NEED HELP FINDING INDEPENDENT LIVING?

Talk to an advisor for free: (866) 515-8248

Top nearby Independent Living Communities:

Reviews of Salishan Gracious Retirement Living

Posted by Alice47 August 31, 2015

My aunt was at Salishan. She loved it because she had activities there. There were things going on all the time. They had beautiful swimming pool and outdoor gardens. They would bring things in for the residents to do. The days that I was there, they had dancers, piano players, and singers, and they had people doing skits. They had mass every Sunday. They had a movie theater with movies going on every Saturday. There was a place for them to store their car. It was just a really nice, homey place.

Posted by Terry108292450 June 25, 2015

My father-in-law is now at Salishan. Very friendly staff, very clean, and very nice apartments -- which I think are spacious enough and have a lot of closet space. The food is very good. They have a pool, a gym, a billiard table, a theater, an activity room, and a little chapel. I was most impressed by the attitude of the residents. They are all very pleased with the place. There are probably nicer places, but I don’t think you will find a better experience.

Posted by Caring105976950 May 06, 2015

My mom will be moving to Salishan. The staff is extremely helpful. They were very gracious when we are there. They were very attentive, and they answered all our questions. They showed us the facility, and everything that we saw when we were there are clean and neat.

The apartment is very spacious. There is a pull chain for emergencies everywhere -- not just in one room. The showers are just walk-in. There is no stepping up into it or down into it or over a curve. It is just flat. There are lots of closet spaces. The food is excellent.

The people there are very respectful. It is extremely clean and roomy. The furniture is very nice in quality. They have everything. Every Monday and Friday, they took them shopping. Tuesday and Thursdays are reserved for transport to any medical facilities they need to go to. There is also a company that provides nursing and lab work on site. Every Wednesday, they take them on a field trip. Every Saturday, they have live entertainment. There is a heated swimming pool in the facility. They have several recreational rooms like the bingo room and the pool table room. There are plenty of things for them to do.

Posted by Mike104323550 April 27, 2015

My wife liked Salishan Gracious Retirement Living more than me. We were looking at 2-bedroom apartments, and they were some of the biggest and most spacious ones that we had seen. There was no cooking in the rooms. We had lunch there; we thought the food was good. What we also liked was that the actual managers lived at the facility; we met all four of them that day. It was very nice and very clean; the staff was courteous.

They had very good amenities. They had a laundry facility if you wanted to do your own laundry. They had a mini-swimming pool and a little workout room. They seemed like they had a good variety of the daily activities. They had choices, and I think the day that we were there, they went to Red Lobster for lunch. If you needed any type of assistance, they had different companies that were not affiliated. They do administer medications, but you hire them separately.

Posted by Robert94454550 September 08, 2014
4.0

Salishan Gracious Retirement Living is a nice and clean facility and they have good service. The rooms are clean, nice, and are of a good size. Some of them have screened balconies, so they were nice. Their price is also reasonable. They have the same activities as the other facilities I've been to, but they also go out on trips here and there.

Posted by Dante Oliver June 19, 2014
4.0

She went to Salishan Gracious Retirement Living. It was bright, very airy, and has cathedral ceilings. It's just a very clean, nice facility. The staff is all very nice. She's been there just about 2 months, and they've had a lot of turnover in 2 months. The rooms are fabulous. The sanitation is very nice. It's independent living, but I like the comprehensiveness of the activities, the services that are provided, and the direction. If we have questions, if they don't know the answer, they will help me find it.

Posted by Marie22 September 12, 2013

I would highly recommend Salishan Retirement Living. I like everything I have seen there. It has three floors that are beautiful and clean. I like the staff. I love the residents. I believe that sometimes people turn into vegetables because the facility they're in is not up to par; however, the residents of Salishan are very happy there. They shared their views with me and they were very good.

Posted by Debbie30 July 10, 2013

Salishan is absolutely lovely. They had three sizes of apartments, a full dining room, a lot of activities, a pool and their grounds were beautiful. Every place had a balcony except for the studio apartments. They had live in staff 24 hours a day and you could hire an outside agency to come in and provide care for you.

Posted by Caring 5700 June 21, 2013
4.0

Salishan was across the street from where I was living. I sold my house and I transferred there. Everything is excellent except the food, it's hit and miss and not restaurant grade. They're feeding over a hundred people and sometimes it's good, sometimes it's not. Everyone is wonderful. They have something going on every time I vist.

Location of Salishan Gracious Retirement Living