washer and dryer. That was a big factor for me. I didn't want her to have to walk down the hall to do her laundry.

Hi, I'm Katie, I work at Holiday Retirement Home Office in Lake Oswego, Oregon. I'm so sorry your mom had a negative experience at Paradise Springs. I've sent your review on to our Resident Relations department to investigate further. We definitely want our residents to enjoy every part of their Holiday experience, including meals, so thank you again for bringing this to our attention. Thank you,

Caring1198 December 06, 2014

My mother lived in Paradise Springs. We were just very disappointed with the administration. The apartment was fine and very nice; there was no problem with the room. The place only had one elevator, and that was not a good thing because there were many people with walkers and wheelchairs, and there were three floors. They should have had two elevators. They used to have quite a bit of activities, but they don't have as many anymore. I liked the layout of the apartment. There were many, many complaints about the dining room. They had a new chef every three or four months. They would change managers every about five months. It just did not work out ever. When we first went there, it was very nice, and they had nice people running the place. That was the problem.

Hi - Thank you so much for posting this. We at Holiday take the opinions of our residents and their families seriously, so if there is an issue with the staffing at Paradise Springs that could be improved upon, we very much want to hear about that. Please feel free to call our Resident Relations department at 1-800-370-8331 to discuss your concerns in greater detail.

Caring97167250 December 02, 2014

She’s there for about a month in Paradise Springs. It’s been very good so far. The room is adequate for what she needs. She doesn’t need anything bigger than that. I go there once or twice a week. The managers are all very accommodating. They’ve got an activity room; they don’t have a pool. My mother is 99 years old; she can’t do that much. It’s only 6 or 7 years old, so it’s a nice community. They really take good care of it.

Caring97005750 November 19, 2014

Everything is fine here at Paradise Springs except for the food. Everybody is nice. They need to upgrade the facility, but is it homey. I have a one-bedroom apartment, and it is fine. However, they don't have a big enough budget to have good food. There are a lot of activities everyday like bingo, poker, Mexican train, ice creams socials, and musicians come in and play. Location is also a beautiful sight here.

LovelyLady0000005555 August 13, 2014

My mom is in Paradise Springs. She has got an efficiency apartment and it is very nice. I put my mom in a place where she is safe and happy, and that is all that matters. They changed their management and I don't know them yet. I haven't had any problems, but I don't know them as well as the old management. The food is good. It is not a five-star gourmet restaurant, but it is okay.

John73469550 October 28, 2013

Paradise Springs is like a big bed and breakfast. My mother has been there going on four weeks now I think. She seems very happy there. She likes the place. It has been a really good place for her. She has a two-bedroom apartment with a living room and a small kitchenette. She doesn't get out and do much as far as socially because she is on chemo, so she is not up to it, but this facility has been so far a really good place for her.

Caring76155750 September 25, 2013

The grounds of Paradise Springs were beautiful. They're really kept very well. The facility itself was very nice. The price was right. Their rooms were small. They did have emergency buttons in their bathrooms and bedrooms. The staff who assisted me during the tour were very pleasant and nice. I don't think they're understaffed. The people there were pleasant. Most of them were in walkers or wheelchairs. They did have meals provided for them and they don't need to cook for themselves. Overall, everything about this facility was nice but unfortunately, it wasn't for me. Nevertheless, I would recommend this facility to others if they're needing the assistance it offers.

wmathews September 09, 2013

My Mother lived here for 3 years, overall I was not impressed. The facility is new, spacious and decorated beautifully. The areas of needed improvement are: housekeeping - the cleaning of the resident rooms is not thorough at all. Food - inconsistent and meals take a long time. Management - biggest opportunity for improvement. My mother's light fixture over the sink had no working light bulbs for about 6 weeks despite having been reported to management 4 times; also for 6 weeks her closet door was off the track - again no repair despite numerous requests for service. I work in a service industry and was appalled at the lack of concern over these issues when reported to management.

Betty30 August 26, 2013

I have a friend at Paradise Spring, and it's very nice. My friend has beginner's Alzheimer's and this lady there was always ready and waiting for us when we got there. It's a different protocol, I don't know.

caring6828 June 25, 2013

My mom is at Paradise Springs. I like their rooms. She got one bedroom and one bath apartment that is kind of perfect for her right now. She can have her dog there. She has a refrigerator and a microwave. The location is just walking distance from my house. I have tried eating there and it's pretty bad although it's healthy, it's good for you, and it's what she needs. Her health has improved considerably since she has been there because she is not eating poorly anymore. They have different activities like movies and games, but they won't force anyone to go participate or get them out of their rooms to participate. She does not participate very much. I am not really happy with the way they are cleaning. They are supposed to clean once a week and clean her refrigerator, but I end up going there to clean it myself. They are not just doing a very good job.

jenn2 September 27, 2012

Holiday facility is a place of retirement where senior can spend the rest of their lives in pace. My grandmother lives there and she loves absolutely everything about Holiday retirement facility. She has been living there for about two years so she has became close friend with other seniors and faculty staff. Every time I visit her she highlights how well she is being treated by the nurses and cnas. He seems very happy and content with how she is treated and also states that that the activities and sports performed at the faculties are fun. Last week I passed by to drop her some lunch and coffee because is what she likes mist. I noticed how neat and clean the facility always looks. Since I go there at least once a week the nurses already know my name and treat me with respect. Certainly I will recommend Holiday retirement without a doubt.

From Paradise Springs

Paradise Springs is located in Spring, TX, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to Paradise Springs for a visit...and stay!

Features of Paradise Springs

• Housing extra: Cottages

• Hiking trails

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Dining extra: Private dining room